The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=624544)

SoCoC10 01-05-2021 12:25 AM

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skymortar (Post 8858814)
Finally got mechanicals in. Now I can make it pretty
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks great! What’s the set up?

SoCoC10 01-07-2021 09:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Progress

DeadheadNM 01-07-2021 09:57 PM

Keep it!

Ol Blue K20 01-09-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCoC10 (Post 8860515)
Progress

Looking great!! :metal:

SoCoC10 01-12-2021 11:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!

72 Super 01-16-2021 10:57 PM

That one is nice!

Orange71shorty 01-17-2021 11:34 AM

Looks great! What size tires? Lift?

SoCoC10 01-17-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange71shorty (Post 8865461)
Looks great! What size tires? Lift?

Think it’s 2-3” with 33X12.50X15s

SoCoC10 01-17-2021 10:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Top & glass cleaned up and bolted down.

DeadheadNM 01-17-2021 10:50 PM

Looks fantastic- congrats. Thanks for sharing.

DeadheadNM 01-17-2021 10:53 PM

I vote no wheel tub carpet btw :)

3757chevy 01-18-2021 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8865869)
I vote no wheel tub carpet btw :)

But keep the armrests.?.;)............Looks real good.

best view 01-19-2021 09:07 PM

I second the no carpet on the wheel well :metal:

PDXk5 01-30-2021 11:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
After a lengthy process of having my bucket seats reupholstered in original vinyl, having hardware black zinc coated to look like original finish and purchasing and having seat backs restored - I now have the seats reassembled and back in the rig. (Of course I knocked the rear view mirror off the windshield as I was reinstalling seats, so I got a new task to tackle now with re-gluing mounting base to the windshield. We do this because it’s fun, right!)

DeadheadNM 01-31-2021 12:00 AM

Looks great. How was the seat back install? Easy to get the screws threaded?

PDXk5 01-31-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8872470)
Looks great. How was the seat back install? Easy to get the screws threaded?

Yes. All but one went in without any trouble. I took the other screws back out of that back, shifted the screw around a bit to find it’s mark and after it got started, I reinstalled the others and it all went together nicely.

K5Fan 01-31-2021 06:05 AM

Well...I haven't done anything to my 1970 Blazer today, but the day is just getting started.

Those seats look GREAT! I like the console as well. When I got mine, the original seats were newly upholstered, and it didn't come with the console. I have tried to find that console, but I can't find it.

I'm not a small person. Not fat, but 6'5 and not skinny thighs. The previous owner had what looks like a new OEM 18 inch aftermarket steering wheel on the column with no tilt. I can slide in sideways, but the wheel is basically in my face. I keep the top off, and the roll bar is too far back to mount a shoulder harness. I've been pulled over a few times by the police and was told that they were just checking to see if my wife and I had on our seat belts, since all I have are lap belts. Another thing was that I didn't have a license plate light. I explained that this is a 1970 vehicle that didn't come with shoulder belts, or license plate lights. Good thing that I only drink my beers at home.

So, if yesterday counts for this thread, I installed two newly upholstered bucket seats from a 2001 Silverado that have the shoulder harnesses and buckles in the seats. (I'll still only drink my beer at home) They also have reclining backs, lumbar control, and armrests, which is perfect for an old man of 59! I also wired a LED license plate light on the rear bumper, and now they will probably pull me over for it being too bright!! When I turned on my running lights, it was almost too bright to look at, and that was during the day!

Now...First of all, DeadheadNM, thank you for starting this thread how ever many years you did. Also, what color green is your Blazer? I set up a paint booth and shot mine with what looks like the exact same color, but I used metallic single stage paint. At the paint store I was able to match that color up to a 1970 Nova, and a 1967 Impala.

I haven't set up my profile for this yet, but I will get that done, and send pictures. Thanks for all the great pics and info!

Chris.

DeadheadNM 01-31-2021 11:23 AM

Hi Chris - you bet! The color on that Blazer was close to its original medium olive and was done in base coat with clear. Some guys have had various results trying to match original medium olive with some getting tones that drift from the original toward shades of silver. Post up pics when possible. Pete

IronCanine 01-31-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDXk5 (Post 8872467)
After a lengthy process of having my bucket seats reupholstered in original vinyl, having hardware black zinc coated to look like original finish and purchasing and having seat backs restored - I now have the seats reassembled and back in the rig. (Of course I knocked the rear view mirror off the windshield as I was reinstalling seats, so I got a new task to tackle now with re-gluing mounting base to the windshield. We do this because it’s fun, right!)

Outstanding work...I really appreciate the effort to get trim level correct upholstery. And they look great.

davischevy 01-31-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spf79 (Post 8849283)
Lol, so the wife doesn't complain. ;)

Let us know if this works out. :lol::lol:

Ptjsk 02-01-2021 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well...since I had the pleasure (NOT), of replacing my windshield wiper motor, I went ahead and placed screen under the cowl.

Pat

K5Fan 02-01-2021 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8872608)
Hi Chris - you bet! The color on that Blazer was close to its original medium olive and was done in base coat with clear. Some guys have had various results trying to match original medium olive with some getting tones that drift from the original toward shades of silver. Post up pics when possible. Pete

Hey Pete,
Here is the first coat, and I have since gotten the rest done, but I haven't taken any photos of it in the sun yet. I think the color came out just as I wanted it too, but there are a lot of flaws and contaminants from my paint booth. The weather here is terrible for paint with the high humidity, and you never know when it's going to change. It's like they say, if you don't like the weather in Charleston, just wait 5 minutes! Sorry that the photo is sideways, i guess i had my phone the wrong way, but I'll get that figured out too.

DeadheadNM 02-01-2021 08:49 AM

The color looks to be a good match under that light. Good for you for painting it yourself. Post up more pics when possible.

K5Fan 02-01-2021 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Pete,
I have painted a few boats with AwlGrip, which is pretty fickle, but with the right conditions, is pretty much fool proof, and looks great. This is LIMCO Color #267.60 Metallic Single Stage. I'm pretty sure its the bad luck I had with the weather, but it just didn't flow and lay down as well as I thought it would. I'll keep sending more as I go.

Chris.

DeadheadNM 04-17-2021 05:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mounted a bias ply OE style spare w a CST cover.