The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What parts aren't out there? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=229223)

jb4short 02-28-2007 11:06 AM

Re: What parts aren't out there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 2052092)
shows how much i know!:o i don't understand the purpose of the vents for the cowl? i am going to be running ac in my '72, i am assuming that from your comment that the vents in the cowl play a part in getting air into the truck?? i apreciate your patience.;) sorry if i am not up to your guys level...

thanks!:)

Don't apologize to me...I drive VW's (here comes the abuse..LOL). Just looking over the cowl section of a donor cab out here it looks like air is pulled through the grilles and up through a seal that channels air to the cab vents in the kickpanels. Seems like that would work with the shaved cowl; but it sounds like these guys have already thought that through.

special-K 02-28-2007 11:07 AM

The vents in the cowl cover are the inlet for the vents in the kick panels.I like to enjoy the air when it`s too warm for heat and too nice for a/c.I would never want to eliminate that option,personally.

irelands18 02-28-2007 01:56 PM

I'm with the guys on LWb bed parts, there are so many trucks out there, and no parts!

extd56 02-28-2007 02:33 PM

Come out to California for some of the long bed partsparts, I see them them all the time for cheap.

killer71 02-28-2007 03:25 PM

I would like to be able to get complete brackets/mounts to set up bucket seats but I haven't been able to find any!

72CSTC5 02-28-2007 04:12 PM

Listen to all of you longbed guys complaining!!! LOL! You do not here the short bed guys complaining! Just kidding guys.

special-K 02-28-2007 04:54 PM

It`s funny,no repro longbed slabs available.Many longbeds have beat sides if not in the rust-belt.But no matter where you are.A good 8`bedside doesn`t bring much payola.you`d think they`d be worth $350-500@,but I see them go for $50-100 when for sale.Or even tossed as valueless...Go figure.

Orange 02-28-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draggn66 (Post 2051540)
How about a repop of the Dash Bezels but without the holes for the gauges? That way someone could make the holes needed for the gauges they want to use.

I made a thread about this about a week ago, and everyone thought I was stupid. Pretty much for the reason posted right below you...

See it here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...t=dash+cluster

70c10swb 02-28-2007 07:56 PM

I have a couple off the top of my head, i dont know if they have been looked at yet.

jaros44sr 02-28-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2051922)
Is that inner bedside around the wheel house a common problem area?

All the trucks I've seen seem to have the same problem, wouldn't take much, just about 1 foot by 3 feet. Mostly flat with a radius bend to match the outside eyebrow arch. Small enuff that it woudn't get damaged in shipping, heck I 'll come pick it up, do you need a distributor in Pa. J.

70cst 02-28-2007 08:43 PM

OK...Tri-ProAutomotive
After all this feedback what conclusions have you come up with? :fb: I would guess this board is a fairly good sampling of what owners of these trucks are looking for from east to west and south to north.. :agree: It is obvious that we :welcome2: your desire to produce more parts for our trucks. It's now time to put the rubber to the road. :burnout: It makes no difference if we drive :bowtie: or :gmc: , we are always looking for more parts so we can put these trucks back into the condition of their glory days that they had when they came off the assembly lines. :drama:

stllookn 02-28-2007 08:47 PM

My vote for the passenger inner fender patch panel for $10-$15 and the passenger side core suppport lower tray patch panel for the same. You could sell about 1000 of these for every bed side because just about all trucks need them and you already have the tooling...ROI off the charts...LOL!

Draggn66 02-28-2007 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange (Post 2052520)
I made a thread about this about a week ago, and everyone thought I was stupid.

Well I for one didn't think you were :crazy: Hell that's where I got the idea:metal:

Hey here's another idea.....how 'bout a vinyl insert for the ash tray and glove box in black to match the bezel? All I've found is woodgrain and sprayed black vinyl spray on them.

gtomechanic 02-28-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tri-ProAutomotive (Post 2050868)
Does anyone have a Blazer windshield frame; and how much of the top of it normally needs to be replaced?

I have a decent one ,I would be willing to donate ,if you need one for a pattern. What NJ town are you in? Do you have a shop where I can pickup the parts you already have available?:c2:

weasel29gm 02-28-2007 10:34 PM

Tri-pro, very good answer and most of the parts mentioned should sell. Looks like you got a handle on this stuff. Feedback on this board is excellant and some very good guys and gals. I'm sure most would support your efforts in gettin' some of these parts produced. Good luck!!!

Orange 02-28-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 2052770)
OK...Tri-ProAutomotive
After all this feedback what conclusions have you come up with? :fb: I would guess this board is a fairly good sampling of what owners of these trucks are looking for from east to west and south to north.. :agree: It is obvious that we :welcome2: your desire to produce more parts for our trucks. It's now time to put the rubber to the road. :burnout: It makes no difference if we drive :bowtie: or :gmc: , we are always looking for more parts so we can put these trucks back into the condition of their glory days that they had when they came off the assembly lines. :drama:

You like smiley's - don't you? :hm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draggn66 (Post 2052798)
Well I for one didn't think you were :crazy: Hell that's where I got the idea:metal:

At least there's three of us!!! Wait, that's the just you, and me, and me talking to myself...ehhh, nevermind.

3/4tonterror 03-01-2007 08:24 AM

i want to see CUSTOM CAMPER/20 OR 30 emblems reproduced for my 70, all i find are used pitted ones.

Mt Man Chad 03-01-2007 10:39 AM

Bed side "Tool Box door hinges"!

jb4short 03-01-2007 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 2052770)
OK...Tri-ProAutomotive

Some of the items mentioned we are already working on production for. I'll be at the factory at the end of next week and I'll shoot pictures of any prototypes, samples, or "Works in progress" to update you. A number of items here are items we thought there is demand for; but there's also a number of new ideas to us (toolbox door? Should be easy enough) which is why we chose to start this thread. I have already had a couple contacts "Donating" samples for us to work from.

(keep an eye out for the LWB bedsides)

Thanks; and don't worry about posting things that have already been posted....this gives us an understanding about HOW MUCH demand there is for an item.

Don Smith 03-01-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 724x4a/cchevy (Post 2049426)
small and big block heat stoves/pipes

I vote for this

oldgold70c10 03-01-2007 07:27 PM

Longbed sides,
all the cab parts mentioned, dash board.
A complete q-jet air cleaner housing with no PCV hole or Thermac on the snorkle (would be easy to add though for those that need it and you could also sell a ton of these to the Impala/Nova/Chevelle guys).
A 67-68 grill. I've seen a 69-72 firewall being made, but what about the 67-68? Auto trans. housing, dial and pointer for non-tilt 67-70's, and the fiber optic cable.
67-68 steering wheels in colors other than black.
A good bushing kit for the manual and auto column shift linkages.

Blue_71 03-01-2007 08:02 PM

toolbox door with latch
toolbox door hinge
bottem of bed under toolbox door, (about 6" tall and from front of the bed to the wheel well) stamped in for door

CPNEJR 03-01-2007 08:37 PM

also the armrests for a 67 in something other than black because i have a white interior and had to go with a 66 armrest because that is the only one i like that came in white.(i would prefer having a 67 but 66 look really good too)

Stroker 03-01-2007 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by guy51usa (Post 2049544)
How about a 71 72 hood pancaked to 67 profile, maybe even lower profile cowl induction hood

I think the 67-68 hoods built to fit 69-72 front clip would be a good one!!!!!!!!!

Frizzle Fry 03-02-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stroker (Post 2054509)
I think the 67-68 hoods built to fit 69-72 front clip would be a good one!!!!!!!!!

That's a great one!