The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Greg65 build thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=336653)

truknut 02-20-2010 11:57 AM

Re: Greg65 build thread

Greg, the 65 is looking good.. I'm glad you posted some old pics of it, I didn't realize it's been apart for 8 yrs. I'm glad it's going back together. If you do go LS, I know where someone might be interested in the 406..LOL.

greg65 02-20-2010 05:35 PM

The LS swap is still a thought I can't get rid of but I know I would miss hearing that big cam in the 406. I need to sit down and decide if it's going to be a redlight to redlight truck or built to be driven long distances. Is old age catching up to me?

greg65 02-20-2010 05:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last night I started on making a bracket for my electric fuel pump and fuel filter. Started with a 16 guage of sheet metal. After marking out my pattern, I cut it out. I even notched out the mounting tabs. Then I installed the pump, filter, and the line between the two. After disassembling everything and painting bracket I made sure everything fit. It was to be installed in front of the crossmember above the rear axle. The only problem is the first bump I hit the rear trailing arm will ko the fuel pump. Oh well at least I thought I was making progress. The reason for moving the pump was so later I can run my exhaut over the axle.

Hart_Rod 03-03-2010 05:01 PM

Nice dog! Cool build, see ya this weekend.

daverod 03-03-2010 05:23 PM

Looks like the build is coming along good. How's that puppy.;) Your never to old to do a good burn out, just ask Strodder. He's really old.

greg65 03-03-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 3837818)
Nice dog! Cool build, see ya this weekend.

Thank's Rob.

greg65 03-03-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 3837855)
Looks like the build is coming along good. How's that puppy.;) Your never to old to do a good burn out, just ask Strodder. He's really old.

That puppy is 11 months old and weighs about 65 pounds. Need to post some updated pictures of her. Oh by the way if you don't have enough snow you can have what's left down here.

greg65 03-06-2010 05:53 PM

Today I drove to Montgomery al. to meet Rob(Hart Rod). Super nice guy. WE talked a little trucks and alot of Oklahoma football. It don't get any better than that. I picked up the oe tailgate he had listed in the parts for sale section. Last week my rear wheel tubs come in from Christian's Classics. Very good service and great guy to work with. After buying a few more body pieces it's time to save up enough money for the body work.

daverod 03-06-2010 06:05 PM

My pups 4 months and pig. He weighs 55. Trucks looking sweet. Wish I had the $$ to have someone do the body work.:waah: I'm still saving for a good air compressor.

greg65 03-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 3843604)
My pups 4 months and pig. He weighs 55. Trucks looking sweet. Wish I had the $$ to have someone do the body work.:waah: I'm still saving for a good air compressor.

Four months old and 55 pounds wow he should be big enouigh to pull a plow when fully grown. About the body work, I'm not tallented enough to tackle that yet. Maybe Alan can give me some pointers when that time comes.

Alan's Classic 03-06-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 3843577)
Today I drove to Montgomery al. to meet Rob(Hart Rod). Super nice guy. WE talked a little trucks and alot of Oklahoma football. It don't get any better than that. I picked up the oe tailgate he had listed in the parts for sale section. Last week my rear wheel tubs come in from Christian's Classics. Very good service and great guy to work with. After buying a few more body pieces it's time to save up enough money for the body work.

Road trips are great. I don't do it near enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 3843707)
Four months old and 55 pounds wow he should be big enouigh to pull a plow when fully grown. About the body work, I'm not tallented enough to tackle that yet. Maybe Alan can give me some pointers when that time comes.

That's what we are here for. I'll do what I can. ;)

Hart_Rod 03-07-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 3843577)

Enjoyed the conversation Greg. Can't wait to see the tailgate painted and bolted on your truck.

greg65 03-07-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 3844290)
Enjoyed the conversation Greg. Can't wait to see the tailgate painted and bolted on your truck.

That makes two of us. Everyone that I show it to was amazed at the condition it is in. Thanks again Rob. How did the Blazer turn out? Pictures?

Hart_Rod 03-07-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 3844363)
That makes two of us. Everyone that I show it to was amazed at the condition it is in. Thanks again Rob. How did the Blazer turn out? Pictures?

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=390636

greg65 03-09-2010 09:33 PM

Tomorrow I get to fly to San Antonio Texas for a few days. It is kinda of a "business trip". I work for a Ford dealership and one of my jobs is selling tires. I get to go to Continental Tires proving grounds for track day. Pretty cool setup they have in Uvalde Tx. There around eight different tracks with the biggest being a eight and a half mile oval. I guess working for Ford has it's perks. I'm thirty-nine years old and this will be my first time in a plane. Will try to post some pictures this weekend.

Alan's Classic 03-09-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 3850627)
Tomorrow I get to fly to San Antonio Texas for a few days. It is kinda of a "business trip". I work for a Ford dealership and one of my jobs is selling tires. I get to go to Continental Tires proving grounds for track day. Pretty cool setup they have in Uvalde Tx. There around eight different tracks with the biggest being a eight and a half mile oval. I guess working for Ford has it's perks. I'm thirty-nine years old and this will be my first time in a plane. Will try to post some pictures this weekend.

That's awesome Greg, have fun. Do you get to drive anything?

I was stationed out in San Antonio for 8.5 years. I really miss that place. Be sure to check out down town and the River Walk.

greg65 03-09-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 3850636)
That's awesome Greg, have fun. Do you get to drive anything?

I was stationed out in San Antonio for 8.5 years. I really miss that place. Be sure to check out down town and the River Walk.

Yes, not sure which tracks we will be on yet. We get to the track at 7:30 and leave at 6:00. Dinner is at some ranch close by. I haven't tasted Texas bar-b-que in years.

The river walk is where we will be leaving from. I will be there for a couple of hours.

daverod 03-09-2010 09:58 PM

Did he say F@rd.:lol: Sounds like fun.;)

greg65 03-09-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 3850702)
Did he say F@rd.:lol: Sounds like fun.;)

Job security.

65Custom 03-09-2010 11:53 PM

Man I can't wait to hear about that trip. Sounds like this will be some fun filled days.

greg65 03-12-2010 10:52 PM

After a few flight delays I'm back home. San Antonio was amazing. I went down to the river walk first thing and had lunch at County Line Barbecue.
Thursday we got up and headed to the proving grounds for a full day of testing. There were seven different tracks set up for us to test the new Continental tires. I was very impressed how far this company's product has come in the last five years. You name it and they have a test for it. One of the highlights of the day was getting to ride on a road course with a professional driver. The suspension on his Mustang had been heavily modified. That was worth the trip. As a added bonus, on the eight and a half mile oval we got to drive six super cars. The top speed was set at 135 mph and no more. So there was no way that us grown men would exceed that.:lol: Of the six cars I got to drive the Porsche 911 turbo, AMG Mercedes Banz, and the Ferrari 360. About tens ago I went to a NASCAR driving school which was a blast but it does not come close to the super cars on that track. I know this a long post but I had to share.

greg65 03-12-2010 10:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the cars.

greg65 03-12-2010 10:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The other three.

daverod 03-13-2010 12:03 AM

So which one did you like the best.;) I hope you got paid to do this.:lol:

greg65 03-13-2010 09:00 AM

The Porsche had amazing power and handling while the Benz was very smooth through the gears plus the performance to match the others. For me the Ferrari was my choice. It just had an awsome feel putting into a corner at that rate of speed. The question is how to install the paddle shifters on our trucks.