The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can you find a flaw? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=417141)

VikingSkull 12-04-2010 10:53 AM

Re: Can you find a flaw?

Can I find a flaw? Yeah! It's not mine.

BLACK AND BLUE 67-72 12-04-2010 11:08 AM

I can't see a THING wrong with this truck, who cares how old the owner is or how the truck was built, or who built the truck!!! Point is it is an awesome truck and NO ONE on THIS site should be saying ANYTHING negative about ANYONE'S truck on here!!!!! Grow up guys!! We have all kinds of members from teenagers to old retired people and everything in between here, just like all kinds of trucks, from rust buckets to beautiful show trucks!! I would love to have a truck like this one, instead of my non painted rusted hunks!!! :metal:

jcis4me 12-04-2010 11:46 AM

Gotta give the kid a KUDO for standing up and not being ashamed of the LOVE of Christ by posting the video and having a Christian group do the video, Kid keep standing up for what you believe in JESUS AND AMERICAN MUSCLE !!!!!
ALOHA

50bomb 12-04-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcis4me (Post 4330416)
Gotta give the kid a KUDO for standing up and not being ashamed of the LOVE of Christ by posting the video and having a Christian group do the video, Kid keep standing up for what you believe in JESUS AND AMERICAN MUSCLE !!!!!
ALOHA

AMEN..I think we should all watch what we say I agree. I say things sometimes I dont' mean or should be careful. Love your truck. I only wish mine will look as great as yours when I am done. It gives me inspiration you know? And to see someone young and into the old ways is awesome. Such history in these chevy/gmc trucks. Lets stop the bashing and encourage each other through these times. Keep on Building and truckin.

prostreetC-10 12-04-2010 12:38 PM

Envy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Envy (disambiguation).

Envy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another's (perceived) superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1]

Envy can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been he or she who had the desired object.[2][3]

Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[4] It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others. Although envy is generally seen as something negative, Russell also believed that envy was a driving force behind the movement towards democracy and must be endured to achieve a more just social system.[5]

I still have some counseling appointment available!

68jewel 12-04-2010 01:01 PM

I love the truck and video. Look at it this way, the kid could be out there with his pants hanging off of his butt with his boxers showing and not working and making babies he cannot take care of. Instead he works and has a hobby that just so happens to not include drugs and alcohol. So what if his parents may have helped him and they should if he shows these kinds of maturity. I help my sons. For every $100 they save, I match it. It gives them some incentive and garners some responsibility.

Crunch 12-04-2010 02:29 PM

Beautiful truck and video!

I think those of you getting "butt-hurt" by the comments should remember the original poster's point. He wants to feel better about his truck and wants others to find faults with this one. He obviously meant it in jest, and I'm assuming everyone posting did likewise.

STOCKISH 12-04-2010 04:36 PM

Whether he meant it as a joke or not, quit trying to find fault or flaws in other peoples trucks??? By the way,Shane, I laughed like hell at the pic of the crying kid!!!!!:lol:

Liz 12-04-2010 09:58 PM

awesome! Now I get to spend an hour or so sorting out which preschooler started crap and whom followed suit. You guys ROCK. Anyone who has been a member here or read for more than a day knows we do NOT allow bashing.. add in the pissing match, circumventing site censor filter and generally acting like a bunch of idiots.. and woot I get to waste an hour of my life babysitting!

Thanks and thread MAY be open again when I am done.

To those who acted adult.. thank you, the rest and the ones egging it on.. my goodness get a frikin life.

Liz 12-04-2010 10:46 PM

Thread is open, infractions and edits all over the place.. Keep the bs digs and hate out of the thread. We NEVER allow folks to bash stuff.. its flat out rude.

Final warning on this thread, if anyone else bashes and tears it up, trolls or continues the pissing match your account will be permanently suspended. Its all fine and dandy to discuss the truck, etc.. its fine to dislike it. It is NOT fine to tear up someone you dont know, and their build. sheesh.. grow up

prostreetC-10 12-04-2010 11:11 PM

Guess I'll be the first to jump back in. I didn't bash the build but sure did get on the ones that did and in a bad way. Also am very guilty of playing big brother to the site in general in a non-positive way.....need to pick a more tactful way of expressing!

SORRY LIZ!!!!

Sillyoldman 12-04-2010 11:56 PM

That truck sure is nice.

Hubscrub 12-05-2010 12:11 AM

I would drive it lol, i really love the rims with the white letters and the two tone paint:metal:

prostreetC-10 12-05-2010 12:21 AM

Can't help but wonder if the lights are intentionally cocked in a little for a unique look. Seems too easy to catch and correct.

Something else that caught my eye is that his hands are correctly at the ten and two position on the steering wheel. He doesn't have his wrist resting on top of the wheel or anything. Looks like the sign of an appreciative and careful driver.

I freaking love that look of the truck over the big wet spot like it just got washed. Killer effect.

LockDoc 12-05-2010 12:22 AM

-
I just like Red and White trucks, PERIOD!!!..:)

LockDoc

Crunch 12-05-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 (Post 4331738)
Something else that caught my eye is that his hands are correctly at the ten and two position on the steering wheel. He doesn't have his wrist resting on top of the wheel or anything. Looks like the sign of an appreciative and careful driver.

Off topic, but did you know now with airbag cars, they now say its 9 and 3 instead of 10 and 2.

prostreetC-10 12-05-2010 05:15 PM

Probably to keep from blowing your arms into the trunk on impact. Makes sense to me.

tdp67 12-06-2010 01:52 AM

Well? It's not a 67 but it's not bad.

AJ_Aguirre 12-10-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam.man67 (Post 4328662)
Fantastic vid, AJ. I even like the music. :) That's Grits, right?

Thank you to the people with the nice comments about my work and the truck and also to those of you that arent quick to judge about the driver.

yes! i thought the music fit just fine, i was going for the older hip-hop feel, i thought it fit the chill/laid back feel I was goin for haha and yea its grits

screamin_c10 12-10-2010 07:17 PM

Nice work AJ, you are very talented.....The truck....well I can only wish I had one that nice to pass down to my sons....

Gene 12-10-2010 07:32 PM

Wow, just wow. I stumbled upon this thread after all the edits. But what I can gather is that some think a young kid shouldnt have a nice truck, or that this truck is not a trailer queen 100%restored classic. I will not add to the pissing match, but what I will say is that:

The video is awesome no matter what music you like. I personally think the kid chose appropriate music for HIS video.

I dabble in sportys videos and know how much time and effort is spent on a good edited video.

I cant find any flaw with this truck, i'm pretty sure my truck when finished will have a crooked, or un unlined somthing or other.

Good job kid! Whoever you are!!!:metal:

69 longhorn 12-10-2010 08:04 PM

There is 1 flaw that I found with that old truck....its not parked in my garage;) crazyAl