The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Kabwe's aka Bam's build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=440079)

drivea55 02-02-2011 10:59 PM

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho_villa (Post 4452724)
This door treatment is art! I love the curves up by the cowl.

that is inspiring to say the least!

after seeing this, I am adding it to my "to do" list

thanks for showing your great work!

Brian :chevy:

Fat Mike 02-02-2011 11:23 PM

Your attention to detail is outstanding. Several of my friends are always giving me a hard time because they say I am taking to long. I don't care because I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks for the inspiration on the build and keep posting pictures even of the boring stuff.

Kabwe 02-03-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivea55 (Post 4458517)
that is inspiring to say the least!

after seeing this, I am adding it to my "to do" list

thanks for showing your great work!

All I can say is thank you very much, it means alot that you guys stop by and think enough of my build to leave comments. The comments and the words of encouragement inspire me to keep on pushing. Brian I took a look at your build and that was a massive job you pulled off. You are fearless my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Mike (Post 4458600)
Your attention to detail is outstanding. Several of my friends are always giving me a hard time because they say I am taking to long. I don't care because I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks for the inspiration on the build and keep posting pictures even of the boring stuff.

Mike you are doing all the right things and your mock up of the GM clip looks really good. Good job buddy. Its good that you like the boring stuff because I will be spending a lot time on it now.lol

R.A.D 02-03-2011 08:32 AM

i don't think boring is the word. i think you mean tedious..

Kabwe 02-03-2011 06:23 PM

Well its tedious that's for sure.

jjjmm56 02-04-2011 11:47 AM

The doors are looking great. It's long and tedious work but it all pays off in the end.

R.A.D 02-04-2011 08:25 PM

no arguement there.

Kabwe 02-04-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjmm56 (Post 4461723)
The doors are looking great. It's long and tedious work but it all pays off in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4462678)
no arguement there.

See that's why I love this site, you guys keep me motivated. All the nice comments on the old beast is greatly appreciated.

JJJmm56, your truck is looking great and its nice to know you have not forgotten about those of us who are still in the building stage.

bajabob 02-04-2011 09:07 PM

your work makes me think of a guy i work with.... who continually reminds the rest of the crew..... "any job large or small do it right or not at all"... I hate it when he says it cause we all know he is right and it forces us to look at our work and take the time we should to do it right the first time....

VDOG 02-04-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4462796)
your work makes me think of a guy i work with.... who continually reminds the rest of the crew..... "any job large or small do it right or not at all"... I hate it when he says it cause we all know he is right and it forces us to look at our work and take the time we should to do it right the first time....

Yeah Kabwe, Ditto to What Bajabob said.
I know im starting trouble again.

1lo67 02-06-2011 02:22 PM

Nice work.. Kabwe

Kabwe 02-06-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4462796)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 4462803)
Yeah Kabwe, Ditto to What Bajabob said.
I know im starting trouble again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lo67 (Post 4466855)
Nice work.. Kabwe

Thanks guys.

drivea55 02-10-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Brian I took a look at your build and that was a massive job you pulled off. You are fearless my friend.
thanks dude!

that comment means a lot!

Kabwe 02-18-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivea55 (Post 4475381)
thanks dude!

that comment means a lot!

No problem, its the truth.

bowat6969 02-19-2011 07:56 PM

WOW!!!!!! That is a sweet build man!! You have some really good skills and I can appreciate that work you have put into it!! Looks great man!!

Keep it going!!

Kabwe 02-19-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowat6969 (Post 4498063)
WOW!!!!!! That is a sweet build man!! You have some really good skills and I can appreciate that work you have put into it!! Looks great man!!

Keep it going!!

Thanks you and I can say the same about you. You have skillz to do what you do and I appreciate anybody that is insane enough to start a build and do their own work.lol

troy54gmc 02-20-2011 02:03 AM

Lookin good.:four:

ejn74 02-21-2011 12:14 AM

Your fab rock man!!! The truck looks awesome so far Keep up the work! We have a 50 that has been in the family for about 40 years, last time it ran was about 32 years ago when I was four, I still remember standing in the seat going down the road that last ride. Well any way I hope to get it running with my father and my sons in a few years. Seeing your work makes me want to get going on it if we could>

Kabwe 02-21-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejn74 (Post 4501336)
Your fab rock man!!! The truck looks awesome so far Keep up the work! We have a 50 that has been in the family for about 40 years, last time it ran was about 32 years ago when I was four, I still remember standing in the seat going down the road that last ride. Well any way I hope to get it running with my father and my sons in a few years. Seeing your work makes me want to get going on it if we could>

Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate it. That is a cool history behind your 1950 Chevy Truck. Its pretty cool that you have plans to have for 3 generations to start working on it. Keep us posted and please post pics so we can follow your progress. This site is a great source for information so you've come to the right place.

bobinbc 02-21-2011 02:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The problem is the camera you're using. I use a special filter on my Pentax which gives excellent results at blocking glare and minimizing distortions, also camera angle and lighting must be taken into consideration. Check out this pic of these same fine ladies posing with my truck...

Attachment 703021

And with my buddies car

Attachment 703022

EDIT: OK the other pics are gone DON'T BRING THEM BACK so this doesn't make sense but oh well :)

BC Toy chest 02-21-2011 03:51 AM

LOL, you guys are crazy:lol:. Hey bobinbc can we see more pics of your friends black '57?

ejn74 02-21-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4501579)
Thanks for the compliment and I appreciate it. That is a cool history behind your 1950 Chevy Truck. Its pretty cool that you have plans to have for 3 generations to start working on it. Keep us post and please post pics so we can follow your progress. This site is a great source for information so you've come to the right place.

May be a while my father is working on a 65 el camino rat rod build when he works on anything at all right now. ( he is a semi- retired farmer and is in no hurry to get things done He is into enjoying life and traveling a lot more.)

Kabwe 02-21-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejn74 (Post 4502019)
May be a while my father is working on a 65 el camino rat rod build when he works on anything at all right now. ( he is a semi- retired farmer and is in no hurry to get things done He is into enjoying life and traveling a lot more.)

Well your father is right to enjoy life and traveling more. I just find enjoying life is working on rods and I would like to be traveling behind the wheel of a hotrod.lol

bobinbc 02-23-2011 01:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BC Toy chest (Post 4501709)
LOL, you guys are crazy:lol:. Hey bobinbc can we see more pics of your friends black '57?

Sure, here you go !

Here's the business end, and yes that is a real license plate, I just cleaned it up

Attachment 704126

He has cruised it on the street, with slicks(!) but mainly races it. 502 with a big solid when these pics were taken, bigger solid roller now. Straight axle, all-metal flip frontend, Richmond 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4:88, 4500 rpm launch, dump it and hang on, full-power shift to 2nd, picks them up about 6 inches second time. WAHOO! I've driven it and it's mean.

Attachment 704128

Here's a pass, pulled them higher (and back up again in second) before he added the wheelie bars but the landings could be rough, runs tens, only 'glass is the front bumper

Attachment 704127

Sorry for the hijack Kabwe, now back to your regularly scheduled build thread :)

xpickup 02-23-2011 07:23 AM

Kabwe, The doors look great with the corners rounded and the evan gaps. It is time consuming but makes a big difference in the end. Great looking build.

Shannon

Kabwe 02-23-2011 01:09 PM

Thanks man, I'm kind of feeling bad because I have not touched the truck for going on 3 weeks. I've been busy doing that Nova clip for my buddy and this week I threw my back out. I think I will finish his clip this weekend if my back heals and then I can get back to the truck, at least I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Indian113 02-23-2011 01:18 PM

I hope your back gets better quick! I like to watch you work your magic on your truck. Just be glad your weather will let you work on your vehicles,in Iowa we are waiting on more snow-looking towards spring

xpickup 02-23-2011 02:21 PM

Kabwe. I know what you mean, I haven't worked on the 54 for 2 monthes but have been colecting parts and figuring thing out. Hope your back get better. Mine did that last year and it sucked, Couldn't move around for 2 weeks. Take it easy once you get back at it. I got some roll on lotion to put on my back and that seem to help. It was called biofreeze. Keep up the good work.

Shannon

Kabwe 02-23-2011 06:06 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Last week I could barely walk, I'm able to get around now and only feeling slight discomfort. Man back pain is no joke. I think I'm just getting old.

R.A.D 02-23-2011 07:29 PM

wow kabwe how did you do that? i don't wish that on anyone. only good health take care of that

Kim57 02-23-2011 07:50 PM

Kabwe
Hoping you have a 100% recovery on your back. I've had a bad one for years (2 operations in 1998 to fuse my lower back). Take care of yourself.
Kim

Kabwe 02-23-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4508402)
wow kabwe how did you do that? i don't wish that on anyone. only good health take care of that

lol.How did I do it. I just went to sleep and woke up with it.lol It got worst as the day went on and by the morning I could barely walk. I told you I'm getting old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim57 (Post 4508449)
Kabwe
Hoping you have a 100% recovery on your back. I've had a bad one for years (2 operations in 1998 to fuse my lower back). Take care of yourself.
Kim

Oh I feel much better now I can walk around now. I'm only experiencing minor discomfort now.

Thanks guys there is nothing like back pain thats for sure. I had it so bad that I was feeling it all down my legs. I don't wish back pain on anybody. I have a very high pain tolerance and I could not deal.

R.A.D 02-24-2011 08:50 PM

i think i'm older than you kabwe

Kabwe 02-24-2011 09:30 PM

I know your crazier from looking at your avatar.lol That is funny.lol

Rods57 02-25-2011 12:54 AM

How far to the right did you cut on the drivers fender, mine is in the same spot, but not sure where to cut?

Kabwe 02-25-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rods57 (Post 4511921)
How far to the right did you cut on the drivers fender, mine is in the same spot, but not sure where to cut?

Hey Rods57,

I'm glad you joined you will love it here. I really do not understand your question because I did not cut the driver side fender. If you are talking about the door and fender gap, I only added metal to the door. Let me know if this is not what you meant.

Rods57 02-25-2011 01:12 PM

What i am working on is the front of my drivers fender. In your build pics i see that you cut along the ridge on the front but how far around the side did you cut to put the face on?

Kabwe 02-25-2011 01:44 PM

Oh so you are talking about the patch panel I did on the driver side. If you go back to that pic you will see that I used red marker to trace my cut line. Now that fender took two patches. I done the bottom first and then I did that eyebrow patch like I did the passenger side. I cut the smallest amount of metal I can on the part that I'm patching and do all my cutting to fit on the patch panel. My theory is I can always get another patch panel if I screw up but its harder to find another fender, cab, or whatever the case may be.

You have my email send me some pics of what your working with and I can better respond.

I hope I helped.

R.A.D 02-25-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4511330)
I know your crazier from looking at your avatar.lol That is funny.lol

just your tipickle vehicle supplied air bags:smoke:

Fat Mike 02-25-2011 08:10 PM

I know why your back is hurting. You were looking at those fat girls that RAD had posted, and the anticipation of having to move one of those women threw your back out. HAHA!