The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   80 Scottsdale build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=543511)

gmachinz 08-05-2016 12:13 AM

Re: 80 Scottsdale build

I have most of what I need to do it in my 86....basically a PWM module controls blower motor speed (and the stock motor is retained) and the main blend door PWM module reads off the ambient air temp sensor mounted in the front of the core support generally. If you select recirc (auto recirc if you select 60F) on the AC panel it pulls in cabin air only. I had a 1995 Buick Roadmaster wagon as a daily driver and the motorized climate control system was great!! The stepper motors install in place of the cable operated doors and PWM motors read off temp sensors to determine airflow. I've always wanted to do a swap in a truck....may just spend a weekend doing mine....we'll see-there never seems to be enough time lol

UKNOWME 08-05-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmachinz (Post 7674323)
I have most of what I need to do it in my 86....basically a PWM module controls blower motor speed (and the stock motor is retained) and the main blend door PWM module reads off the ambient air temp sensor mounted in the front of the core support generally. If you select recirc (auto recirc if you select 60F) on the AC panel it pulls in cabin air only. I had a 1995 Buick Roadmaster wagon as a daily driver and the motorized climate control system was great!! The stepper motors install in place of the cable operated doors and PWM motors read off temp sensors to determine airflow. I've always wanted to do a swap in a truck....may just spend a weekend doing mine....we'll see-there never seems to be enough time lol

Sounds like you've got it all figured out! I know what you mean about time though

UKNOWME 10-14-2016 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much to update but man what a long way it's come. I have some much to still do! I've taken on some other projects so we'll see what happens next.

UKNOWME 10-14-2016 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another B & A

TKCR 10-14-2016 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7741827)
Another B & A

I just love that truck!!!:metal:

UKNOWME 10-14-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 7741855)
I just love that truck!!!:metal:

Thank you very much

old Rusty C10 10-14-2016 12:01 PM

you know, uknowme, im not one for lowered trucks but I must say that this one looks phenomenal . I was on a parts buying binge a few weeks ago and I bought a chevy shortbed shell running and driving and my son ( the pain in the ass he is) wants to build up this one too .. I am probably going to regret showing him your thread but we may adopt some of your mods... and they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

UKNOWME 10-14-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 (Post 7742110)
you know, uknowme, im not one for lowered trucks but I must say that this one looks phenomenal . I was on a parts buying binge a few weeks ago and I bought a chevy shortbed shell running and driving and my son ( the pain in the ass he is) wants to build up this one too .. I am probably going to regret showing him your thread but we may adopt some of your mods... and they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Thanks!
I can't wait to get back at it and do some simple mods.

mikentosh 10-15-2016 11:50 AM

Love the orange/white color. Truck looks really good!

I've been thinking about trying the 77 grille, silver headlight bucket, clear marker combo on mine for a while.

UKNOWME 10-15-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikentosh (Post 7742840)
Love the orange/white color. Truck looks really good!

I've been thinking about trying the 77 grille, silver headlight bucket, clear marker combo on mine for a while.

I'm about to switch to the 74 grille

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 12:39 AM

Ok so a quick little update....
The week before c10s in the park was very stressful and almost gave up. I had the new gauges installed and attempted to hook up cruise control. One evening driving to my shop my hood flew up! It didn't bend the hood but it did ruin the hinges and do some paint damage to hood and fenders. I didn't want to use cheap aftermarket hinges and couldn't get a pair of rebuilt OEM hinges quick enough so I decided my best option was to overnight a set of eddies Billet hinges so I could get the truck ready to go. We stayed up until midnight the day before leaving and could not get everything lined up properly. I think when the hood sprung back it caused movement of the fenders where the hinges mount and it was gonna require drilling the hinges or new holes in the fender. I couldn't imagine cutting up those high dollar hinges, especially if it didn't solve my problem and I didn't have time to make new holes in the fenders. My friend ran back to his yard and stripped an old parts truck of its hinges and we managed to get them on and in working order. Now I still had to get the dash reinstalled. I hated how the vintage air dash pieces looked and wanted more of an OEM appearance. I spent the morning of departure to waxahachie Texas reinstalling the dash and fabricating adapters to make the vintage air hoses attach to the LMC air vents. Not perfect but turned out ok. About mid afternoon we finally got the road for the 7ish hour trek. Most of the time it was pouring rain. I was very please how well the truck performed. I was very skeptical and concerned I might have issues since the LS swap. We had a great time at the rally and no issues on the return home. I've since driven it a handful of times. I still need to fix the hood and fender damage.

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Before and after
LMC dash trim and Scottsdale emblem with OEM style air vents.

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At the rally...
I swapped out my eagle 225s for my Ridler wheels because I was lazy and didn't want to polish them.

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 01:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I did manage to get my shop cleaned up and work space set up finally

TKCR 12-10-2016 02:02 AM

Dang, I would have crapped my pants if my hood flew up driving. Glad your ok and the truck is ok, other than few scratches. That could have turned out really bad.
The truck is looking great!!

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 02:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 7792031)
Dang, I would have crapped my pants if my hood flew up driving. Glad your ok and the truck is ok, other than few scratches. That could have turned out really bad.
The truck is looking great!!

I practically crapped my pants.
Most likely going to have to completely refinish the hood. Possibly fenders too.

UKNOWME 12-10-2016 02:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Contemplating installing cab trim

TKCR 12-10-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7792036)
I practically crapped my pants.
Most likely going to have to completely refinish the hood. Possibly fenders too.

A little more than a few scratches, man that sucks.

TKCR 12-10-2016 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 7792037)
Contemplating installing cab trim

My vote is YES!!!

Twin Turbo Skylark 12-11-2016 12:52 AM

Really nice work on the rest! Great color combo!! So sorry to see the hood issue and the damage that is heart wrenching.

UKNOWME 12-11-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo Skylark (Post 7792826)
Really nice work on the rest! Great color combo!! So sorry to see the hood issue and the damage that is heart wrenching.

Thank you very much

UKNOWME 05-29-2017 11:40 AM

I feel like I've lost motivation since the hood incident but I have so much to still do. Fix the paint. Fix the bumpers. Swap the grille. Install the cab and tailgate trim. Repair loose body moldings. Fix short in column and cruise control. Fix transmission leak. Install sway bars. Slosh tubz so I can get the front lower. I'm sure there is more but that gets started.

HotRod C/10 05-29-2017 01:00 PM

Slacker!:bling:
I still have to paint my grey parts green......install trans cooler......Draggin Main 2017 is quickly aproaching.

UKNOWME 05-29-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRod C/10 (Post 7954502)
Slacker!:bling:
I still have to paint my grey parts green......install trans cooler......Draggin Main 2017 is quickly aproaching.

Yeah it'll be here before you know it. Not sure if it'll be making an appearance or not. I have 2 others that will probably be there.

TKCR 05-29-2017 07:12 PM

Same here. I still haven't gotten the hood painted or my little mishap (chip & deform ) fixed. Hell, I haven't even had the truck out of the garage since last year :waah:

st1 07-12-2017 10:10 PM

we hope to see some progress...

maybe I missed it but did you bag this truck? I am looking for lowering options on my build.

I love the colors on your truck. great choice.

UKNOWME 09-20-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st1 (Post 7989702)
we hope to see some progress...

maybe I missed it but did you bag this truck? I am looking for lowering options on my build.

I love the colors on your truck. great choice.

No I did not bag the truck. I'm still contemplating that.

UKNOWME 09-20-2017 03:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My truck sat idle for quite a while. At the last minute I decided I wanted to get it out of storage and take it to @c10sinthepark. I dusted off the cobwebs and gave it a bath. Had the paint chips and scratches from last years incident touched up. Although I had a long checklist of wants before I went, none of those items were going to keep me from making the trip. A group of 4 from Clovis all traveled together and we had a great time. The c10s gathering is just that and is not a show with awards. Although this year the coordinators of the event picked their top 50. To my surprise I was chose to be one of those 50 of some of the nicest trucks around. The event totaled out at 751 trucks. The top 50 were invited to park in the square for the after party. Now that I have returned I have decided it's time to get back to that checklist.

UKNOWME 09-20-2017 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also had the pleasure of meeting Aaron Kaufman

HotRod C/10 09-20-2017 10:43 PM

Slacker!.......

UKNOWME 09-21-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRod C/10 (Post 8044528)
Slacker!.......

I agree

daddyjeep 09-21-2017 12:45 PM

Congrats on the top 50. It is cool that you met Aaron. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

Naught 09-22-2017 09:16 AM

Love the truck! I also love the color combo. Is this the same orange as Reyna Brothers? What is the color called?

rvrfoot 12-19-2017 01:12 PM

Nice trucks.

UKNOWME 12-19-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjeep (Post 8044823)
Congrats on the top 50. It is cool that you met Aaron. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

Thanks! Yes he is a pretty cool guy for the few minutes I spoke to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naught (Post 8045490)
Love the truck! I also love the color combo. Is this the same orange as Reyna Brothers? What is the color called?

I have searched high and low and cannot find the actual color. I will keep looking. I took the picture of the Reyna Bros truck to my local paint store and they mixed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvrfoot (Post 8108988)
Nice trucks.

Thank you!

rodstored-72 02-27-2018 03:46 PM

very nice truck.... inspiration for me to do a squarebody now... if i can find a good beginner! my in-laws are from Clovis (live in the bustling community of McAlister now) they are known as the Parker clan lol!!!:lol: we are planning on being out there for spring break, yes there, even though we live a few hours from lake havasu!!!:jdp: if you hear of a truck becoming available let me know & i'll see about it...:metal: again very nice truck.... great work.:metal:

UKNOWME 03-20-2018 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photoshop/rendering of my truck as a HotWheels! Thanks to 75Dually for passing on this cool idea!

UKNOWME 03-20-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75Dually (Post 8215965)

If you want something done with your ride, send an email to: hotwheelsmywhip@gmail.com and they will send you all the instructions on how it works. BTW he only charges $5, yes that right $5!

So why are you still standing there! Go get one!!!:lol:

RUN GMC 03-21-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKNOWME (Post 8216534)

Nice....is there a page or sight to check out others that were done?

UKNOWME 03-21-2018 02:11 PM

Here’s his Instagram page
https://www.instagram.com/hot_wheels_my_whip/