The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Zane's Ride (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=560166)

Zane'sMom 11-18-2013 12:47 AM

Re: Zane's Ride

1 Attachment(s)
Her is a photo from the chili feed. That is my daughter Lindsey behind the table. Her white chicken chili sold out first!

Zane'sMom 11-18-2013 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This photo shows the pressure washed frame.

Zane'sMom 11-18-2013 12:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the bed with the old wood removed.

Zane'sMom 11-18-2013 12:52 AM

The auto body instructor told me they are leaning toward restoring the truck to it's original army green. I kind of like the idea, and I thing Zane would appreciate it too.

aerotruk63 11-18-2013 07:23 AM

We love pictures, don't be shy.

A.T. RockDriller 11-18-2013 02:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dear Zane's Mom...

Like aerotruk says....we love to see the progress/challenges that you are experiencing....good or bad. The more pics, the better.
So...I like the Olive Drab....was that a Fort Wainright truck..?

My old truck has a little Army Green on it too....But it actually was a contractors truck and that's just what's left of the original paint.

Keep us up to speed....we all love it.
BTW, could you please have one of your peeps compile a list of items/parts that you will be needing..? Some kind of a wish-list. Don't be shy.....most of us have some goodies on our shelf that we would want to contribute.

Zane'sMom 11-20-2013 02:47 PM

Like your pics! I am not sure if our truck was from Ft. Wainwright or not, but it did have the remains of an army stencil on the door. So far, we have the promise of donated suspension from Porterbuilt in partnership with ddubbs, brake and power steering brackets from captainfab, paint from 198plus, a lasercut glovebox logo from crgrs66. Locally, I have promise of donated stereo system and donated tires/wheels. I am looking into finding a new windshield. I will be in touch with the instructors to see if I can report other items we need. Thanks everyone!

1963c-10 11-20-2013 03:05 PM

I don't have a windshield, but what other 60-63 parts do you guys need? I have a parts truck that's been gone over pretty good, but you never know. May have some stuff you need on it and I have no problem donating for this project if the parts are there.

aerotruk63 11-20-2013 04:03 PM

I`m giving my spare parts to members in exchange for a donation to the project. It`s money that`s been sitting in boxes for years, so why not make two projects happy at the same time.

1963c-10 11-20-2013 04:35 PM

That's great Aerotruck63....we need more people like you in this world.

A.T. RockDriller 11-20-2013 05:40 PM

Rodger that.

Zane'sMom 11-22-2013 01:38 AM

Thank you! I will post needed items after I talk to the teachers.

Zane'sMom 11-22-2013 01:39 AM

Thank you SO MUCH aerotruk63!

ddubbs 11-23-2013 12:57 PM

It's been awhile Ellen since we have talked. Sorry for the lack of communication. Just got if my 7 day a week schedule. Nate has promised me my order will ship out before December. I should have all the Porterbuilt rear and ridetech front to you by beginning of January. Sorry it has taken so long. Thanks Darnell

A.T. RockDriller 11-23-2013 03:51 PM

Dear, sweet Zanes Mom,

There aren't very many ways for the rest of us to show our feelings for you and the rest of Zanes family and friends.
We are Americans. Zane's decision to defend us.... and our way of life.... is something that most civilians take for granted....
Many of us , however, are painfully aware of the sacrifice's involved in his decision.
If we try real hard......sometimes we can imagine what drove him.
Even today, with our high level political failures evident....we know that the true cost of freedom still lies in the hands of those willing to give everything to their country.
Thank you, again.

However....whatever we can do to make this project a success.....we're ready.

My wife and I ....and many other Forum members helped out with a different project last year....Maybe you are aware of it.(Captain Bruce Hayes)
There are no limits as to how far we fellow Americans will go to try and heal your personal wounds over your loss.
For sure, It's our loss too.
Don't be shy on your "wish list".

Zane'sMom 11-23-2013 09:11 PM

Thank you, AT. I echo your feelings of gratitude to those who sacrifice so much for the rest of us to remain free. Zane, however, did not die serving in the military. He died from cancer. But losing a child, no matter how, is very painful. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, and for your support for this project!

Zane'sMom 11-23-2013 09:13 PM

Thanks, ddubbs! As you and I both know, quality takes time, so no worries! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and to all of you on the forum. You are all wonderful!

A.T. RockDriller 11-24-2013 10:33 PM

Sometimes I wonder about myself.
Wherever I came up with that, I'm not sure.
You are obviously patriotic (ie. your signature)...but your love for Zane is scribed deeply between the lines here, and it's very touching.

Never enough thanks to our Vets......or enough respect.

I can't wait to see what all you and your "Team" do to this truck, but it's top of the line, so far.

Zane'sMom 12-21-2013 01:57 AM

I am sooo sorry I have not posted in a while. My computer has been in the shop, and I am waiting to hear an update from the teachers on the project. Today was the start of school Christmas break, so I won't have any new pics til next year. In the meantime, I am going to look into local auto glass shops to see about a windshield. Merry Christmas, everyone.

aerotruk63 12-21-2013 07:58 AM

Please let us know if you can't pick up a windshield locally. I think your using the 62 cab are you not? The windshield changed in 64 to a new design.

Zane'sMom 12-23-2013 12:22 AM

Thanks, aerotruk!. We are using the '62.

TJ's Chevy 12-23-2013 06:47 PM

This is a wonderful project! I am very sorry for your loss. Dang, I wish I had a 62! lol! But like said....Don't be shy on your "Wish list" were here to help! Thanks. :chevy:

Zane'sMom 12-31-2013 11:29 PM

Aerotruk, I just want to say, you are wonderful!

aerotruk63 01-01-2014 02:34 PM

I have an addiction that requires constant satisfaction. You have a cause that's easy to help with because of all the great members on this forum. Put the two together and you get great results. And, were not finished helping yet!

Zane'sMom 01-01-2014 07:45 PM

I know, but their involvement started with you; you contacted me, which led me to start the build thread, and you have been instrumental in getting the word out about this project. You are proof that there are good people in the world! Thank you.

Zane'sMom 01-01-2014 07:46 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!

60-66 01-02-2014 12:17 AM

X2, Happy New Year !

MacsGTO 01-02-2014 01:32 PM

ZM, I wish I was in a better position to help you out in your memorial. I am active duty Navy and currently forward deployed so even internet is a high commodity. I should be returning home this year and if you are still lacking in anything I hope to be of help then. I wish you all the best of luck in your endevors and wish you a Happy New Year.

Zane'sMom 01-09-2014 12:20 AM

Thank you for your interest! Thank you for your service, and a safe return home to you!

Zane'sMom 01-14-2014 10:47 PM

So I went to the school today to check on progress. The auto repair instructor has mounted a gopro camera about 10ft high on a post in the shop, and is going to make a time-lapsed video of the disassembly of the engine. How cool is that? I should have the beginnnings of a wish list for engine parts soon! And I checked with a local auto glass company, and they can get a windshield for the truck. I am still waiting to hear if the will donate part or all of the cost. Keeping fingers crossed!.

aerotruk63 01-20-2014 08:13 AM

The GoPro is a great idea. Rotate the pole so we can see the truck and how much work has been done by the students?

Zane'sMom 01-21-2014 10:19 PM

Unfortunately, the body and engine are in separate shops. However, I will talk to the teachers and see what can be done to get some video of the body work.

aerotruk63 02-28-2014 01:32 PM

A Month has gone by with no new post!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...14258980_n.jpg

Zane'sMom 02-28-2014 03:43 PM

Thanks for reposting the congressional record. Pretty cool. I know I have not posted recently. I have a video to post this weekend. The plan for sandblasting the frame fell through, so we are in contact with a local shop to do that for us. I am still waiting to hear from a local glass company too. I will post the video this Sunday. My husband helps me with that, but he is a truck driver, and will get back from Prudhoe Bay tomorrow night. Thanks for your patience! And I hope to hear soon about the

Zane'sMom 02-28-2014 03:46 PM

Woops! To finish, I am hoping to hear soon about the engine disassembly video.

Zane'sMom 03-03-2014 04:13 AM

[IMG]KINGSTON (F:)[/IMG]

Here is the video I promised; hope it works!

chevy_man5 03-03-2014 11:29 AM

Nope... Doesn't work for me. It doesn't look like a complete link.

Good Luck!

Zane'sMom 03-03-2014 01:24 PM

Darn it! I was able to post it to the Zane's Ride facebook page. I think the file is too big for this forum, but please check it out on facebook. Thanks, guys and gals!

A.T. RockDriller 03-06-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zane'sMom (Post 6549876)
Thanks for reposting the congressional record. Pretty cool. I know I have not posted recently. I have a video to post this weekend. The plan for sandblasting the frame fell through, so we are in contact with a local shop to do that for us. I am still waiting to hear from a local glass company too. I will post the video this Sunday. My husband helps me with that, but he is a truck driver, and will get back from Prudhoe Bay tomorrow night. Thanks for your patience! And I hope to hear soon about the

Dear Zane's Mom..
Hope all's well for you and yours.
It's just like all you Sourdoughs up there to down-play the treacherous that is life in the North Country.

For those of you that aren't dialed in on what it means to be a "Truck Driver" in Ak....The obvious would be to say....."ya.... We drive on bad roads covered in all 26 types of snow and who knows how many types of ice (black ice, blue ice, dry ice, crushed ice, pack ice, rotten ice and polar ice to name a few) for at least half the year....blah, blah, blah.....
But anyone who makes a living driving truck between Fairbanks and Deadhorse
has nerves of steel and probably other body parts of steel too.
I'd like to be around for story time when he's doing the tellin'.

Zane'sMom 03-07-2014 02:57 AM

You said it, AT. I hear harrowing tales after every trip: harrowing to me but not to my husband. He takes it all in stride.