The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510160)

CC69Rat 12-13-2012 01:07 PM

Re: Project Grande Slam: Coley's Hot Rod Shop

Might be a good way to pick up some parts, Doors, fenders, etc and make a little money on them. The bed is probably worth most of the asking price.

SWB roller frame, Cab, etc.. or, drop a crate motor in it and flip it with some extra parts (?)

shawno72 12-13-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 5756181)
Oh, btw, I am gonna go look at that truck you PM'ed me about this evening :D

Any pics??

nlped 12-13-2012 01:16 PM

Sorry for the hijack :(. I'll put some on my build thread tonight...

CC69Rat 12-13-2012 01:38 PM

No worries brother man.. post em up :D
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 12-14-2012 06:44 PM

Anything worth looking at Ed?
Posted via Mobile Device

nlped 12-15-2012 02:56 PM

The areas that weren't rusty were dented. It was a bunch of scrap. I was disappointed to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 12-16-2012 10:19 AM

My truck is back on the ground.. shocks and front sway bar and the front is done. My Wilwood MC and adjustable prop valve came in yesterday. The lines are next on the list.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 12-16-2012 10:20 AM

Sweet! We need pics!lol

CC69Rat 12-16-2012 10:46 AM

At IHOP right now.. Ill post in a few.
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 12-16-2012 08:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry, crazy day working on my bathroom project.

Here are a few pictures of my GMC. It is back on the ground. .. with the Stepper wheels. These pics were in the garage, late yesterday so they're not the greatest but you get the idea.

This is right off the jack stands so it will settle a little once it has been driven. Also, these are 255/40 tires .. I'm glad I went 255/45 on my other wheels. These look better on the stepside, it's a little lower I think plus the 73+ swap pushes them out just a tad more. This is a 5.5" backspacing on the front.

On my Heritage wheels I'm going to do maybe 5.35" BS? Something like that just to pull them back a little but not hardly this far.

Here are the pics. No MC right now, no brake lines, no shocks or front swaybar. We still need the rear lower PB shock bar (on the way) and the trackbar (yet to order)

I'm getting there :metal:

CC69Rat 12-16-2012 08:57 PM

She's a little dusty, but .. I'll clean her up real good once I can get out of the garage and / or drivable. The first place will be the muffler shop :D

VA72C10 12-16-2012 09:12 PM

looking good!

nlped 12-16-2012 09:19 PM

Bad A$$!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rusbuilt 12-16-2012 10:05 PM

looks great!

cericd 12-16-2012 11:51 PM

Freakin' sweet!

CC69Rat 12-17-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 5762143)
looking good!

Thanks man. Where have you been? .. havent seen you around in a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 5762165)
Bad A$$!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank You man! LQ4 / LS3 coming soon. Stay tuned :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 5762279)
looks great!

Thank You. You'll see her on the HRPT I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cericd (Post 5762589)
Freakin' sweet!

Thanks Chris. We're about to have an open spot in the garage brother! Let's get the Gold truck on the ground. :metal:

67cheby 12-17-2012 09:04 AM

Sweet !
Posted via Mobile Device

bigguy69 12-17-2012 09:17 AM

Looking good
Posted via Mobile Device

Lolyin58 12-17-2012 09:33 AM

Nice!!

CC69Rat 12-17-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 5762989)
Sweet !
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like a 4x4 next to Cloud 9 :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguy69 (Post 5762999)
Looking good
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you brother!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolyin58 (Post 5763012)
Nice!!

Hey Neil .. Thanks man. I can't wait to get the billets on it, I think with the color and trim, the billet wheels will really look better on this truck. The grey wheels on the stepper without all the trim, etc.. more monochromatic I think the grey wheels just fit that truck better. These are only on the GMC to get it rolling, 15's wont fit ! :D .. My Heritage wheels will be on the way as soon as I can. I have all four tires, and two wheels. I just need to get two more wheels and lugs.

I will have to put longer studs in it though. With the flange on the BS wheels, it is close but they need to be about .25 longer.

Gringo -- what was the part number you used on your wheel studs? the Dorman # you posted a while back?

CC69Rat 12-17-2012 02:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My Pop found htese on Craigslist this past weekend and decided to pick them up for me for my Christmas present. Very cool.

He's working on polishing them up now. These used to look the same, here's a before and after. :metal:

These are not DZ, they are 69-70 Corvette (I think) they have the drippers .. If I am not mistaken, the DZ valve covers didnt have drippers. Anyway.. One has a small chip in it but It will be on the drivers side back, and be mostly hidden by the booster.

$100 .. I am really happy with them. They are coming up nicely.

lolife99 12-17-2012 02:59 PM

Love those valve covers.

Your wheels on the front of the GMC,... is the reason I don't like giving backspace numbers or tire sizes out to asking members.
You think think the tires are too short and the backspacing is off a little.
In my opinion,... they look PERFECT!:metal:

shawno72 12-17-2012 03:03 PM

Looking real good guys! You and Pops do awesome work!!

CC69Rat 12-17-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 5763436)
Love those valve covers.

Your wheels on the front of the GMC,... is the reason I don't like giving backspace numbers or tire sizes out to asking members.

I trust you man You are spot on, and really the stepside has about .25 more trackwidth (?) I think .. maybe it's just the 73+ arms ..? I don't know. But the wheels are inboard just a tad more on this truck than the stepside. But, I was giddy when I sat it down off the jack. :D

The tire is a little low on that side and our compressor took a crap, so maybe once it's aired up It might pick up that 5mm it's lacking.

For anyone who can spec a truck they have never layed eyes on, Keith I think you're doing pretty dang good man. I'm not unhappy with these I just think they 'fit' (the outward appearance of polished vs. gray) the stepper a little better. The polished wheels will look better on the black truck IMO.

But no man, I trust you .. That's why I still ask you for your opinion on stuff. You are definitely the man. We all KNOW IT :metal: I'm just being picky. I'll probably do 5.35" (?? 5.5 if they'll only do .25 increments) on the fronts with 45 series tires. I think I'd like it a touch better. We're talking about .5 sidewall. I wish they made a 42.5 series. :smoke: but we're splitting hairs really. Once this one settles out I think it will look great.

aggie91 12-18-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 5763436)
Love those valve covers.

I agree that the backspacing and tire size looks perfect. I do agree that the full polish of the new wheels will be great with the black paint. I think I would stick with the 255/40 tire for the front...just my 2cents....