The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   ** YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN ** The truck Chevrolet should have built. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=426382)

thalsten 04-19-2011 04:42 PM

Re: ** YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN ** The truck Chevrolet should have built.

I'm a Newbie to the Website and all I have to say is WOW, and you better give your wife a big hug. My wife bought me a 71 and now wants me to put it on a late model 4x4 chassis with my boys. Would love to do it but I don't think she understands the amount of time involved (have you kept a time log ?). You must have a saint for a wife. So congrats to you for the great job, and congrats to her for being so patient.

ksucatz 04-19-2011 05:49 PM

What can I say that has not already been uttered by everyone who sees this. WOW

Do you still have a couple extra air handlers that you need to get rid of? I love the idea of using production parts and saving money. That is what has kept me from installing one of the aftermarket systems.

drewskiren 04-19-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksucatz (Post 4634175)
What can I say that has not already been uttered by everyone who sees this. WOW

Do you still have a couple extra air handlers that you need to get rid of? I love the idea of using production parts and saving money. That is what has kept me from installing one of the aftermarket systems.

Thanks,

I only have part of one I used for mock up, but they are plentiful in junkyards and never get sold cause they don't really break, (cheap).

drewskiren 04-19-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalsten (Post 4634053)
I'm a Newbie to the Website and all I have to say is WOW, and you better give your wife a big hug. My wife bought me a 71 and now wants me to put it on a late model 4x4 chassis with my boys. Would love to do it but I don't think she understands the amount of time involved (have you kept a time log ?). You must have a saint for a wife. So congrats to you for the great job, and congrats to her for being so patient.

My wife says thanks, and you are right - she is great. The only thing I can say in my defense is that at least I am home and on call at all times, unlike friends that hunt and are gone for days and are completely unavailable.

drewskiren 04-19-2011 09:40 PM

I'm working on trying to find another body man, my first one got in trouble with his wife for working too much.

Pop's C-10 04-19-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewskiren (Post 4634662)
I'm working on trying to find another body man, my first one got in trouble with his wife for working too much.

How much trouble...he may need a place to stay & you do have a room over ya garage...jus throwing that out there..lol

Newtz67 04-19-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop's C-10 (Post 4634876)
How much trouble...he may need a place to stay & you do have a room over ya garage...jus throwing that out there..lol

Very good point...

drewskiren 04-19-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pop's C-10 (Post 4634876)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtz67 (Post 4634911)
Very good point...

Man, I wish I could solve it that way!!

drewskiren 04-20-2011 09:29 AM

I went yesterday to check on my rear axle and they tell me they will be done in a week, has anybody ever heard that before???? It is completely torn down now with my air bag mounts welded and the 4 link brackets mocked, but not finished. Then it goes to the powder coat man, then reassembled. I don't need it yet, but my A D D sure could use a diversion from the body work.

jbclassix 04-20-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewskiren (Post 4635403)
I went yesterday to check on my rear axle and they tell me they will be done in a week, has anybody ever heard that before???? It is completely torn down now with my air bag mounts welded and the 4 link brackets mocked, but not finished. Then it goes to the powder coat man, then reassembled. I don't need it yet, but my A D D sure could use a diversion from the body work.

What all are you having done to it? Shortened? How busy is the shop? That seems a little long unless there is a hold up on getting some parts!

ksucatz 04-20-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewskiren (Post 4634406)
I only have part of one I used for mock up, but the are plentiful in junkyards and never get sold cause they don't really break, (cheap).

Thanks Drew, I will look into that. Until then, i will live through your project.

drewskiren 04-20-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbclassix (Post 4635577)
What all are you having done to it? Shortened? How busy is the shop? That seems a little long unless there is a hold up on getting some parts!

Judging from the dust build up I'd say I need to ride them a little harder.

mrchrishill 04-20-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewskiren (Post 4634498)
My wife says thanks, and you are right - she is great. The only thing I can say in my defense is that at least I am home and on call at all times, unlike friends that hunt and are gone for days and are completely unavailable.

I'd be willing to say this hobby rivals time away from loved ones like those "hunter widows" we all know. The one good thing is that the "away" is just a few feet out back.

http://www.huntingwidow.com/

Maybe there should be a www.truckwidows.com for those that marry men like Drew.

drewskiren 04-21-2011 09:46 AM

No pictures because it is hard to tell I've done anything, but I'm still blocking and sanding and finding little imperfections in every panel I touch. Yuk.

Nobby 04-21-2011 03:11 PM

Drew go outside and take a picture of anything right now! I'm going out of town and I need to see your truck before I leave:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

drewskiren 04-22-2011 09:20 AM

I have another body man coming by today to see if he can/will help. I'm saying a little prayer.

drewskiren 04-23-2011 05:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Farewell old friend.

67cheby 04-23-2011 05:42 PM

way to go sometimes you just gotta break down and let the pros do there thing

drewskiren 04-23-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 4641812)
way to go sometimes you just gotta break down and let the pros do there thing

No, I sold it. Good riddance.

drewskiren 04-23-2011 05:46 PM

Just kidding.:lol:

maynardtruckin 04-23-2011 05:48 PM

Thats got to be B.S. To put that much time and money in to it and sell it before its done, yea right!

maynardtruckin 04-23-2011 05:49 PM

Thought so.

67cheby 04-23-2011 05:56 PM

SOLD IT TO PAINT PRISON!!! lol

67ChevyRedneck 04-23-2011 06:23 PM

I stayed away from these forums for quite some time (the projects one), mostly because I spent way too much time looking at projects and I was just floored when I saw this about a month ago and how quickly the whole project came together! It took a long time to get through it all but it was worth it. Sucks you gotta send the cab out, hopefully it will be back real soon.

drewskiren 04-23-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 4641847)
SOLD IT TO PAINT PRISON!!! lol

Yeah, bondo prison!!!

I kept the doors and fenders because I can finish them off soon.

I kept the bed to see if this guy actually does any good, if so I'll swap the cab for the bed and try to keep him motivated.