The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=643426)

Steve-W 02-23-2019 08:33 AM

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

I have a friend who owns a garage in Riverside, perhaps he can help you out? (Jerls Riverside)

RockinKees 02-23-2019 10:27 AM

Thanks Steve!
If he has a friendships discount that’s worth taking a D-Tour...;)
Riverside was not on our route, but who knows?

RockinKees 02-23-2019 03:49 PM

Thank you Steve!!
Unfortunaly it did not work out, if it was more on my route, I sure did get it there.
Thank you for asking him and spending your time on me!!
Appreciate it!!

So if anybody lives in LA, Santa Monica, Culver City, Pomona or in that area, or in Las Vegas and want to help....?
I only pick it up, I won't stay :lol:;)

(I will also make sure you get the parts I need, I order them :metal: )

Steve-W 02-24-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinKees (Post 8472754)
Thank you Steve!!
Unfortunaly it did not work out, if it was more on my route, I sure did get it there. Thank you for asking him and spending your time on me, Appreciate it

No worries Kees! maybe open a separate thread in the "general discussion" section asking for a forum member in LA?
or do an advanced search in the member list, there you can select location and send PM's to them.

RockinKees 02-24-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-W (Post 8473243)
No worries Kees! maybe open a separate thread in the "general discussion" section asking for a forum member in LA?
or do an advanced search in the member list, there you can select location and send PM's to them.

That’s a good idea!
Never thought of that....
Will do right away!!

GreasyLikeaBurger 03-03-2019 03:05 AM

I use to live up in the Culver City/West LA area years ago, but am south by 1 hour. There are a few members on here that live in that area. Might try to message this member.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=777012

RockinKees 03-06-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreasyLikeaBurger (Post 8478632)
I use to live up in the Culver City/West LA area years ago, but am south by 1 hour. There are a few members on here that live in that area. Might try to message this member.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=777012

Thank you!
I really don’t want to spam the fellow members on here. If they want to help out, I’m sure they contact me.
Also got already contact with an highly appreciated member who is willing to help, but is also a bit off the route. Few hours D-tour, back and forth.

The first three days I’m in Culver City, so if there is some one living in that area, or Santa Monica, Inglewood maybe or Pomona, where we are late Saturday afternoon and visit the Swapmeet April 14, that would save me a few hours ;)

Steve-W 03-09-2019 10:23 AM

Ok, another option.
We met a great guy when were in the states an stumbled upon a COE standing on a large plot of land. the guy didn't mind us having a look around and showed his complete collection. unfortunatly the COE didn't work out, but we're staying in touch. So perhaps he's more on your route?
https://myalbum.com/photo/BtBIMpQlLyyO/360.jpg

RockinKees 03-14-2019 02:55 PM

Steve, he’s almost on my route.
We take the HW15 and then the 395 to Ridgecrest.
Where excactly is he located?

Steve-W 03-15-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinKees (Post 8487024)
Steve, he’s almost on my route.
We take the HW15 and then the 395 to Ridgecrest.
Where excactly is he located?

pm sent

RockinKees 03-15-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-W (Post 8487610)
pm sent

Alleen wathsapp toch?

Steve-W 03-17-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinKees (Post 8487616)
Alleen wathsapp toch?

isn't whatsapp a personal message? :)

RockinKees 03-18-2019 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve-W (Post 8488751)
isn't whatsapp a personal message? :)

Haha sure!! But not through this site;)

You are one of the very few elite people that has my cellphone number :lol::lol:

RockinKees 03-21-2019 03:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Little update...
I just bought a “new” intake. Weiand 8004.
Because everybody has Edelbrock and I am always outside the box :lol::lol:
This will be portmatched with the heads in the future. That means, when I have the time to wrench my truck again :lol:

Bigger update on the 35 Ford.
All electrics are in and working :metal:
But there are so many things wrong with the car that the owner has decided to make a lawsuit against the so called Hot Rod Shop...
The last thing we have had trouble with was the “overhauled” engine.
We wanted to know if this has been put together the right way, so if he used the special lube for the new camshaft etc., if the rods are torqued and secured..
Well, when opening up the oilpan, we found aluminium particals and a piece of a cotterpin... even the crankshaft had signs of being worked on with a grinder!!
So, we just would turn the engine and look at the rest..
Did not happen. I have an old torquewrench with a pin, so you can read the specific torque. I had to make more then 60 lbf/ft and the engine wouldn’t turn over. We agreed on calling the lawyer first, he said it is better to stay away from the car for now and wait on the coming procedure. That is to confront the HR shop with his work. And you must him give the change to make up for his faults, legally. The owner wasn’t happy with this because he has no trust or what so ever in this man. But you have to follow the rules...
This means we have to stop the build for quite some time, until we got green light.
Bummer.....

Some pics:
Pic #1 The Holy Weiand for my truck :metal:
For the 35 Ford:
Pic #2 the lightswitch, dimmerswitch, turnsignal switch and claxon built under dash, you can hardly see them from outside the car.
Pic #3 switchpanel ready for mounting under dash
Pic #4 fuse and relaypanel. This is mounted on the rightside kickpanel

oldman3 03-21-2019 07:45 PM

Kees, bummer on the 35...Jim

Advanced Design 03-21-2019 08:52 PM

Man, that is too bad about the 35. The wiring looks awesome though!

RockinKees 03-22-2019 06:18 AM

Thank s Jim and Doug!
Yeah it’s a bummer, but maybe it’s for a better cause....we have to deal with the legal rules.

We just agreed with ourselfs that we go further on Parts that we can make / build loose from the car, so that we win some time.
There is still lots to be done.
I will keep you posted when new things are made.

reaper71 03-22-2019 07:45 AM

Hopefully things will get taken care of on the 35.
Wiring looks excellent!

dug224 03-22-2019 08:46 AM

Love the electrical work on the '35. Thanks for posting. dug

Steve-W 03-27-2019 07:02 PM

Were did you get the fuseboxen and connectors from?

e015475 03-27-2019 07:15 PM

Very tidy wiring - well done.

We talked about airbags on the Jag suspension a little last year - really curious how your's turned out - any fotos?

Best wishes for your upcoming trip to California

Phil

RockinKees 03-27-2019 07:36 PM

Thanks Mark!
Things will be alright on the 35, just takes a bit longer now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dug224 (Post 8492149)
Love the electrical work on the '35. Thanks for posting. dug

Thanks Dug!

Steve, the fuseboxes are from Rick Donkers, rdae.nl
The connectors are just un-insulated 6.3 female terminal connectors with heat shrink tubing. We liked that more then the insulated version, it just doesn’t look so massive...
There also comes upholstery in front of the wiring, you don’t see a thing of it when ready :lol::lol:

Phil, I remember ;)
Airride is fantastic. Had a few hick ups, but now it’s very good!
For pics you have to read back a bit, everything is in the thread somewhere.

e015475 03-27-2019 08:17 PM

Kees-

Found it around page 46. Nicely executed

Hoping to drive mine with the IRS this summer.

Phil

RockinKees 03-28-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e015475 (Post 8495979)
Kees-

Found it around page 46. Nicely executed

Hoping to drive mine with the IRS this summer.

Phil

Phil,
In the meantime it is updated a bit.
Last year on the way home from a Kustom Kulture Festival in Germany, I blew the two rear airbags. My own fault... I drove too low, the bags touched the driveshafts when suspension travelled up and down.
I had to drive 120 without rearsuspension to my home....Luckily I made my system so, that I always have an inch between rockers and diff when fully aired out :metal:
I had changed the angle which the vertical plates make, also made a sort of upright edge on the footplate for the bag. This prevents the bag to roll of the footplate and touch the driveshaft.
This does the trick, haven’t had any problem with hitting the bag from the driveshaft again.
I will try and make some pics of this, I couldn’t find it here?
Later on this day, I put them here.

RockinKees 03-28-2019 11:33 AM

5 Attachment(s)
As promised, I tried to take some pictures as it is now.

Pic #1 here you can see the extra lip I welded on to prevent the bag touching the driveshaft.
Pic #2 the changed angle, it’s leaning more to the outside, I drilled a new hole aprox. 1” higher. This is the front side. Haven’t had the time to clean it all up....
Pic #3 backside.
Pic #4. Fully aired out, you see I have clearence to drive when all air is out.
Pic #5 The bag when fully aired out, nothing touches what shouldn’t be touching :metal:

Also at the front I had to lengthen the shock struts about 1,5”, if it’s fully aired out, the truck doesn’t lean on the shocks (which it previously did). Also have about 1” clearence when aired out, under the front Jag axle.
If you want to know more, please let me know.