The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=643426)

e015475 03-28-2019 12:13 PM

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Kees-

When I looked at your airbag design for the Jag IRS, my thoughts were that I liked it better than mine.

I went out to the shop and looked at my installation and there's not enough space on my truck unless I raised the bed floor up about 3-4".

If I ever have the chance to do another truck, I'd do it the way you did.

RockinKees 03-28-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e015475 (Post 8496361)
Kees-

When I looked at your airbag design for the Jag IRS, my thoughts were that I liked it better than mine.

I went out to the shop and looked at my installation and there's not enough space on my truck unless I raised the bed floor up about 3-4".

If I ever have the chance to do another truck, I'd do it the way you did.

:lol: I have some hours in it.
You have an AD truck right? I thought the frames have different wides? AD is wider?
My bags fits perfectly on the outside.
Maybe you could mount your bags in front of the Lower control arms upon the long reaction bar, I have seen somebody do this.
Or even at the back of the LCA, weld a mounting bracket to it, also seen that.
I wanted no binding in the LCA, that’s why I did it this way, the stock shocks are mounted in the same way...so shocks or bags, my Jag doesn’t see the difference :lol::lol:

RockinKees 04-06-2019 03:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Today we had an Indoor Hot Rod Show, “The Flatlands Motorama”

It was a nice trip, wheather was great. Good people and nice cars!
Also lots of old school choppers:metal:
Our club had two cars in, I did not register because I only had one day unfortunatly. Had a really good time tho!!

Some pics:

RockinKees 04-06-2019 03:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more...

RockinKees 04-06-2019 03:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Again...

RockinKees 04-06-2019 03:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Last set...

oldman3 04-06-2019 11:17 PM

Kees, lots of cool cars, thanks for posting...Jim

Kim57 04-07-2019 08:26 AM

Cool cars.
Thanks for posting.
Kim

RockinKees 04-07-2019 12:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Today, Sunday, we went to the first King Cruise of the season.
It’s almost local to us, 15 mile drive.
We, my wife Peggy and son Jimmy drove in style ofcourse :metal:

Also took a few pics...

RockinKees 04-07-2019 01:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Forgot to insert a pic of our rides...:lol:

Pic #1 my Fleetside and my son’s ‘77 Mustang II
Pic #2 the youngest and almost oldest member of the Kool Guyz CC, father and son :metal::metal:
That’s us Kees and Jimmy :lol::lol:
Pic #3/4 I think a Chrysler with a crazy Old School intake :metal:

reaper71 04-08-2019 07:41 AM

nice pics!!

RockinKees 04-08-2019 04:40 PM

Thank you Mark!
Lots of great cars from all over Europe in the Flatlands show.

The King Cruise in Amsterdam is more local oriented, but still a good meeting!

Advanced Design 04-09-2019 08:03 AM

Kees, those are some impressive cars and impressive numbers too. I imagine they get lots of attention there. You and Jimmy look cool with your rides!

RockinKees 04-09-2019 09:41 AM

Thanks Doug!
Yes, here in Europe are Impressive cars, the UK and Sweden have a lot!!
It’s nice to have them on a show here in Holland, some drove their rods, others trailered them.
Jimmy and I look always Kool haha, we get along just fine.....;)

Tomorrow we fly to LA and have a great time together :metal::metal:
Boy, do we looking forward to that!!

Kim57 04-14-2019 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Was great meeting you and your son Kees.
Thanks again for the saw.
Kim

Hunyoc 04-15-2019 01:44 PM

Well, you have changed my mind. I was once too negative about US trucks leaving the states. Your care, fab, stile, and love for the life. Your documentation has been good info, and a great read. Threw all your pictures after painted black and red I had to drool throo 4 times the last time stopping on that picture of it by that mustang thinking if I had your skills what else would I do to it.... three days of lookin not mutch. I have things I would do different for me. Like put those fine striping all over it but that's just me wanting to do something at your level not mine. I do think white around red grill letters, red or black( not white )bumper with Lines in offset accordingly away from number plate and perimeter of bumper would help the striping on the rims but that's just me consider red grill if black bumper. please know i'm thankfull that truck found you and believe nothing needs dun it's a great truck. not taking away anything from the people on this sight but your work has been as impressive as the others and worth the read. thanks for your time.

joedoh 04-15-2019 03:06 PM

thanks for the pictures! every time I have a truck for sale I get a bunch of inquires from the netherlands. your countrymen are exceedingly nice guys to deal with. unfortunately we never get to a deal, mostly because they always ask me to split or even pay for the shipping. I understand it costs a lot to ship a truck overseas from the middle of the US though!

RockinKees 04-26-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim57 (Post 8506586)
Was great meeting you and your son Kees.
Thanks again for the saw.
Kim

Kim!!
Sorry for the late reply. We we’re doing tourist things :lol:

Thank you for all you have done for me, it helped me so much!!
It was a pleasure to meet you and and your wife!
Great to see your ‘57 in real life, awesome build :metal:

We just got back yesterday afternoon from an amazing trip, I have a feeling we are going back some time in the future...

I will post some pics of our trip when I have sort out all the almost 2500 pics we made ;)

Thanks again Kim, and Thanks for the plate, it will get a special place in my shop!
Please send my greetings to your wife.
Hope to meet again!!

RockinKees 04-26-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunyoc (Post 8507554)
Well, you have changed my mind. I was once too negative about US trucks leaving the states. Your care, fab, stile, and love for the life. Your documentation has been good info, and a great read. Threw all your pictures after painted black and red I had to drool throo 4 times the last time stopping on that picture of it by that mustang thinking if I had your skills what else would I do to it.... three days of lookin not mutch. I have things I would do different for me. Like put those fine striping all over it but that's just me wanting to do something at your level not mine. I do think white around red grill letters, red or black( not white )bumper with Lines in offset accordingly away from number plate and perimeter of bumper would help the striping on the rims but that's just me consider red grill if black bumper. please know i'm thankfull that truck found you and believe nothing needs dun it's a great truck. not taking away anything from the people on this sight but your work has been as impressive as the others and worth the read. thanks for your time.

Well, what can I say to this??
Thanks you for your kind words!
I built this truck on a budget and my ability. My luck was that I started with a reasonable solid truck, only it wasn’t running, but I knew that beforehand.
Also I have built it the way I wanted it to be, everybody who builds a car or truck does it in it’s own way, that makes it such a fantastic hobby, all those different things ;)
When you mention pinstriping, I want it subtile, maybe there’s going more on it, I do not know yet.
Next thing on the list is the engine, a little more power and some new parts on and in it. Some parts I just collected at Kim57, you should also check out his build, I once said, he is an encyclopedia to me when I built mine!

Stay tuned for more!
Thanks!

RockinKees 04-26-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 8507598)
thanks for the pictures! every time I have a truck for sale I get a bunch of inquires from the netherlands. your countrymen are exceedingly nice guys to deal with. unfortunately we never get to a deal, mostly because they always ask me to split or even pay for the shipping. I understand it costs a lot to ship a truck overseas from the middle of the US though!

Thanks joedoh!
Yeah, we Dutchies are a pleasure to do business with:lol:
Especially when it’s for your own....
Most people who ask for splitting the costs are selling them them again once here. With a nice profit ofcourse....Keep that in mind. They also buy more cars at once, remember, there are fitting 3 trucks in one sea container ;)
I think it is normal that the buyer pays for shipping.

When I was on the hunt for a truck, I emailed the seller, and always told them who I was, what I was looking for, and how I would arrange the payment and shipping. Then asked for more info and eventually more (detail) pics. Sometimes I got an answer they did not sell overseas or heared nothing at all. That’s the risk when you are not fisically there.
I think most cars and trucks leaving the states from Los Angeles, Houston or somewhere in Florida, you have to take that in consideration when buying from the states right?
And your right, shipping is not cheap :metal:;)

Kim57 04-27-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinKees (Post 8514158)
Kim!!
Sorry for the late reply. We we’re doing tourist things :lol:

Thank you for all you have done for me, it helped me so much!!
It was a pleasure to meet you and and your wife!
Great to see your ‘57 in real life, awesome build :metal:

We just got back yesterday afternoon from an amazing trip, I have a feeling we are going back some time in the future...

I will post some pics of our trip when I have sort out all the almost 2500 pics we made ;)

Thanks again Kim, and Thanks for the plate, it will get a special place in my shop!
Please send my greetings to your wife.
Hope to meet again!!

It was a pleasure to help.
Glad you guys had a good time and are home safe and sound.
Kim

RockinKees 05-15-2019 02:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
You won’t believe it but I had some time for my own truck :lol:

I have a piece piece of carpet laying around for years, and from my sister in law I had some felt undercarpet.
Cleaned out the cab, took the bench out and went on with furnish.....
Never done this before, it’s a first try.

First I put some sound deadener on the back of the cab, hadn’t done that yet.
Then I put the under carpet in two seperate pieces, left and right under the dash. That was easier for me.
The backside of the cab I did in one piece.
I was doubting if I was using two layers of the under carpet, just because I had enough of it.
After a night good sleep :lol:, I did another layer of the under carpet. The front of the cab in one piece now, evenso in the back.
It is nicely done, if I may say so :lol::lol::metal:
Hope to get it finished tomorrow.

The pics....

58 pache 05-15-2019 04:51 PM

looks pretty darn good to me.

oldman3 05-15-2019 07:27 PM

Kees, looks great, you will notice a huge difference in the interior noise...Jim

reaper71 05-16-2019 07:39 AM

Should be nice and quiet now.