The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

ItsRandy 03-10-2013 02:43 AM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5930971)
Yo vdog why havent i had any of this peach cobbler? Thought we were homies :( lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy's girlfriend makes some killer brownies...when are we gonna get some more of those?

Andy, you get your truck all fixed-up? No more broken motor?

hopped up 03-10-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5937577)
Andy's girlfriend makes some killer brownies...when are we gonna get some more of those?

Andy, you get your truck all fixed-up? No more broken motor?

Hahaha randy!! Whenever we have another meet brook already said shell make some munchies for us. I put my bew motor in on saturday, its a gm goodwrench motor with low miles for a gery good price. So i should have it running by this weekend(fingers crossed)
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 03-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5939203)
Hahaha randy!! Whenever we have another meet brook already said shell make some munchies for us. I put my bew motor in on saturday, its a gm goodwrench motor with low miles for a gery good price. So i should have it running by this weekend(fingers crossed)
Posted via Mobile Device

How did it go?

69Rumbler 03-11-2013 02:41 PM

i say we do it next week .. i would do it but im not organized enough haha

VDOG 03-11-2013 03:28 PM

Lee and I have been talking, so were thinking the begining of April. That way everyone has enough notice. Still thinking San Berdo, at the No Limit Shop.

Hopefully this week, we will know something for sure.
Now thats for the offical meet, but if someone wants to have a gathering at there home or some other spot, please post it.

hopped up 03-11-2013 04:32 PM

Vdog- i got the motor in just gotta finish up the install this weekend. Should be done on sunday. Woohoo
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 03-11-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5940506)
Vdog- i got the motor in just gotta finish up the install this weekend. Should be done on sunday. Woohoo
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats great Andy, let me know how it turns out. I know your going to check everything this time. No eatting Brooks Cronic Brownies during the engine install. LOL

Let me know if you need some help.

jbclassix 03-17-2013 07:59 PM

Man, been in SoCal for over a year now and don't think I have hit up this thread once.

Hi.

VDOG 03-17-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbclassix (Post 5953296)
Man, been in SoCal for over a year now and don't think I have hit up this thread once.

Hi.

Welcome to the SoCal Post. Now that your here, feel free to ask questions, give advice or just post whatever. We try to have meets from time to time.
In fact were working on one for April so check back soon.

VDOG 03-20-2013 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Changing the grille.

hopped up 03-21-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5959695)
Changing the grille.

What grille you gonna put on? Whats up with the stepide vdog
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 03-21-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopped up (Post 5961739)
What grille you gonna put on? Whats up with the stepide vdog
Posted via Mobile Device

I got a 69-70 grille from Randy towards the end of summer last year. The stepside, im trying to figure out which package I can get from CPP, that will have what I need for both trucks. I have 71-72 spindles for the black truck, but if I buy the frontend rebuild kit, with the tierods and ball joints, etc, then I still need the new lower spindles for the green truck, lowering block kit, and a cnotch for the green truck. Or if I get a spindle and disc kit, I can get six lug rotors and use them for the black one, and the spindles for the green one. and then still need the frontend rebuild kit for the black one. UGH!!!

I know, way too much thought going into this. LOL

69Rumbler 03-23-2013 11:23 AM

any one on here know how to fix transmission ? my truck slams when i put it in to Reverse and i have a few shops check it out and they are trying to get me for at $1200 bucks to fix it ... and all 3 shops that i went tell me different things are wrong with it

jbclassix 03-23-2013 11:56 AM

That's how much a new racing tranny costs! You could even do an OD swap for that!
Posted via Mobile Device

69Rumbler 03-23-2013 12:05 PM

Them People are Crooks man !!

jbclassix 03-23-2013 12:19 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...YL._SY300_.jpg

VWNate1 03-23-2013 08:50 PM

Re : Tranny Slamming

Silly question but : what's the idle speed ? .

Anything above 700 RPM is going to cause a rough engaugement .

If you need it , I know a decent tranny shop in Glendale .

ItsRandy 03-30-2013 08:15 PM

So...I've been looking around at weekly/monthly car meet-ups around So Cal and found there are a bunch of them all over the place. Anyone ever been to the Bob's Big Boy on Fridays in Burbank? It's supposed to be real good. There is a car meet somewhere every day/night of the week. You can go for donuts and coffee in the morning or for hamburgers and shakes at night. The C/10 guys need to get off of the couch and get out to the meet-ups. I'm game.

Oh...and by the way Vince, that bumper is still collecting dust and takin' up space in my garage.

Lee H 03-30-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5981244)
So...I've been looking around at weekly/monthly car meet-ups around So Cal and found there are a bunch of them all over the place. Anyone ever been to the Bob's Big Boy on Fridays in Burbank? It's supposed to be real good. There is a car meet somewhere every day/night of the week. You can go for donuts and coffee in the morning or for hamburgers and shakes at night. The C/10 guys need to get off of the couch and get out to the meet-ups. I'm game.

Oh...and by the way Vince, that bumper is still collecting dust and takin' up space in my garage.

I do those and many others on a regular bases. The best site to find stuff is SoCal car culture. Lots and lots going on all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

hopped up 03-30-2013 10:59 PM

Bobs is cool. I used to go all the time years ago. I know a couple of the valley guys go sometimes too
Posted via Mobile Device

VDOG 03-31-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRandy (Post 5981244)
The C/10 guys need to get off of the couch and get out to the meet-ups. I'm game.

I have to talk to Lee, but as far as I know were still on for the No Limit Meet in two weeks.

Randy I thought I was on my way today. My driveshaft center support bearing broke. Its always something.

hopped up 03-31-2013 12:08 AM

2 weeks!! Well good thing I got my truck running today!! I just need a new/used rear driveshaft . It's a 2 piece driveshaft. If anyone has an extra one
Posted via Mobile Device

Lee H 03-31-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 5981752)
I have to talk to Lee, but as far as I know were still on for the No Limit Meet in two weeks.

It's still tentative, Rob says he would love to host a GTG. I still need to confirm with Rob and work out any details. I'll post up here as soon as its confirmed.
Posted via Mobile Device

VWNate1 03-31-2013 11:39 AM

Re: Toluca Lake Bobs Big Boy

Yes it's fun but also very crowded so sometimes you have to park a block away .

There's always something neat to see there , be it a resto , survivor (my fav) or a Hot Rod .

Motos too ! :metal: .

VDOG 03-31-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee H (Post 5982155)
It's still tentative, Rob says he would love to host a GTG. I still need to confirm with Rob and work out any details. I'll post up here as soon as its confirmed.
Posted via Mobile Device

You know if it does not work out with Rob, then im all for going back to Legends if you guys want.