The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

72c20customcamper 01-04-2021 03:00 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
Only 4 more months of this crap . Hard to make out but its snowing again ,taken a few moments ago

Boog 01-04-2021 03:01 PM

Post card photolike right there. So far we've only seen flurries here thank goodness. I don't even own a snow shovel. ;)

special-K 01-04-2021 07:21 PM

I love how every year when a person in the four season climate talks about their cold weather and snow, someone from southern California takes the opportunity to boast about their mild climate. Yet... in the summer when wildfires are burning throughout their region you don't see people from the four season climate post pictures of their lush green bountiful environment (no irrigation required) with comments like, "That sure sucks. We never get those". In fact, we sympathize with them. Sorry if I'm being harsh. Just a bit annoyed by this... every winter. I like snow and I like warm weather. But I certainly don't like wildfires that destroy homes and everything in their path. My house has survived every snow storm since 1857, seven years after California became a state of the USA. And I have personally lived in it through two back to back, one day between, 36" then 30" storms amounting to 5'5" of snow. And I loved it :cool: .

72c20customcamper 01-04-2021 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8859023)
I love how every year when a person in the four season climate talks about their cold weather and snow, someone from southern California takes the opportunity to boast about their mild climate. Yet... in the summer when wildfires are burning throughout their region you don't see people from the four season climate post pictures of their lush green bountiful environment (no irrigation required) with comments like, "That sure sucks. We never get those". In fact, we sympathize with them. Sorry if I'm being harsh. Just a bit annoyed by this... every winter. I like snow and I like warm weather. But I certainly don't like wildfires that destroy homes and everything in their path. My house has survived every snow storm since 1857, seven years after California became a state of the USA. And I have personally lived in it through two back to back, one day between, 36" then 30" storms amounting to 5'5" of snow. And I loved it :cool: .

I wouldn't trade ,where else can ya go from 100° in August to 10 below in February. But the in between is great . September October and most of fall is my favorite

DeadheadNM 01-04-2021 08:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Was just in Orange County - the place was empty :)

DeadheadNM 01-04-2021 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It’s winter here at home.

best view 01-04-2021 08:37 PM

Wow u must be the only one left in ny

LONGHAIR 01-04-2021 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8858319)
I see people riding bikes with those monster tires, and I just think about how the moment of inertia is going to make it hard to speed up, and get up hills. Slowing down is easy, especially if one has disc brakes.

Believe it or not, it's really not that bad. The tread pattern makes a huge difference though. The funny thing is that you can be riding along on a paved path and steer off into the grass and it doesn't even slow down. There's a bit more resistance all the time, but the terrain doesn't affect it much.
I ride slicks on the road in the summer and heavy tread in the snow.
Mine is a Surly which is a steel frame, so it's not exactly light, but it is a lot of fun.

Killer Bee 01-04-2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8859047)

wish I would have known you were in town, my kids love playing in the tide pools at crystal cove!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3m5c8uqtonw...42559.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/izjusmgxa8f...42477.jpg?dl=0

special-K 01-04-2021 09:01 PM

I experience the same thing with 2.25s. That is what got me hooked back in '78 when I discovered the world of adult ATBs. Ride like a kid! I can't ride on dry sand like I could with those huge tires. That's the advantage I see, beach riding. Weight and rolling resistance, that's what gears are for

Steeveedee 01-04-2021 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 8859058)
Believe it or not, it's really not that bad. The tread pattern makes a huge difference though. The funny thing is that you can be riding along on a paved path and steer off into the grass and it doesn't even slow down. There's a bit more resistance all the time, but the terrain doesn't affect it much.
I ride slicks on the road in the summer and heavy tread in the snow.
Mine is a Surly which is a steel frame, so it's not exactly light, but it is a lot of fun.

That's one cool bike! I have an '06 Raleigh 24 speed with disc brakes. It's a hybrid- mountain bike frame with upright handlebars. I don't ride it much around here, after a couple of close calls and getting hit once, but fortunately without injuries. Plus, I had people yelling at me, "Get a job!" while riding around. :cuss: I also had some close calls with guys in raised up trucks trying to see how close they could get to me. Nothing like a mirror fanning my hair. There is a section of road where I only used the sidewalk because of them. I figured that my luck was pretty much used up at that point, and parked it.

special-K 01-05-2021 07:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My son trying out his mini drum set my brother put together and gave him

FleetsidePaul 01-05-2021 11:28 AM

My new mailbox post.

The neighbors are going to love me

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...dium/Zippy.jpg

DeadheadNM 01-05-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8859065)
wish I would have known you were in town, my kids love playing in the tide pools at crystal cove!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3m5c8uqtonw...42559.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/izjusmgxa8f...42477.jpg?dl=0

Great pics! Crystal Cove is nice. Someday I’d like to stay at one of those beach cottages there. My in-laws live in Irvine and we get there a couple of times a year. I’ll definitely let you know know ahead of the next visit. I’ll bring the cheese :)

72c20customcamper 01-05-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 8859053)
Wow u must be the only one left in ny

I wouldn't move . Where I live property taxes are low I'm in the Catskill mountain park . Income tax is a non issue also as I am permanently partially disabled. Disability pension

I would like a winter place in say Florida. Just a condo or townhouse I could use for the winter and do Airbnb for the rest of the year

72c20customcamper 01-05-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8859047)

That is freaky. Been on that highway on a motorcycle in 2017 or should I say that parking lot.

68bowtie 01-05-2021 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Laser leveling around the corner, they’ve got four of these rigs cruising...

Attachment 2071957

LockDoc 01-05-2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8859305)
My new mailbox post.

Probably won't last long unless you have it fastened down. I will be in someones living room or man cave..... Just sayin'

LockDoc

special-K 01-05-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8859305)
My new mailbox post.

That thing is disturbing me and I'm 3,000 miles away! :lol:

Sheepdip 01-05-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8859441)
Probably won't last long unless you have it fastened down. I will be in someones living room or man cave..... Just sayin'

LockDoc

I second that! In Kalifornia they steal anything and everything, because there are no consequences... all because daddy was never in their life or around to take them to a ballgame.

Steeveedee 01-05-2021 08:27 PM

I'm going to make a burro out of an old coal-fired smoker, which is made of sheet metal. If I put it in the front yard, it will have a couple of sacks of concrete (cured) inside to keep someone from taking it. Cast in place, of course.

LONGHAIR 01-05-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8859080)
Plus, I had people yelling at me, "Get a job!" while riding around. :cuss: I also had some close calls with guys in raised up trucks trying to see how close they could get to me. Nothing like a mirror fanning my hair. There is a section of road where I only used the sidewalk because of them. I figured that my luck was pretty much used up at that point, and parked it.

Oh, I hear ya. In the last 4 years I have ridden nearly 15k miles on the roads and greenway trails of central Ohio. I have been yelled at by hundreds of impatient people. I've been hit twice, crashed avoiding two others. Most of that came from commuting through Downtown.
I really don't understand why people don't get it? I do have a job, a truck, and a license to drive it. I'm riding this because I want to.

special-K 01-06-2021 06:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That's why I became a mountain bike rider and gave up on road bikes. My area is great for riding the road, though. Or better than most anyway. Ever since I have lived here there have been large to small groups as well as individuals riding it. The road branches off of Main St in my town 6 miles away. We've always had a great bike shop with a very enthusiastic seller. Clubs gather and head here from there to ride the roads beyond that only get better. Larry, the owner, also organizes non-club rides as well. I have a loop to ride from my house that includes 1/3 dirt road along a creek. It's one thing I have liked about living here. On weekends I used to put a water cooler out at the road with a sign marked "Cyclists" and Larry would the riders. But it got to where no one would stop for it so I stopped. It seems there was more trust in the world back then

My picture offering. A friend's rat GMC. He's like a kid all over again when it comes to this truck

LUV2XCLR8 01-06-2021 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8859050)
It’s winter here at home.

Nice, we average a foot/season here in West TN.

Almost forgot what that White stuff looked like,
praying it wasn't a lost plane load of Coke. :lol:

3757chevy 01-06-2021 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hmmm "random photos". well....I was looking thru pictures and found quite a few of those.;)