The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   off it goes (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=386569)

CHROMAHOLIC 05-07-2020 07:16 PM

Re: off it goes

2 Attachment(s)
outside getting some fresh air

ajgriffin 05-07-2020 07:36 PM

NICE! But I know you're holding out on us! You drove it out of the garage didn't you? Where's the video? We want to hear this thing chopping! :metal::metal::metal:

SCOTI 05-07-2020 08:03 PM

Great.... Now it's ruined. Sunlight, dust, & dirty tires. Happens every time.

legendman 05-08-2020 10:50 AM

Wicked, I probably shouldn't get close to it, I'd drown it in drool

trixter99 05-09-2020 12:51 AM

I like the license plate

CHROMAHOLIC 05-09-2020 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=ajgriffin;8734528]NICE! But I know you're holding out on us! You drove it out of the garage didn't you? Where's the video? We want to hear this thing chopping! :metal::metal::metal:[

my buddy had a video on his phone but it sucked, lol...there is air in the power steering and it was making a helluva noise, need to get all the air out of the system. I will get a good video once everything is set up properly...

CHROMAHOLIC 05-09-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legendman (Post 8734950)
Wicked, I probably shouldn't get close to it, I'd drown it in drool

lol, thanks

CHROMAHOLIC 05-09-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trixter99 (Post 8735514)
I like the license plate

thanks...I had a few in mind but when with that one

pwtr02ss 05-11-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHROMAHOLIC (Post 8730488)
thank you...I didn't want to stray too far from what makes us love these things, just a few subtle changes here and there

"Ah just a few little things here and there":lol:

Glad to see it under its own power. Congratulations on sticking it out. The truck is beautiful. It was my favorite C-10 before you bought it, and now its my double favorite. I'm glad you kept the original look and paint color(ish), just took it to a whole new level. I doubt I'll ever get to see the truck in person, but thank you for sharing your journey with us. I've enjoyed seeing it come together.

CHROMAHOLIC 05-11-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwtr02ss (Post 8736987)
"Ah just a few little things here and there":lol:

Glad to see it under its own power. Congratulations on sticking it out. The truck is beautiful. It was my favorite C-10 before you bought it, and now its my double favorite. I'm glad you kept the original look and paint color(ish), just took it to a whole new level. I doubt I'll ever get to see the truck in person, but thank you for sharing your journey with us. I've enjoyed seeing it come together.

thanks so much...never say never, hopefully when life gets back to somewhat normal for us all I can get to some shows in the US, I'm glad you and everyone that followed enjoyed growing old with me as I built the damn thing, lol

pwtr02ss 05-12-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHROMAHOLIC (Post 8737338)
thanks so much...never say never, hopefully when life gets back to somewhat normal for us all I can get to some shows in the US, I'm glad you and everyone that followed enjoyed growing old with me as I built the damn thing, lol

I would love to see it sometime. I'm ready for normal life as well. This virus has really screwed things up.

CHROMAHOLIC 05-16-2020 11:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
still have to change out the rubber intake tube connector for an all black one as soon as it arrives....

lolife99 05-16-2020 11:49 AM

I love this truck!
Do you ever wish you had chrome plated the bumpers?
I know they are highly modified.
Maybe plating them wasn’t even possible.

STOCKISH 05-18-2020 01:08 PM

The test drive video was awesome! Glad you were able to get it out! Great work!

CHROMAHOLIC 05-18-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 8740392)
I love this truck!
Do you ever wish you had chrome plated the bumpers?
I know they are highly modified.
Maybe plating them wasn’t even possible.

Thanks so much...No, from day 1 that’s was one of the things I liked about the truck was the painted bumpers, so chroming them never was in the plans. They are heavily modified so it would of been rough to do, they are narrowed side to side, they are tucked in, both ends were cut off and reworked to fit the body better, they were also smoothed with no bolt heads,

CHROMAHOLIC 05-18-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STOCKISH (Post 8741826)
The test drive video was awesome! Glad you were able to get it out! Great work!

Thanks man.... still some bugs and a few things to tweak but we’re getting there

SCOTI 05-18-2020 03:01 PM

The short test drive on IG looked promising. Congrats!

CHROMAHOLIC 05-20-2020 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 8741878)
The short test drive on IG looked promising. Congrats!

thanks, it ran spectacular and sounds amazing...

1stchevy 05-20-2020 09:29 PM

Your truck is a work of art. So many details you wouldn’t notice unless you know what you’re looking for or in my case followed along with the build thread haha.

daddyjeep 05-21-2020 09:10 AM

Why is there no video link here? :(

ajgriffin 05-21-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjeep (Post 8743610)
Why is there no video link here? :(

It's 2020...we're lucky he chooses to post anything here to be honest. Lots of folks posting to Instagram rather than the forum these days. Instagram is my only "social" media account because so many of the builds I was following here had the photos on Instagram first and eventually they stopped posting here period. Unfortunately for me, I'm taking a break from Instagram so I missed the video too :waah:

kipps 05-21-2020 06:49 PM

I'm sure you mentioned at some point, but I've forgotten -- Where's the battery hidden?

daddyjeep 05-22-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajgriffin (Post 8743853)
It's 2020...we're lucky he chooses to post anything here to be honest. Lots of folks posting to Instagram rather than the forum these days. Instagram is my only "social" media account because so many of the builds I was following here had the photos on Instagram first and eventually they stopped posting here period. Unfortunately for me, I'm taking a break from Instagram so I missed the video too :waah:

I don't understand the trend to move builds to social media vs forums. Forums are just a cleaner way to present the information. I do have an IG account that I look at once in a while.

rodstored-72 05-22-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddyjeep (Post 8744179)
I don't understand the trend to move builds to social media vs forums. Forums are just a cleaner way to present the information. I do have an IG account that I look at once in a while.

too true!.. I listen to "C10 talk" (podcast) and it is funny how he mentions background story lines as "back in the old forum days" (meaning this forum). i'm like: "whadda ya mean- old forum days" :lol: :lol:

I assume that the conversion is due to the convenience of FB and IG on your phone as opposed to having to "log on" to the internet... but I for one am an old hold out & going to stay true to the forum! :metal:

SCOTI 05-22-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodstored-72 (Post 8744235)
too true!.. I listen to "C10 talk" (podcast) and it is funny how he mentions background story lines as "back in the old forum days" (meaning this forum). i'm like: "whadda ya mean- old forum days" :lol: :lol:

I assume that the conversion is due to the convenience of FB and IG on your phone as opposed to having to "log on" to the internet... but I for one am an old hold out & going to stay true to the forum! :metal:

I push the same number of buttons to get to IG as I do this forum (and 2 others). IG does not capture the depth of things forums like this can. I asked a builder many people follow a question about the trailer fenders he uses for his dually set-ups. Instead of any type of answer, he 'liked' my post. Wow, that helped.

I'll admit, IG is wearing on me these days. I can't stand FB & the commonalities are more & more evident every day. I especially dislike the every 4th post advertisements constantly advertising some music/rap video.