The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   CRGRS 66 – Winter Build Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=546694)

McMurphy 12-09-2012 12:23 AM

Re: CRGRS 66 – Winter Build Thread

Congrats on the control arm!!
I try not to hesitate to send out stuff to guys who need it, if I have what they want and I am not going to use.
In return each one has sent me something I needed !!

Point is, gotta love this board and the great people that come here !!

Ta2Don 12-09-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 5748108)
Congrats on the control arm!!
I try not to hesitate to send out stuff to guys who need it, if I have what they want and I am not going to use.
In return each one has sent me something I needed !!

Point is, gotta love this board and the great people that come here !!

I Concur! I sent some mirrors off to a member in Texas and got a clutch pedal setup from a member in NC
Posted via Mobile Device

MARTYZ 12-09-2012 12:39 PM

What goes around comes around, that is what these forums are about, just a good bunch of guys with a common interest try help each other a little save time and money getting these old truck back on the road.

flips72 12-10-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYZ (Post 5748567)
What goes around comes around, that is what these forums are about, just a good bunch of guys with a common interest try help each other a little save time and money getting these old truck back on the road.

you said a mouthful:metal: glad you got your a arm craiger.

63sbssbbw 12-10-2012 11:36 PM

Good on ya Marty ,thats why I love this board.
For me
An fresh air box to PDXhall in Oregon
A pair of inner fender to cab mounts('63) to aerotruck in Quebec
steering wheel to Surrey BC.
Another fresh air box to Calgary(different board)
Just pay the shipping
I don't need anything.... YET..lol !
Like you said Marty "what goes around,comes around"
T

Bomp 12-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5715001)
Surprised I didn't see this at disassembly! JB Weld won't fix this, I will have to get a buddy to weld this up for me.

I have a stock pile of parts now that need to be sandblasted or glass bead blasted. I am going tohave to get my sandblast booth put together this weekend.

I have to ask. Were you able to get your sand blast cabinet put together?
I have mine (#47) on my thread and I don't know how I managed to go so long without it.

CRGRS 66 12-24-2012 10:59 AM

Thanks for checking in Bomp. The cabinet is... mostly together, but not completed. I have been far too busy with work, and coaching two hockey teams... Was looking forward to making some progress over the holidays, but I now have a case of shingles :waah:, talk about painful :censored: not sure what if anything I will feel up to doing this week

Bomp 12-24-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5775349)
Thanks for checking in Bomp. The cabinet is... mostly together, but not completed. I have been far too busy with work, and coaching two hockey teams... Was looking forward to making some progress over the holidays, but I now have a case of shingles :waah:, talk about painful :censored: not sure what if anything I will feel up to doing this week

Oh man, My Mother-in-law had the shingles for a bit. Don't wish that on anyone.
From the commercials if you've had chicken pox your susceptible. I've had chicken pox and now I'm scared.:eek:
Have a Merry Christmas and get better soon.

flips72 12-25-2012 08:51 PM

merry christmas and hope you get to feeling better soon.

MARTYZ 12-26-2012 12:22 PM

Merry Christmas to you and your family, sorry to hear your your under the weather , hope feeling better soon! Shingles are not nice any time but defenately not the way to spend your Christmas, All the best in the NEW YEAR !

CRGRS 66 12-28-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5776403)
Oh man, My Mother-in-law had the shingles for a bit. Don't wish that on anyone.
From the commercials if you've had chicken pox your susceptible. I've had chicken pox and now I'm scared.:eek:
Have a Merry Christmas and get better soon.

Thanks Bomp, same to you! Shingles are starting to clear up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5777620)
merry christmas and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks Flips, hope you had a nice one yourself!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTYZ (Post 5778396)
Merry Christmas to you and your family, sorry to hear your your under the weather , hope feeling better soon! Shingles are not nice any time but defenately not the way to spend your Christmas, All the best in the NEW YEAR !

Thanks Marty Zeeeee

I got the sandblast booth together and functional and have got some parts cleaned up. First part to go in of course was the control arm from Marty, will post some pics soon.

Cheers all, be safe at New Years!

jsdoyle 12-28-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5775349)
but I now have a case of shingles :waah:, talk about painful :censored: not sure what if anything I will feel up to doing this week

Man, I feel for you! I had them back in the summer down my left shoulder and left arm. I couldn't figure out what it was at first but the pain would not go away!

Ran it's course in about 2 months and I hope it doesn't come back!

Happy New Year!

Scott

Ta2Don 01-07-2013 09:32 PM

Hope u are feeling better, looking forward to progress reports... Enjoy 2013!!!

CRGRS 66 02-09-2013 02:41 PM

No real progress to report, a little sandblasting here and there, not much else. Have been busy with the hockey teams I am coaching, and had a week in the Cuban sun recently (beautiful country, and wonderful people). I am glad to report that the hockey teams are doing very well though. My sons travel team won a tournament last weekend, and we have 4 big games coming up in the next 4 days against rivals that have handed us our a$$e$ on plates in the past.

We just got 12" of snow in the last 24 hours, and dang it is cold. I don't think I am going to get much done until hockey slows down, and the weather warms up:waah:

jesseo 02-10-2013 10:08 AM

Nice bike I love these older BMW's

CRGRS 66 02-13-2013 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Currently working on my gauge cluster, gauges and speedo look good, did a general clean up, have a new outer bezel, and new lens, adding the factory style tach. Also working on getting paint on the suspension and brake goodies that are patiently awaiting installation.

MARTYZ, you joked about buying you a couple of Rums this summer when I get up that way for the control arm you sent down.... Well Mr., I was in Cuba last week, and thought of you my friend!!!! Hope the cigar keeps till then:ito:

Plan to make some more progress this weekend.

MARTYZ 02-13-2013 11:46 PM

Looking forward to it, wont belong and we will be polishing the old girls up and heading to cruise night, ground hog says early spring. Snowmobiling is getting more attention than truck right now!

CRGRS 66 02-16-2013 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Li'l update, have my instrument cluster restored, somewhat, mostly cleaned up. New Outer Bezel, tach, and window. Repainted the thin metal piece that goes between the window and the gauges. I think I am happy with it. Got som paint on the upper control arms, have the front frame sections pretty much ready for some paint. Working the DA with WW on the firewall. Might be ready to start putting some of the front end back together soon.

markeb01 02-16-2013 07:42 PM

Cluster looks great. Nice to make any progress during the winter months.

flips72 02-17-2013 06:08 PM

cluster looks awesome, glad to see ya back at it, hockey must have slowed down some?

CRGRS 66 02-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markeb01 (Post 5893042)
Cluster looks great. Nice to make any progress during the winter months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5894873)
cluster looks awesome, glad to see ya back at it, hockey must have slowed down some?

Thank you both, still busy with hockey, but the freezing temps and limited garage space are also factors. Should be warming a bit soon...

CRGRS 66 02-18-2013 02:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
question for the captain...

I have the CPP booster/MC unit, just want to make sure your booster bracket will work with my set up, pic of unit, and firewall below.

Ta2Don 02-18-2013 06:37 PM

Glad to see some progress Craigerr, my progress is halted due to a business location move. Can't wait to get back on mine. Gauge cluster is Awesome, keep up the great work.
Posted via Mobile Device

markeb01 02-18-2013 06:47 PM

I wonder if CPP sources those from Master Power Brakes. Yours looks just like the one I've had on my truck for a number of years, except I mounted the proportioning valve separately. That size booster makes the pedal pressure comfortable without making the brakes overly sensitive.

Captainfab 02-19-2013 12:07 AM

My booster bracket will basically bolt up to that booster. It is possible that you may have to elongate a couple of holes in the booster bracket, depending on the stud pattern on that booster. My booster bracket has a hole pattern of 3.375" x 3.50". Some boosters have that same pattern and some are 3.50" x 3.50". If you are going to run a column shift trans, that may be an issue depending on the exact diameter of that booster. That one 'appears' to be small enough to not be an issue with the column shift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 5896793)
question for the captain...

I have the CPP booster/MC unit, just want to make sure your booster bracket will work with my set up, pic of unit, and firewall below.