The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   copperhead video tapes (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=139313)

franky69c10 02-06-2008 05:26 AM

Re: copperhead video tapes

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 2563768)
I would like to be added to the list as well!

x2

TonyJohnson 02-06-2008 06:30 AM

Please put me on the list!

shifty 02-06-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelse68cal (Post 2563806)
Hey Shifty can you put me on yer list to For a copy.

I am only passing (my) final copy back to the original person - actually, I may just send off the rips I have and let him do the authoring, since I'm so strapped for time lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelse68cal (Post 2563806)
I think I may have found a solution to the Money problem. I used to be on a board where media was shared and the way they got around the cost was they simply would ask the person(S) Who wanted a copy to Mail them a Blank and then they would Mail them back the copy. This is just a suggestion. Also once one copy goes out the person who gets it can also make copy's if they got the correct software to do so ..... So it would just spread like a worm kinda.

This is a good idea, but they should also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope as well for the return trip :)

sparkplug553 02-06-2008 07:42 AM

oh man....bbbbooooiiiinnnngggggggg....copperhead videos on dvd?!?!?!?!:metal: id soooo like to be put on that list.....let me know if there is anything i can do to help make this happen.

WinDancer 02-06-2008 01:32 PM

I would like a copy on DVD if available. Would be happy to trade a new box of blank DVDs
Thanks

72BlckButy 02-06-2008 10:37 PM

:agree with WinDancer, would be willing to send a bundle of blank DVD+R's... if needed.

Joe67 02-06-2008 10:46 PM

I'm glad to see this thread still alive.

I'd like to purchase a DVD :D

tdave00 02-07-2008 12:26 AM

Send me a copy and I'll convert the files to Divx/Xvid. We can then distibute them easily over the internet via bittorrent. You can then play the files on your computer, or easily burn them to a DVD once you have the files. I would be happy to post a "how to", and I would happily host the bittorrent downloads. That's a heck of a lot easier than burning dvds and shipping them out to everyone.

Thoughts?

shifty 02-07-2008 12:34 AM

Yeah, I have some thoughts on that :D

DivX and XviD are shoddy formats which usually results in "kung fu movie audio delay" due to problems with perfectly syncing the separate audio and video after your converter separately encodes each layer, then joins them back together.

Currently everything I have is in MPEG2 format (@ ~350MB per movie), which is a lot cleaner, less lossy, no audio sync issues, but ... unfortunately, larger. I think it would be a disservice to convert these, personally. Being that it's SDTV already, to convert to an even lossier format than MPEG2 would take something that will already just look "OK" and result in something that looks "less than just OK". :)

cameeks 02-07-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe67 (Post 2564921)
I'm glad to see this thread still alive.

I'd like to purchase a DVD :D

Just remeber you are buying a blank DVD that just happens to have episodes of Trucks! on them to show the quality of the DVD. Dont want Stacy David getting mad :)

tdave00 02-07-2008 01:04 AM

@shifty

I don't know what type of divx/xvid files you have gotten a hold of before, but divx/xvid is a very good, and smaller, format. You do give up "some" video quality, but if done right it's not noticeable by most people - especially on sdtv's.
DirecTV now uses this format as a standard now for all their HDTV channels, so it must be pretty good.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-ente...ops-133461.php

I use divx/xvid files everyday, which is how I backup all my dvds. If I didn't think the quality was very near dvd quality I wouldn't waste my time converting them :). As far as the audio syncing is concerned that is the fault of the person doing the encoding. Someone who knows how to convert these files properly can handle the audio syncing very easily.

The video bitrate can be set high/low which obviously results in more/less quality, and the initial quality of the files will ultimately determine what type of quality the divx/xvid files will be.

All I am saying is let me get a hold of the files and I'll do the conversion and hosting. The files will then be readily available to everyone immediately, and if they don't think the video quality is good enough then they can contact whoever has the dvd and does the burning (although I don't think that will be the case). If someone else wants to burn the dvd's and mail them out then that's great.

Also, if each episode is only 350mb then they are small enough to send/receive over the internet using bittorrent. Heck, people share entire dvd's over bittorent. Is it one dvd or multiple dvd's?

Do you know how these files that are on the dvd were turned into digital files/mpeg2's? Were they recorded straight to pvr (digital) or copied using tv out to a capture card (analog to digital)?

Give me a shot with helping distribute these files and I think you'll be impressed.

Have a good one.

shifty 02-07-2008 02:20 AM

A couple of notes:

I use BitTorrent regularly and suggested this method in a previous post. I am very familiar with this technology, and particpated heavily in the past with at least one major ripping group whose stuff (DVD Screeners, etc) you will still find regularly on any of the given torrent sites.

On a personal note, I work for one of the largest conditional access providers in the world (primarily dealing with transmission of MPEG-2 via satellite/cable/terrestrial) and know MPEG standards and codecs like the back of my hand. I'll be the first to tell you that no matter what you use to re-encode a video into a lossy format like DivX/XviD/etc, if it exceeds 15-20 minutes, I don't care if you're Zeus, you're 99% likely to have audio sync issues and you're going to need to go back through and re-time everything. There are several methods for ripping using multiple apps, but rarely have I ever seen something come out perfect every time.

I'll be honest - the stuff is going out to someone else. If you end up getting a copy of the DVD(s?) and want to rip, then post an explanation of how to use BitTorrent for the users around here (good luck, very few tech savvy guys here, and a lot are still using dialup connections :)), then seed for everyone for a week or two .... more power to you :)

Meanwhile, nothing is compiled into DVD. I have ~8 videos @ either 300MB or 600MB (I forget), which could be crunched down ~30-40% in size with a good archiver. I have two DVDs worth of video from another forum member which need to have a couple of episodes ripped out to make the DVD. Outside of that ...

It's close, just not there yet.

PS - not trying to be a butthole, just sharing my opinion :)

oj70chevy 02-07-2008 02:26 AM

Shifty, if I can help you with cutting them up let me know, I use nero and have the time right now.

tdave00 02-07-2008 02:41 AM

Just trying to help everyone out and make these videos more accessible to everyone. If anyone wants to send me a DVD I'll be happy to get them into a downloadable format for everyone. Just send me a pm.

Video and audio quality won't be an issue.

Quote:

PS - not trying to be a butthole, just sharing my opinion
I completely agree that divx/xvid/mp4 is a lossy format and that you can have audio syncing issues. As I stated, if done right most people can never tell any difference.

zacut 02-07-2008 05:10 AM

Glad to see the thread is alive. I too would like to get a copy at some time. Lots of interest out there.

WinDancer 04-23-2008 03:13 AM

Where are we on this?
Any way I can help?
Thanks,
Dave

moneyguru 04-23-2008 03:51 AM

The project has ended.

I completed a 2 DVD set but was kindly informed by the management of
this website that I can not offer DVD's in any way shape or form here.

This I completely understand because technically it's a copyright violation.

Please know that I had inquired how to post the offering of the DVD's
and was very politely informed that due to copyright law I wasn't going
to be able to offer them.

So for now the project has ended.

Please do not PM me in regards to this.

70c10 04-23-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyguru (Post 2689445)
The project has ended.

I completed a 2 DVD set but was kindly informed by the management of
this website that I can not offer DVD's in any way shape or form here.

This I completely understand because technically it's a copyright violation.

Please know that I had inquired how to post the offering of the DVD's
and was very politely informed that due to copyright law I wasn't going
to be able to offer them.

So for now the project has ended.

Please do not PM me in regards to this.

That's a shame, I was looking forward to this.

petey-pablo 04-23-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70c10 (Post 2690106)
That's a shame, I was looking forward to this.

:agree: This would have been Awsome to have.

lks dcvn 04-23-2008 05:28 PM

sad to hear for sure...:(

Highsteel 04-23-2008 05:30 PM

Bummer :waah::waah: :sumo::sumo:

Already Gone 04-23-2008 05:34 PM

I'll bet Stacey David would love to sell DVD's of the Copperhead build but the producers of the show "Trucks " probably own the rights to the shows. They have ben showing reruns of Staceys shows on "trucks" lately.

Luvlegs 04-23-2008 07:29 PM

Well, before this post fades (and possibly those in the know read on)... I tried last night to burn from my Time Warner DVR recordings of the copperhead shows, into my DVD Burner (not the computer type, the one for recording "TV" programs) - I haven't been successful just yet. Originally used DVR+ - found out that was a no go. Tried to follow my brothers directions as he does it all the time with DVD-'s - no go... So, Question is, if anyone is familiar with the DVR "Record to VCR" set up, can I not use the video out (yellow/red/white) from the DVR box and feed into my DVD burner?

shifty 04-24-2008 07:03 AM

If you tell me what kind of DVR you have, I can possibly tell you how to get the data off of it.

Tivo has an application called TivoDesktop which is free and lets you grab shows off your Tivo if it is attached to your home network. You just install Tivo desktop onto your PC, connect the PC to the network with your DVR, and the rest is pretty simple.

VideoReDo is a program that will take those Tivo recordings, let you edit the commercials out, and literally burn directly to DVD. That software does cost money to use the burn-to-DVD feature, but seriously... it's worth the money to make this process as easy as clicking a couple buttons.

All of the shows I contributed to the project were done in this manner. The end result was a series of professionally-looking edited shows. :)

cameeks 04-24-2008 09:41 AM

Sux I have the new direct tv box that does not allow you to link up to it. Only way I know how to get stuff off of it is by analog