The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   n2billet's project 68 "Extreme Makeover" hot rod style (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=184474)

sdime98 01-23-2006 09:56 PM

Re: n2billet's project 68 "Extreme Makeover" hot rod style

wow that is coming along great man..looks awesome

n2billet 01-24-2006 12:09 AM

Pulled some more booth time tonight, I think I'm done for now on painting. I now have some parts to install! :lol:

N2TRUX 01-24-2006 12:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more parts get squirted in red. For starters, a starter...:)

ssx 01-24-2006 04:42 AM

XI. All For Sale posts shall have a price or prices, as well as your
location.
No bids or auctions allowed here!!! If you don't know the
price of what you are selling, then you should do some research. If a Moderator or Administrator here asks you to post price(s) and you have not within a 12 hour time frame, they will delete your thread, period.

XIV. As of October 15th 2005 subscribing members will be the only ones permitted to post for sale and want to buy ads on any classified section of this site. All other rules of buying and selling still apply. 67-72chevytrucks.com, its administrators or staff are not responsible for any transactions on or off the forums. We will work hard to ensure you a smooth transaction, and help in the event you may need it, but all for sale and trade areas are buyer beware. Any persons who have misrepresented an item, lie about an item, fail to deliver, or are in violation of any of the rules will forfeit there subscription fees and be banned from 67-72chevytrucks.com

The Forum staff would like to encourage you to become a subscribing member. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Subscribe Here!

bagged74 01-24-2006 09:12 AM

I think you would be crazy to sell that car, even for a 67-72 truck. but thats my $.02

CHYNSPR 01-24-2006 10:40 AM

Nice project. I am a new member, and following this thread closely. Those wheels look like Vintec's, what is the backspacing. They tuck nicely!

SCOTI 01-24-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHYNSPR
Nice project. I am a new member, and following this thread closely. Those wheels look like Vintec's, what is the backspacing. They tuck nicely!

That info is in the thread.....
Quote:

n2billet The wheels that are going on the 68 are 20x8.5 with 5.75 BS for the front
and 20x10 with 4.75 BS for the rear. I'm getting Vintec's Deep Dish Soft Lips.

CHYNSPR 01-24-2006 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI
That info is in the thread.....

Thanks, SCOTI, I missed that, appreciate the help.

72CSTC5 01-28-2006 03:01 PM

N2billet, I like your booth heater. Nothing like a trusty old Sata for painting. LOL! Just kidding. I know you didnt have that in there while you were spraying right?! Project is looking incredible. When you are ready to sell it, let me know. I am going to try to finish the 2wd Blazer this year some how some way. Keep the pics coming for motivation.

n2billet 01-28-2006 08:33 PM

Made a little progress this weekend. I got all the brackets for the PS on for a trial fit. I got the starter back on and wired, while I was at it I went ahead and cleaned up some of the wiring now that I lost a few things. :lol:

I mocked up the intake with carb (borrowed from japoly2go) mine's out getting plated. I'm going to make a new base for the air cleaner so I can get it as low as possible.

I now have the all the trans lines and linkage hooked up. (it's real easy to take apart but a pain to put back together, at least for me)

I maded some hoses for the radiator, I now need to body work and paint those.

Got enough of the wiring done so I could get the air ride powered back up and now I can move the truck without being on skates.

I now need to get working on making the exhaust so I can get it out to be plated.

I think that's it for this weekend.... let me know what you think of it so far.

phantom dually 01-28-2006 08:48 PM

Looks great!!!

72CSTC5 01-29-2006 12:49 AM

Damn, that has to be the best looking straight six I have ever seen. That thing is looking gorgeous. Cant wait to see the finished product. What did you make your radiator hoses out of?

n2billet 01-29-2006 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72CSTC5
Damn, that has to be the best looking straight six I have ever seen. That thing is looking gorgeous. Cant wait to see the finished product. What did you make your radiator hoses out of?

Thanks for the compliments. The radiator hoses are Mandrel bent exhaust tubing that I cut and welded together.

SCOTI 01-29-2006 02:16 AM

Looking better.... progress is good. I wanted to make it by today but I pulled an all-nighter @ work & was a little beat. Maybe Monday night?

gregfull 01-30-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet
....I now need to get working on making the exhaust so I can get it out to be plated.

n2, when you say exhaust, you talkin header or exhaust pipes? Also what kind of plating, Jet Hot??

n2billet 01-30-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregfull
n2, when you say exhaust, you talkin header or exhaust pipes? Also what kind of plating, Jet Hot??

Both, it's the same material. I order the 90 degree bends from Headers by Ed and then I just cut and weld the pieces. We also make our our headers this way.

The coating is like Jet-Hot but it's a local guy that has his own formula and it looks a lot better than Jet Hot or HPC coating. IMO

71chevytruckguy 01-31-2006 09:08 PM

dang. that looks awesome. really like the paint job on the motor. keep up the good work. chris.

sixty8c10 01-31-2006 10:58 PM

nice

Pete6960 02-04-2006 01:34 AM

It's Lookin Real Good Bro!!! Good Job And Keep Up The Clean Work.....

n2billet 02-04-2006 11:14 PM

The day job has slowed progress down on the 68 but I did get some stuff done today. I didn't take any pictures because I'm sure ya'll are getting tired of lookin at the same old crap I keep putting up. Anyway, I got the base done on the air cleaner, ran a few more wires, figured out what I need to get the p/s lines made, hooked up the drive shaft and ordered all the mandrel bends so I could make my exhaust. Once the exhaust is done and coated I should be real close to hitting the road to see what falls off :lol:

I've decided that I will make a few changes to the interior since the truck will be down for a little while waiting on the carb and exhaust coating. I'm thinking a funky retro look....... Yes Ken, I'll take some pictures as this develops :) Promise...

N2TRUX 02-04-2006 11:24 PM

WHAT? No pics of the driveshaft install...;) Did you paint it?

n2billet 02-04-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX
WHAT? No pics of the driveshaft install...;) Did you paint it?

Yes, I painted it.....what have I not painted? :lol:

N2TRUX 02-04-2006 11:55 PM

Good work, but I need pics to verify...:)

SCOTI 02-05-2006 01:14 AM

I liked it. Those back tires looked 'tits' all stuffed in the wells.

72CSTC5 02-05-2006 02:43 AM

We dont care if you show pics of the fender bolts stuffed in cardboard and painted. We love the pics, keep them coming.