The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   truck i bought off "junkyardjohn" almost done (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=232108)

chevy_632 10-11-2007 10:21 AM

Re: truck i bought off "junkyardjohn" almost done

CHYNSPR sounds good will go for a beer and a ride.yupp should be building the arms still,dont have time right now but gonna build a few sets all at once soon here, see how they turn out and see if anyone is interested.also gonna try my first crack at building a billet gauge cluster and glove box door.rob

68c-10 10-11-2007 10:44 AM

Beatiful truck, I am also 22 and I which my projects looked as nice as yours! I love the stance and the theme of the truck.

Yukon Jack 10-11-2007 11:55 AM

Beautiful truck! That engine looks incredible!!!

CHYNSPR 10-12-2007 09:47 AM

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing the arms as well as the gauge cluster and door.

Larry

70cst 10-12-2007 09:51 AM

Hey chevy_632 ...
You have made a CLASSIC an ULTRA CLASSIC...:cong: Very nice job.

chevy_632 10-16-2007 08:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics of the fuel cell my bro and i desigined and fabbed up its a 28 gallon cell fits up tight to the bed floor,there is no sending unit in it yet. will finish it tonight and snap some pics of it installed.the welds turned out amazing tho,if anyone is interested could build some more in our spare time now that i have the measurments at probably a lot less then other aftermarket ones...enjoy rob

CHYNSPR 10-17-2007 11:40 PM

Beautiful!

72BLKCHEYENNE 11-03-2007 11:02 AM

My god you must be BATMAN...... your truck is Beautiful, will you put the bottom stainless on the truck or are you leaving it clean? Did you ever put a price on the tank? Those welds are incredible. Nice Nice Nice :cool:

ridin98ci 11-03-2007 11:13 AM

Re: truck i baught off "junkyardjohn" almost done

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_632 (Post 2081728)
ask and you shall resieve, here's a few not many people have seen.......rob

Ok me being a true blue MOPAR guy who inherited a chevy, I will trade a 69 3/4t for that nasty ugly slow worthless Challenger....I mean it aint worth nothing to a Chevy guy....right:nut:

On the black truck....THAT F-N ROCKS!!!!!!:metal:

Great Job

Let me know about the trade....I will handle the shipping costs:lol:

franky69c10 02-02-2008 05:18 AM

just want 2 know if this truck is done by now.......... looks soooo sick

chevy_632 02-04-2008 02:56 AM

pretty much done a couple more things to wire and finish the exhaust now that its all coated and what not..i know it should be done by now but i have been busy..and take in mind we have a foot of snow where i live and -20 so its been sittin inside and hasnt turned a wheel and wont for a few months yet hahah...rob

AuggieStyle 02-04-2008 03:00 AM

WOW thats all i could get to come out that is one beautiful truck

HotGMC 02-04-2008 04:18 AM

you have 2 split windows.. Damn

hp1967c10 02-18-2008 10:04 AM

Well done! I would love to know your suspension set up and confirm the front and rear wheel size with offsets.

Thanks
Hall

franky69c10 02-18-2008 10:55 AM

MORE PICS http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...zm/THUMBUP.gif

tdave00 02-18-2008 02:16 PM

Still waiting on the hidden ignition pictures.

Beautiful truck. You might have a future in this :).

renegade8720 02-18-2008 02:20 PM

Very Nice!

Renegade

nuke1 02-18-2008 09:58 PM

love the truck rob, had i know i could have stopped in last year when i was through, oh well there is always this year. later

custom72c20 02-19-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy_632 (Post 2406390)
Here's a couple pics of the fuel cell my bro and i desigined and fabbed up its a 28 gallon cell fits up tight to the bed floor,there is no sending unit in it yet. will finish it tonight and snap some pics of it installed.the welds turned out amazing tho,if anyone is interested could build some more in our spare time now that i have the measurments at probably a lot less then other aftermarket ones...enjoy rob

How much would you charge for one? And could you make it come up in the back a little. Thanks

Arad68 02-19-2008 12:35 PM

I'd be interested in one of those fuel cells as well.

chevy_632 02-21-2008 03:25 AM

Hey guys been busy havnt been on the site or checked the msgs for a while sorry..i can deffinatly build some more fuel cells, pm me and let me know how you want it and there ya go..as for price with not taking hours or anything i have a couple hundred bucks into it, completly done tho straps, sending unit,gas cap etc took a day start to finish mounted aswell.can be any color was going to anodise mine black can paint or powder coat to.if anyone is interested just pm me dont want to bend any rules on the board..not here to make a killing but if ya need a nice fuel cell sure...as for the ignition i totally forgot about showin some pics its pretty basic i shaved the dash so it sits on a billet hinge underneath and swings down when ya wanna fire it. kinda like a bracket for sterring colums in rods etc if you can picture it.makes for a clean look when sittin parked thats all.i will have to get some picks on here again..i mounted all the air ride and rad wiring its all done now except for exhaust being on and driveshaft and guages so il shoot for this week for the pics,maybe a video of the fire up to, take care rob...

CHYNSPR 02-21-2008 10:42 PM

Definitely interested in a fuel cell, as well as the trailing arms if you are still considering those, Just shortened my frame last weekend so starting the rebuild now.

Will let you know when I will be up your way for some golf this year, still would like to get together and see your truck.

Thanks

Larry

72LoBurb 02-22-2008 12:42 AM

I, too, will be in Kelowna this summer, and hopefully wheelin' my '72 'burb, if I can afford a new motor before then.
We'll have to hook up, 'cause I NEED to see that beast in person.

Any info on your rear control arms, yet? I may be interested, especially if you are making them for easy set up on air ride.

Check your PM's

lowrollin70gmc 02-22-2008 02:38 AM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1192064187

Nice toolbox, but who's Taurus is behind it? Or the F-150?

I demand the truth, you can not have a cool chevy truck and drive a Taurus. I'll give you my address to transfer custody of your pickup.

chevy_632 02-22-2008 03:35 AM

haha customers cars was at our automotive shop for that picture...i have 5 chevys not a single ford come on who do you think i am hahaha....