The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   All these lowered trucks ?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=342597)

greygoose 05-08-2009 08:04 PM

Re: All these lowered trucks ??

Some of you guys sound just like our parents did as we were growing up..lol But I will admit that there is a difference between tastefulness and just plain overboard..lol How much is too much? Me..well I'm from the old school now..I guess...lol Where everything had to have 30's and vouges..(meaning 30 spokes cragars rims)

brad_man_72 05-09-2009 10:00 AM

i think theirs a ton of things to do to a truck thats worse than lowering one.
easy to go back to stock, not that anybody knows, its never been done.
makes the vehicle corner and stop better. i think they look better to.

Gray Ghost 05-09-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrein3 (Post 3296352)
I am saying I don't like it.
IMO, I think lowered trucks look ridiculous. Again that is my opinion.
I will state that if you are going to lower a truck, a 67-72 Chevy, short wheel base, fleetside looks the best of all the lowered trucks out there.
I've seen the 73+ trucks 'in the weeds' and have to reach for the barf bag.
Then you see a 88+, extended cab and I can't reach fast enough so I have to hose the barf out from under my truck seat.
Then you see an S10 and I just laugh at the money spent to make such an ugly stance on an ugly vehicle.

But to each his own.

Yeah, never was much of a fad follower myself.

Too low [past 2/4] doesn't look good....the proportion is lost and in the weeds....well that just ain't right for a truck. Seen the 1-ton duallys lowered yet? That'll surely drive you as nuts as it does me.

jbristo67 05-09-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer57 (Post 3300329)
:bsf:

Didnt mean to offend I am just a wide body guy. My first truck was an S10 and I hated it.

Andy4639 05-09-2009 05:51 PM

Trucks that sit at factory ride height or lowered, slamed laying frame whatever you want to call it is personal taste. A 4x4 that is sitting 30" off the tires looks out of place to me. My opinion. ;):smoke:

Just a note on the corvettes. I don't remember anybody that I know of that cut there 63 to make it into a 64. I have owned 3 vett's myself and ran with that corwd for awhile and never ran across one that I know of.
If that was done the car itself was ruined as far as value weather they put it back or not. Once done the car value is gone.
:chevy:

drivethechevy 05-09-2009 06:50 PM

i think that if done tastefully any hight can look good
i have a 68 k10 with a 4 inch lift, and i have a 71 k10 that is stock heightwith the exception of 31's,
once my 68 k10 is done i will begin work on my 69 that will sit about 4 inches from the pavement when finished, and i also have a a stock 68 c20 that is just a beater and i think they all look great and the heights i have them
but im not into the extremes, like 30's on a donked out 2 whee drive, or hydraulics that can shoot you and your 14" daytons to the moon, and those are just a few of the more frequent mods that youll see runnin around that really stick out as untastfull, but in the end its all just personal preference and if someone puts the work into any vehicle to make it unique they deserve respect for doing it weather or not its to my liking

Shane 05-09-2009 10:01 PM

who gives a flip what other folks think ...

jbristo67 05-09-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 3302014)
who gives a flip what other folks think ...

Thank You

Painter D 05-09-2009 10:23 PM

Die Donks, Die!

thump16 05-09-2009 11:36 PM

We buy, customize, horde, scavenge parts, trade, sell and sometimes switch up the year of our trucks to suit our desires. Opinions are okay but if you didn't pay for another man or womans truck, then you should keep your negative comments to yourselves. This thread is an open invitation to poke fun at what others have worked so hard to build or envision one day for themselves.
There are at least 20 to 30 trucks on each model specific forum of this site that I drool over or would love to have as a dream vehicle. Lowered, rat rod, donk, or total rust bucket. They should all be appreciated and their owners should be praised for their efforts in holding onto a piece of history.
I personally hang out with the donk riders, the rat rod guys, the hardcore 4 wheeling gear heads, the stock owners, the ground scrapers, ford, dodge,import guys as well as being the former president of a huge sport bike club.
The coolest thing about hanging out with all the different variety of truck and car owners is that they all taught me a thing or two when it came to fixing up my truck and I didn't judge them for what they drove. It is an awesome feeling to see a person take pride in what they own and that includes the donk riders because they envisioned what they want and to them, that is their dream vehicle.
So how about ending this thread and going back to doing what we do best. Building and maintaining some awesome rides and most important...bugging the crap outta each other with truck questions.
;)

Sledge

Acloud 05-10-2009 11:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
lowered trucks............. punks!!!!!!! you just cant trust em. :b69:

leddzepp 05-10-2009 11:41 AM

My SWB is lowered 2.5" in the front with dropped spindles, and 2" out back with blocks. That way it is lowered, but keeps the factory proportions.

bobbo 05-10-2009 12:02 PM

As it has already been said, everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences. I love EVERY truck on this board! The time and money that is put into them all, whether a six month build or six year build, is beautiful! Not everyone is going to like what each individual is doing, but, again as already said, are you footing the bill? :) Everyone keep up the fine work on your projects and customize or don't, drive it as it is or make a show truck. Just get them done so we can see! :)

Ford Assassin 05-10-2009 01:14 PM

Mine is bagged all the way around, so 'if' I get tired of the lowered stance (I can't see that happening...) I can put it back to stock height (or higher) anytime I feel like it.

naughty240 05-10-2009 01:25 PM

Funny... I feel the same way when I see anything at stock height. Low is a way of life. Hoping to get my car and truck on the ground soon.

Arad68 05-10-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acloud (Post 3302609)
lowered trucks............. punks!!!!!!! you just cant trust em. :b69:

Nice truck dude!!! Looks like you are workin' hard and got skills!! Got any more pics?

c10addict 05-11-2009 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
;)

big_al_71 05-11-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c10addict (Post 3303846)
;)

Vida Guerra is so freaking fine her body makes up for her butterface.....

lax54650 05-11-2009 10:24 AM

years ago a local racer took a 72 4wd and lowered it to look like a 2-4 drop on a 2wd. you had to really look to know it was a 4x4 was the best looking 72 i had ever seen. he also bought a brand new 87 s-10 and put in a 383 5 spd and ford 9 inch rear. coil overs all around. was his shop truck. hell of a nice guy great fabricator!

beautimus 05-11-2009 12:16 PM

Since this thread seems to be about personal preference and not bashing our differences, i'll give my 2 cents worth.
Me, i gotta go with what seems sensible, to me
i want to use my trucks so i don't want to lower it . In fact if i go to look at a truck to purchase it, i'll pass up a lowered one without a second look.
I don't want a 4 wheel drive because it ain't practical for me. And yes i will modify my trucks but it will be with the aim that it can be returned to stock in a weekend. The notion that its your truck cut it up any way you want makes me cringe. after the current generation dies off, which trucks will be viewed as having the most potential? the stockers every time.
remember the old lead sleds of the fifties, louvered hoods, slammed to the ground, modified grills from other cars, frenched headlights, and sunken antennas. today, there a curiosity, but not sought after. Thats where the slammed trucks are gonna be, in 20 years. and those frames that a lot of folks have put so much work into to have them z'ed. well, somebodys gonna have to find a new frame to fix them.
Ive seen several older rides, 30's stuff that have had frames cut up and grafted together with later front halves, because the builder wouldn't go to the trouble of adapting suspension parts properly, i have walked away from those too.
what about the 30's roadsters that had the frame rails bobbed so that the body could be channeled over the frames. back in the eightys, people were buying stamped frame horns and welding that metal back in to put their frames back to stock. So my opinion is to look down the road alittle and think how cool will it be then.

Bishops Trucks 05-11-2009 12:25 PM

We are all not supposed to like the same things. I'm building a long bed lowered on bags (for the handling) with swaybars, 427 talldeck, M22 4-speed and I have had more people that like it than dislike it. To each his own, thats what gives us variety to look at.

brad_man_72 05-11-2009 01:22 PM

i lowered my truck to make it MORE usefull, easier to load stuff in the bed (especially lawnmower or atv) i dont need some flimsey drop hitch to tow my boat, and it handles much better (since i like windy roads). i love the way it looks to but thats just an opinion.

see ten 05-11-2009 01:26 PM

It all boils down to this...

Nobody is capable of predicting the future...

I've scrapped trucks that were nicer then some of the guys on this board have used for the starting points of their projects. Why? Because we couldn't find anyone that wanted em! It was easier to give them away to the junkman so that he could sell em by the pound then it was to find someone that thought they were worth saving. What does that have to do with this?? Well, I'd rather of gave them to someone who was going to hack em up in to pavement scraping lowriders or lifted up tree bashing mud monsters instead of sending them to be recycled.

If the only way that someone can talk themselves in to building an old truck or car is that it just "must" have a highly modified suspension... Let em have at it! I'd rather see em so low that they throw sparks or so high that you need a ladder to enter em then to see em going across the scales!

dieselarmy13 05-11-2009 01:37 PM

Mine wasn't useless enough.
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC03557.jpg
Had to take it down a little more in the rear this past weekend-:puke:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/s...2/DSC03558.jpg

He he. I said 'in the rear'

special-K 05-11-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluTrukker (Post 3300062)
Maybe I am a little slow.......what does DONK mean? Is it donk magazine?

Actually,you`re not slow,you`re too smart.You see,Donk started off as these folk`s is name for an Impala.These urban types believe the impala is the same type animal as a donkey.I guess a deer or antelope are donkeys too.Pretty confused bunch.They also think a vehicle is for standing around rather than drive.:lol:
I say start the next trend in donkland with wheels of different geometric shapes,like octagons and triangles...maybe trapezoids?:lol:
Or,why not widen the axles while they`re at it and come out with senny foes or 82s?The car can be lowered with the wheels to the outside of the body,like a Mississippi river steamboat.