The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   My Crewcab Shortbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=410662)

Stitch 07-09-2010 11:52 PM

Re: My Crewcab Shortbed

You gonna come down here in a couple of weeks to my house maybe? That would be cool. Then you could see the crew in person. In a couple of weeks I should have the inside of the doors painted and the interior pretty much buttoned up

STOCKISH 07-10-2010 02:21 PM

Yeah but then I will want a crew cab even worse.

Stitch 07-10-2010 02:29 PM

Laura said she'll sell it for $10K. :lol::lol::lol:

RandyP 07-10-2010 03:03 PM

10,000 pesos is a helluva buy. Jump on it! :lol:

Stitch 07-10-2010 03:22 PM

Evidently my fingerprints are worth more to my wife than they are to me LMAO

Stitch 07-10-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyP (Post 4082386)
10,000 pesos is a helluva buy. Jump on it! :lol:

Just looked that up and the cab isn't even worth that now lol

RandyP 07-10-2010 04:45 PM

10k pesos is about 800 bucks or so. So yeah. ;)

STOCKISH 07-10-2010 08:28 PM

10K huh, I will have to pass. Maybe later though.

Stitch 07-10-2010 09:18 PM

Yeah I don't think she wants to get rid of it now that somethings getting done to it. Even if someone wanted to spend that on it which I doubt, she'd still probably say no. She's really excited to get it back together now that it's got paint and she can start to imagine what it's gonna look like.

old Rusty C10 07-11-2010 02:44 PM

looks great Chuck. just one thing I noticed.. inside the cab you didnt do the kick panels in the red and even with the full covers you will see some of the white interior color, you may have to hit that again

Stitch 07-11-2010 03:35 PM

Hey Bob, I appreciate the notice of details like that. I debated on whether I wanted to paint the whole cab inside red or not, but I decided not to. I thought about it and any little sliver of red paint here or there was going to distract from the over all flow of the interior. So I decided the only thing I'm going to paint red is the dash. Everything else will either be covered in tan vinyl or dyed tan to match the vinyl. Like the little bit of metal that you'll see between the kickpanel and the carpet or the dash will either have a piece of vinyl there or be dyed to fever the gap. I just thought long and hard about it and I think the red is going to clash too much with the tan interior if it peeks through anywhere in the cracks. Once again thanks for bringing it up though.

Stitch 07-11-2010 04:07 PM

Well fellas, plans have changed a little. Instead of putting the 305/th350 combo in the truck that I have sitting in the garage, I'm gonna yank the 6.2/700r4 combo out of my blue and white truck and using it instead. I'm also gonna be putting the 305/th350 into my blue and white truck and putting it up for sale. It's just not feasible to be doing a frame off right now. And I don't need two trucks because we've decided to buy my wife a 4 door car instead of her driving the crewcab. So we'll be selling the blue and white truck and I'll be driving the crewcab

joe231 07-11-2010 04:59 PM

Right on Chuck!
Sounds like a plan!

Stitch 07-11-2010 05:07 PM

Thanks Joe. Also another thing that alot of people on here don't know about is that I have a complete turbo system for the 6.2 that I was going to put on my blue and white truck once the crewcab was done. Now I'll be putting the turbo on the 6.2 when I swap it into the crewcab :D

Dieselwrencher 07-12-2010 03:20 PM

Good luck with the turbo'd 6.2. Drive it nice and keep the boost down on it.

87 chevy silverado 07-12-2010 03:33 PM

i got the tail light harness for u an those tabs for u.

Stitch 07-12-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 4085414)
Good luck with the turbo'd 6.2. Drive it nice and keep the boost down on it.

Hopefully if I keep the boost below 10 psi it'll sta together. I will baby it some. I'll definitely be hooking up a boost gauge and pyrometer. Since I'm gonna be pulling the motor out do you think I should do anything while I have easy access like a stud girdle. I'm gonna be doing the rear main seal and the oil cooler lines because all of that is seeping

Stitch 07-12-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87 chevy silverado (Post 4085436)
i got the tail light harness for u an those tabs for u.

That's awesome. I'll call you to figure out when I can get them. Thanks alot man. Maybe I'll come get them this weekend and will hit up the PAP again

p_rubottom 07-12-2010 04:17 PM

I cant beleive how good the paint looks man! shade tree painter lol. keep up the good work :metal:

Stitch 07-12-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks man. I'm telling you I don't believe it either. There is very very minimal trash in the paint and the one run. But I can't take all of the credit. I did the body work and the prep and I had a buddy of mine spray it. But it was sprayed right where it sits undress the trees lol

87 chevy silverado 07-12-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4085461)
That's awesome. I'll call you to figure out when I can get them. Thanks alot man. Maybe I'll come get them this weekend and will hit up the PAP again

if u need any thing eles let me know. i will see what i can do.

Stitch 07-12-2010 07:28 PM

You down for going to the PAP this weekend?

Stitch 07-12-2010 07:41 PM

So I got some packages on my doorstep today. I bought a turbo setup and serpentine belt setup from a member here. These pictures in NO NO way have any reflection on the member. The packages were packaged very well. I had to take a knife to cut the tap off in order to get them open the rest of the way. In these boxes was the serpentine belt setup. When the postman dropped these off, my wife was like WTF? And his response was 'I think everything is fine inside'. I HATE the post office. They have done this to me before but I was shipping not recieving. Once again I'll repeat that everything was packaged very well. This is ALL the post office's fault. That's two boxes btw. They're so destroyed they look like one. I opened the boxes and everything looks ok. I won't know until I mount it all up. But it's still just unacceptable on the post office's part.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...e/0b669e2f.jpg

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...e/37500096.jpg

Dieselwrencher 07-12-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Hoe (Post 4085460)
Hopefully if I keep the boost below 10 psi it'll sta together. I will baby it some. I'll definitely be hooking up a boost gauge and pyrometer. Since I'm gonna be pulling the motor out do you think I should do anything while I have easy access like a stud girdle. I'm gonna be doing the rear main seal and the oil cooler lines because all of that is seeping

You've got the right idea. It should run a long time with that kind of boost. I would do the rear main at minimum. If you have the spare cash for the girdle, I'd do it as well. I surely like the 6.2's and early non electronic 6.5's. Those electronic 6.5's can be a real PITA! :lol:

Stitch 07-12-2010 09:34 PM

Do you know who makes a stud girdle? I know I've seen it somewhere but I can't think of it right now.