The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My 61 Build (Grandfathers truck clone) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=471388)

LostMy65 09-05-2011 04:44 PM

Re: My 61 Build (Grandfathers truck clone)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowtruk (Post 4883189)
You'll get to watch me build it. I'll be picking it up Sunday, putting the 65 on the back burner. Then maybe I'll sell it back to him :metal:

What a great solution! :D

CVA59 09-06-2011 08:17 PM

Thanks for concern men. I am happy with the price and i am glad it is going to a new owner that will build it. It is not so much the money for my dad's build as it is we need the space. I can always get another truck. He is in his senior years now and by our family history, very few men live to see their 70's. Dad is pushing 70 right now and i want him to have all the time he needs to enjoy this last build of his before he is gone.

Yes, i went thru h_ll and back to get the trim pieces and grill. That taught me a huge lesson on a few things so that wasn't all for nothing. It was a very good learning experience for me. Slowtrk is a real nice guy and i feel good about him taking it over and finishing it up. Fortunately i can still find a few decent trucks around and i am sure i will find one when the time comes for me again. I will stay active on here and keep you guys up on dad's build as we move along on it.

Zack

LostMy65 09-06-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CVA59 (Post 4885379)
Thanks for concern men. I am happy with the price and i am glad it is going to a new owner that will build it. It is not so much the money for my dad's build as it is we need the space. I can always get another truck. He is in his senior years now and by our family history, very few men live to see their 70's. Dad is pushing 70 right now and i want him to have all the time he needs to enjoy this last build of his before he is gone.

Yes, i went thru h_ll and back to get the trim pieces and grill. That taught me a huge lesson on a few things so that wasn't all for nothing. It was a very good learning experience for me. Slowtrk is a real nice guy and i feel good about him taking it over and finishing it up. Fortunately i can still find a few decent trucks around and i am sure i will find one when the time comes for me again. I will stay active on here and keep you guys up on dad's build as we move along on it.

Zack

Good for you.
You are a great son.
Posted via Mobile Device

chad64chevy 09-06-2011 08:51 PM

zack- i think thats very cool of you to do for your dad! im gonna be 30 this month and my dad is 59 even though he's not my real dad he has been there since i was 1! i learned everything about cars and trucks from my uncles and on my own! and my project truck i have is something that we work on and learn on together! he tells me the only thing he wants is to be able to get a ride in it when its done, i told him theres only 4 people that will ever drive my truck and he is one of them!! you will diff. find another truck when the time comes, hell all you got to do is say something on this site and you'll get a response quickly, lol! good luck with your dads truck and remember we all love pictures!!

CVA59 09-07-2011 10:02 AM

Thanks guys. It is very important to me so see him finish and have time to enjoy his truck. He and i both love old vehicles. I am sure it will all workout real good, he might even let me drive it once or twice when its done, LOL.

LostMy65 09-08-2011 04:33 PM

Perhaps this will give you a smile:

Terry Fields: Pardon me, sir, but I lost my I.D. in... in a flood and I'd like to get some Old Harper, hard stuff. Would you mind buying a bottle for me?

Bum at Liquor Store: Why certainly! I lost my wife, too - her name wasn't Idy, though, and it wasn't in a flood.

CVA59 09-09-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 4888793)
Perhaps this will give you a smile:

Terry Fields: Pardon me, sir, but I lost my I.D. in... in a flood and I'd like to get some Old Harper, hard stuff. Would you mind buying a bottle for me?

Bum at Liquor Store: Why certainly! I lost my wife, too - her name wasn't Idy, though, and it wasn't in a flood.

You bet it does. That is my all time favorite movie.:metal:

Slowtruk 09-24-2011 07:01 PM

Heres the new build thread people

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485016

LostMy65 09-24-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowtruk (Post 4917434)

Thanks

likaroc13 09-28-2011 10:17 PM

hate to hear you sold the truck, but i totally understand & admire your reasoning....i subscribed to see Slowtruk continue the build...have fun finishing your dad's build, & no doubt something else will come your way when the time is right

CVA59 09-29-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 4925537)
hate to hear you sold the truck, but i totally understand & admire your reasoning....i subscribed to see Slowtruk continue the build...have fun finishing your dad's build, & no doubt something else will come your way when the time is right

Thanks bud. We are making some headway on dad's already so hopefully he will be driving before too much longer.