The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Forest's rebuild thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=625059)

forestb 11-06-2016 07:55 PM

Re: Forest's rebuild thread

I installed door seals from Painless and they are awesome. They clip on and have an adhesive that is already applied in the groove. I am currently waiting for the first coat of varnish to dry on my bed wood. I got a new set of belt line window fuzzies from brothers and they are horrible. The truck is fully drivable and I am enjoying it.

There are so many little thing I want to do and so little time (in my head).

forestb 11-21-2016 05:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got my tail gait and grill letters on this weekend. Here are some photos of my engine bay.

The Rocknrod 12-02-2016 06:44 PM

Your keeping me motivated - looks great!

forestb 12-02-2016 06:53 PM

thanks

aggie91 12-05-2016 10:16 AM

Looks good. Which radiator did you use? I like the more rounded top tank compared to others that I have looked at.

forestb 12-05-2016 01:23 PM

I got it from Us Radiator. I have not driven it a hole lot but I am happy with it so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 7787286)
Looks good. Which radiator did you use? I like the more rounded top tank compared to others that I have looked at.

forestb 12-30-2016 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
found this in my trans pan a couple of weeks ago. I guess I will be on the hunt for a new one.

LostMy65 01-09-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 7774269)
Got my tail gait and grill letters on this weekend. Here are some photos of my engine bay.

Looking Stupendous!

forestb 02-27-2017 05:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It has been about 8 years sense my truck has had a solid floor. It sure feels good to get it back in.

forestb 04-02-2017 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yay got new tail light brackets installed. Boo the tail light don't work. The blinker and the break light do but the not the tail lights. I think it is not getting a good ground but am not sure.

forestb 04-03-2017 10:27 AM

Forgot to mention that my transmission stopped shifting into 3rd gear on Saturday but I saw it coming. I already had a 700r4 built and had an appointment to have it installed today. Perfect timing. I can't wait to get the new one in.

forestb 04-17-2017 04:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I created a new license plate bracket. I have never liked the original location. It is all mock up parts. Have not put it on the truck yet.

chevyfreek 04-18-2017 11:10 AM

Beautiful truck you have. It makes me want to go buy a short stepper!!:lol::lol::lol:

siggyfreud 04-18-2017 11:31 AM

Looking great! Bed wood looks amazing. Was that a kit?

forestb 04-18-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyfreek (Post 7919031)
Beautiful truck you have. It makes me want to go buy a short stepper!!:lol::lol::lol:

thanks

forestb 04-18-2017 12:01 PM

Yes it was from mar-k. I added the gas filler door my self.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siggyfreud (Post 7919043)
Looking great! Bed wood looks amazing. Was that a kit?

The1960APE 04-18-2017 02:23 PM

The build is looking GREAT, I like the white inside the bed, its a nice contrast!

forestb 05-27-2017 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found this today. It is a wire that got squished by a bolt. It is a wire that goes to my tail lights. I fixed it but didn't get a chance to see if it salved the problem. I am hopeful but I am thinking it will not fix it sense it was only one wire and both tail lights don't work.

forestb 06-02-2017 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how I feel most days I work on the truck.

LostMy65 06-16-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 7461727)
Another
Posted via Mobile Device

What brand are your front wheels?

forestb 06-16-2017 10:21 PM

Wheel vintiques. They are 17x8. They powder coated them black for me but now they only sell them pre coated in silver. I think you can speshal order them in bare steel. There website says they are out of stock but if you call them they have them.

LostMy65 06-16-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 7969239)
Wheel vintiques. They are 17x8. They powder coated them black for me but now they only sell them pre coated in silver. I think you can speshal order them in bare steel. There website says they are out of stock but if you call them they have them.

I'm sorry, I meant the front tires.
btw... I nominated you for the TOTM.

forestb 06-16-2017 11:35 PM

Nitro tires
Thank you for nominating me.

I have to worn you that if you get the 275/55r17's in the rear and lower it 5 in or more you might have to roll the lip and even then you might have some rubbing issue on the inside the rear fender. That's on a step side. If you want to know the problem's I'm having I will post the link. But the fronts work fine with a 4 inch drop with no rubbing issues
Posted via Mobile Device

forestb 06-19-2017 09:57 PM

Finally got my tail light fully installed and working correctly after the squished wire problem. While trying to figuring all that out I found that the guy that installed the wiring got the tail light wire and the dash lights wire switched on the headlight switch. I also had a lot of trouble figuring that one out because the bulbs were not sitting properly in the tail light sockets so the tail lights were not going on.

I also had to make a new trans mount cross member because I had a 700r4 installed and it was causing my old bracket to sag and the drive shaft was hitting my emergency brake.

I also had to widen my rear fenders a little. I thought I was going to either get new tires or try to roll the fender but I saw that the tab that the fender bracket attaches to has a slot rather than just a hole. So I was able to pull on the fender and retighten it so that the fender stayed pushed out a little which should give me the clearance I need. I also got new rear shocks because the old ones were shot. I think that will help a little with keeping the rear from swaying around and rubbing.

I also had to trim some mettle off the bottom and top of my fan shroud so that it fit properly against my radiator. I think that help with a lot of the sound that my electric fan was making due to vibration.

I know these all seem like simple things but some of them were keeping me from taking the truck back to the transmission shop so that he can fix the leek coming from the seal between the tail shaft and the drive shaft. He also needs to install the speedometer cable which he could not install at the time because it was on back order. After the transmission is finished I can try to start saving for the interior again.

forestb 06-25-2017 08:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I tried installing the plate in it's new location. What do you all think?