The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stolen.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713053)

saxart 07-31-2016 01:01 AM

Re: Stolen....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmjlambert (Post 7669537)
I am happy about this. Thanks for letting us know your happy news and congratulations on recovering it. After you get the truck back and fixed if necessary, please let us know the steps you took to get things going in your favor with the police, and let us know (if you can) what exactly the thief did to take your truck in the first place and if you have any recommendations for us about prevention/protection.

YES!!!! Awesome to hear that this truck is coming home. I've been watching this thread, and glad to hear that they found it! :metal:

I'll second what Dmjlambert said above. If you don't mind filling us in on some of the details on how this happened so we can keep it from happening to us!

Anyway, congrats! :uhmk:

57taskforce 07-31-2016 01:11 AM

Yes!!! So glad to hear you got your baby back and one more piece of scum off the streets!(hopefully) congratulations!

67chevy_hotrod 07-31-2016 02:00 AM

Thank god

ck5566 07-31-2016 03:02 AM

Nine days of he!!, at least not months. Nice to here a Happy Ending for once.

Grumpy old man 07-31-2016 05:49 AM

This is good news ! Sounds like some idiot thought he could drive around in it and not be caught ? I mean really it's not like there are dozens of them cruising the streets anywhere anymore . And they don't exactly blend in to normal traffic like a Honda/ mazda/Toyota would . Thieves are stupid to begin with and this just proves that true . Hopefully he'll spend a lengthy sentence to reflect on his actions and how it affects good law abiding people .

I used to have a lot of local guys stop by looking for parts or help on their projects but after a few expensive tools came up missing all that came to a screeching halt .my gate stays locked anymore one or two bad apples ruined it for everyone . Now my properties have video and locked gates but even that won't stop them if they really want something .

Good for you that it was found , It could have been found in many pieces or not found at all .

projectking 07-31-2016 07:05 AM

Glad to hear you got it back!

GR8-68 07-31-2016 07:35 AM

This is so great to hear !! So I guess it was the dummy that stole it that was still driving it around :lol: I can hear it already,

Suspect: "but officer I didn't know it was stolen I borrowed it from my buddy"

Officer: "Where does he live ? "

Suspect: "I can't remember, I think it was down that way" :lol:

Oregon 1967 GMC 07-31-2016 09:43 AM

Wow! I was hoping for a good ending but honestly thought it was gone for good. Happy for you and I am definitely thinking more about anti-theft measures.
So what was the scumbag thinking?? Did he have help?

sean1969c10 07-31-2016 10:02 AM

Congratulations!!!

Aruba1 07-31-2016 11:01 AM

I hoped for the best but thought that you would never see here again. I am very happy to hear it was recovered and the sorry sob was caught. Please post pics when you get here back and mugshot of the sob.

kwmech 07-31-2016 11:01 AM

Thumbs -up!! I'm going to be doing some extra wiring on my vehicles in the next few weeks. I always worry about my Toyota getting boosted. Going to just do them all

ryanv70c10 07-31-2016 11:07 AM

Awesome to hear you got your baby back.

custom10nut 07-31-2016 11:16 AM

Karma. So glad that you got your truck back.:metal:

inline67c20 07-31-2016 11:17 AM

OH that is great !

Ol Blue K20 07-31-2016 11:20 AM

This is great news. CONGRATULATIONS! !!!

custom10nut 07-31-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 IRON (Post 7669526)
FOUND!!!!! The police no more than 20 minutes ago are securing my truck and taking the lowlife SOB piece of shi* away! OMG.....too happy right now! I dont know where my feelings came from for this truck, but I am just ecstatic to know its coming home! Rusty, not worth much to anyone else looks, but it just made me happy to drive. Thank you all for your support.....it meant so much, really!!! YAAAAA HOOOOOO!!!!!

It's because that truck is yours! It's not communal property. I personally would take the time to go to court the day this POS goes before the Judge, just to tell him for yourself that "this truck is mine!"

68 CRACKERBOX 07-31-2016 12:02 PM

glad you are getting it back, the bad thing is they will proublely slap the guy on the hand say you should have done that and send him home to do it again.

davepl 07-31-2016 12:12 PM

Love to know the details of how they found it. It'd be gratifying if it somehow came back to all of the forum/facebook posts and someone called it in, but more likely a traffic stop or something like that!

ck5566 07-31-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 CRACKERBOX (Post 7669803)
glad you are getting it back, the bad thing is they will proublely slap the guy on the hand say you should have done that and send him home to do it again.

That statement sounds like our California Laws. We both are getting close to retiring and are looking into getting the Heck out of here. Don't know where the next "here" will be though.

Congratulations!!!

garyd1961 07-31-2016 03:13 PM

Great!
I've been following this thread daily hoping you would get it back but I admit I was doubtful you would ever see it again. Don't expect the thief to get any jail time unless he has a long list of other charges, then they will just combine them into one charge.
They didn't even try the guys who stole my new crate motor. After I went to court twice they just combine it with charges they had in the next county, didn't even have a trial on my case in my county where the crime took place. I got a call informing me it was over and they were ordered to pay me restitution for my motor when they get out, yeah right.
I on my own found the guy who bought my motor. I gave his name and address to the detective along with the numbers off my motor and a description of the car the motor is in, 71 Chevelle. They told me they had a detective who was friends with the "drug dealer's" mother checking on it, yeah right again.

In The Ten Ring 07-31-2016 05:44 PM

I wouldn't expect much in the way of punishment, after all, 68 Iron lives in a pretty liberal state.

I am though, very happy and surprised you will get it back. Do fill us in (if you can) on the details of the theft and recovery. I've been praying for you and I guess God was listening but I wasn't the only one praying I'm sure. :)

tommys72 07-31-2016 07:13 PM

very good news! Glad he was dumb and you got your truck back

72 tigger 07-31-2016 09:21 PM

Good deal! Been watching this too- hoping you would get it back. Looking forward to the details & hearing the truck looks the same way you left it

TeamEstep 07-31-2016 11:22 PM

Congratulations! That is great news!!!

Grumpy old man 08-01-2016 06:14 AM

Was there any local news coverage of your classic truck being returned ? Any news on damage ?:chevy: