The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MI Reconditioned gauge Clusters F/S (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=604141)

drivingslow 05-13-2015 11:16 AM

Re: Reconditioned gauge Clusters F/S

Nice work...

lane224 06-06-2015 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My ride looking sharp. Thanks to New gauge cluster from Tom.
Thanks again.

TBONE1964 06-12-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lane224 (Post 7200613)
My ride looking sharp. Thanks to New gauge cluster from Tom.
Thanks again.

That is very nice Lou,

Love the old school steering wheel. ;)

Thank you for the kind words.

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 07-05-2015 06:40 PM

Happy Independence Day weekend to all of you.

As you may have heard, or not, Classic Gauge and Cluster is now offering Polishing and Buffing services. Please contact me for details.

As always, we predicate all of the cluster business and will have some room in the schedule to do more work in the early part of September. The plate has been pretty full with work for most of the year

Thank you to all for the business and support. Hope all of you are staying cool. It has been a little on the warm side over here in the Northwest.

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 08-24-2015 01:23 AM

Back from vacation/honeymoon and ready to do some work.

Contact me with your gauge cluster needs.

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 09-05-2015 01:09 PM

Hello all,

Hope you are all having a nice Labor day weekend.

I am currently at about a 3-4 week back log for any of you needing work or clusters built.

Contact me with any of your needs.

Take care,
Tom

TBONE1964 12-11-2015 08:05 PM

Hello everyone.

Hope you all are doing well and getting ready for the holidays with as little stress as possible.

Good news. I am going to begin doing cluster builds on a little more of a limited bases. This means that I can continue to build high quality clusters but I cannot take on a high work load all at once. I should be able to do one at a time. I do not have a shop currently but made provisions at my home to do the work.

If any of you are in need but not in a super big rush, let me know. This also goes for the volt gauge conversions. The big problem with those is keeping volt gauges in stock to do them.

As always, I appreciate the business.

Thank you very much,
Tom

DeepOceanStepside 12-12-2015 12:42 AM

Just out of curiosity what would you restore a 1970 i6 base cluster for it only has gas gauge and speedo?

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 12-12-2015 01:41 AM

Looking at your work, I'll be pulling my cluster within the next 6-7 months and am interested. 1971, chrome/black seven gauge, no tach or vacuum.

TBONE1964 12-12-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepOceanStepside (Post 7407293)
Just out of curiosity what would you restore a 1970 i6 base cluster for it only has gas gauge and speedo?

PM on the way.

Thank you,
Tom

TBONE1964 12-12-2015 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 7407336)
Looking at your work, I'll be pulling my cluster within the next 6-7 months and am interested. 1971, chrome/black seven gauge, no tach or vacuum.

PM on the way

Thank you,
Tom

spitfire980 12-14-2015 05:40 AM

A quick question, do i have to send you my old gauges or do you have some in stock?
The reason i ask this is because i live on the other side of the world so shipping would easily be way more than the gauges themselves

Thanks

TBONE1964 12-14-2015 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfire980 (Post 7409580)
A quick question, do i have to send you my old gauges or do you have some in stock?
The reason i ask this is because i live on the other side of the world so shipping would easily be way more than the gauges themselves

Thanks

I could probably put something together for you so you do not have to ship your parts here.

What is it exactly you need? A complete restored cluster? What year? Tach or non tach?

Thank you for the interest,
Tom

calgood 04-14-2016 10:53 AM

Tom - I tried to email you but thought maybe you'd be on here more often. I have a 1970 GMC Jimmy I'm doing a full restore on. It currently doesn't have a tach or vacuum gauge. I would like to see about upgrading my cluster or buying one with the gauges I want. Can you help me out? My build is in early stages so there would be no rush on the job.

Clint

joeminnesota 05-07-2016 07:33 AM

Hi Tom,
I have a Non Tach cluster out of a 69 C10 i am considering getting restored. Everything but the Ammeter seems to work. I even replaced the Ammeter gauge in the cluster.... What would the time line be and guess-timate of price. I would go with the LED bulb option.
Thanks
Joe

TBONE1964 05-07-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeminnesota (Post 7585150)
Hi Tom,
I have a Non Tach cluster out of a 69 C10 i am considering getting restored. Everything but the Ammeter seems to work. I even replaced the Ammeter gauge in the cluster.... What would the time line be and guess-timate of price. I would go with the LED bulb option.
Thanks
Joe

PM on the way,

Take care,
Tom

jr1000yarder 05-07-2016 09:22 PM

I have a 72 cluster I would like to have done...please pm me some pricing

Thanks, Rich

TBONE1964 05-07-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr1000yarder (Post 7585779)
I have a 72 cluster I would like to have done...please pm me some pricing

Thanks, Rich

PM on the way,

Thank you,
Tom

TBONE1964 05-07-2016 09:45 PM

Those of you interested in cluster restoration, please send me an email to tbonegarris@yahoo.com, if I do not respond to your PM or other message on here.

By the way, if you need gauges (fuel, temp, etc.) or a circuit board in your cluster, I am going to start charging on a by need bases and only charge what it cost me to replace. My once over abundant inventory of good replacement gauges has dried up. I am not buying clusters for parts any longer as most of a use cluster winds up in the scrap pile.

Thank you for the understanding,
Tom

ilovesilver97 05-20-2016 01:53 PM

PM sent

brutus72 05-20-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 6384267)
ttt

Currently building a 69-72 non tach gauge cluster. will be ready before the holiday.

Also building a 69-72 tach cluster, using NOS lens and circuit board.

I have a non gauge 69-72 cluster ready for $120.00 shipped. (see information in separate post.

What is your dream cluster and what would you pay for it? :)

Cluster Tip of the week/month/year: Mix a pan of CLR with water about 50/50 deep enough to submerge your circuit board in. Let it soak for two hours. Rinse with warm water and dry with a towel. It works wonders cleaning the crude of of the connections :)

Would be interested in getting the 69-72 tach cluster with the NOS lens and Circuit. ship to Socal 92882. Is the Tach up to 5k rpm or ?

TBONE1964 05-20-2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus72 (Post 7599463)
Would be interested in getting the 69-72 tach cluster with the NOS lens and Circuit. ship to Socal 92882. Is the Tach up to 5k rpm or ?

I am fresh out of NOS parts but I do have some contacts with possible OS parts. Not to many good OE tachs left and hard to find NOS lens.

Are you opposed to aftermarket? It is a good option for a tach as well as a circuit board. I here mixed feeling about aftermarket lenses.

Let me know what you are looking for and I can put some pricing together. Probably a min of $550.00 for a standard 5K tach cluster using aftermarket parts.

Thank you for the interest,
Tom

brutus72 05-21-2016 02:32 AM

I am open to aftermarket, if you think they are good quality reproductions. Could you send a pic?

TBONE1964 05-21-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus72 (Post 7599999)
I am open to aftermarket, if you think they are good quality reproductions. Could you send a pic?

I will get a photo for you here soon.

Thank you,
Tom

jsprengeler 05-22-2016 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tom,
What would it cost just to have the chrome part refinished on my green gauge cluster? Thanks! John

TBONE1964 05-22-2016 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsprengeler (Post 7601529)
Tom,
What would it cost just to have the chrome part refinished on my green gauge cluster? Thanks! John

Hi John,

I honestly would not have any idea on re chroming your bezel. It is probably pretty pricey and you will still have to have the green resprayed. You may want to find a local chrome shop that works with plastic and see if they could give you a quote.

Another option if you are OK with it is aftermarket bezel which comes chrome with black and have the black painted green. This is not as easy as it sounds. The tape work has to be perfect the first time or throw it out and start over. The last time I did this it was $200.00 with time and materials.

If you want me to get those estimates for you, I can, just let me know.

That is a nice looking cluster as is.

Hope this helps,
Tom

jsprengeler 05-23-2016 10:18 AM

Thanks for your quick response, Tom. I'll certainly look into your suggestion. John

TBONE1964 05-23-2016 10:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus72 (Post 7599999)

Here are some photos of the new aftermarket tach I use. They are not a 100% exact to OE reproduction but they are close and look nice in the cluster. I have done a lot of clusters with these tachs with no issues. This tach would cost about $100.00 to replace if it ever did go bad.

Let me know what you think.

Take care,
Tom

brutus72 06-27-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 7602239)
Here are some photos of the new aftermarket tach I use. They are not a 100% exact to OE reproduction but they are close and look nice in the cluster. I have done a lot of clusters with these tachs with no issues. This tach would cost about $100.00 to replace if it ever did go bad.

Let me know what you think.

Take care,
Tom

Tom,
I have a couple of clusters that are pretty rough, would like to get a complete rebuilt cluster back using the best of what I have, likely will need new bezel, would like to add 5k or 8k Tach, vacuum gauge if you have one. I am good with aftermarket. Will send PM

Grumpy old man 06-27-2016 06:06 PM

Looking for a 6 cylinder tach , any available ?

TBONE1964 06-27-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 7637105)
Looking for a 6 cylinder tach , any available ?

Sorry, fresh out. I just found one for a customer and it was NOS for a 6 cyl and he paid around $275.00 for it. They are getting real hard to get now.

Take care,
Tom

1968k20 06-27-2016 07:50 PM

Still looking for a vacuum gauge. Do you have one yet?

TBONE1964 06-27-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutus72 (Post 7637074)
Tom,
I have a couple of clusters that are pretty rough, would like to get a complete rebuilt cluster back using the best of what I have, likely will need new bezel, would like to add 5k or 8k Tach, vacuum gauge if you have one. I am good with aftermarket. Will send PM

PM received. I will get with you soon.

Thank you,
Tom

TBONE1964 06-27-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1968k20 (Post 7637176)
Still looking for a vacuum gauge. Do you have one yet?

Nothing OE. If one comes up, I will let you know. OE vac gauges are getting hard to find in good working condition and almost always need a restoration on the face which can be done.

Let me know if you find one that needs face restoration and I can get that done. Otherwise, there is the aftermarket ones.

Thank you,
Tom

1968k20 06-27-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 7637184)
Nothing OE. If one comes up, I will let you know. OE vac gauges are getting hard to find in good working condition and almost always need a restoration on the face which can be done.

Let me know if you find one that needs face restoration and I can get that done. Otherwise, there is the aftermarket ones.

Thank you,
Tom

Thank you!

robs71k5 07-12-2016 12:51 AM

Have a problem with my speedometer . I replaced the cable when it broke and replaced it with a new one but then the speedo started making noise and the speedo was jumping so I purchased another new cable and installed, the noise has been reduced but it hasn't gone away so now I'm thinking it might be the speedo itself . I had the speedo set to zero when My truck was completed . It now has 9000 miles on it . The miles are still adding up but the noise is driving me crazy. What would happen if I gave it a shot of WD. Or another solution might feel to purchase anothe speedometer if you can match the miles . Suggestions thanks Rob

TBONE1964 07-12-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robs71k5 (Post 7650428)
Have a problem with my speedometer . I replaced the cable when it broke and replaced it with a new one but then the speedo started making noise and the speedo was jumping so I purchased another new cable and installed, the noise has been reduced but it hasn't gone away so now I'm thinking it might be the speedo itself . I had the speedo set to zero when My truck was completed . It now has 9000 miles on it . The miles are still adding up but the noise is driving me crazy. What would happen if I gave it a shot of WD. Or another solution might feel to purchase anothe speedometer if you can match the miles . Suggestions thanks Rob

Hi Rob,

I prefer dry or wet graphite on the speedometer cable and on the back of the speedo where the cable hooks up. It will stay in place much better than WD. WD will/should provide a temporary fix for the noise but graphite is much better as a lubricant.

If you wanted to send me your speedometer, I could hook it up to my calibration machine and check it out. Most likely the frame bushings are wore. This will cause noise as well as needle bounce.

If you want a replacement speedometer, I can put a nice one together for you. I can set mileage to whatever you like. It will be calibrated, quite and no needle bounce.

You can send me a PM if preferred to discuss details.

Thank you,
Tom

joeminnesota 07-20-2016 05:54 PM

I just received the Instrument Cluster TBONE1964 reconditioned for me! All i have to say is WOW WOW WOW! it looks fantastic! I cannot wait to install it!
Thanks so much!

TBONE1964 07-20-2016 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeminnesota (Post 7659534)
I just received the Instrument Cluster TBONE1964 reconditioned for me! All i have to say is WOW WOW WOW! it looks fantastic! I cannot wait to install it!
Thanks so much!

Hi Joe,

I really appreciate the complement. Please post a photo up when you can with the cluster installed. I would love to see the truck it is going into.

Thank you again for the business and your patients. It was my pleasure to build you a nice cluster.

Take care,
Tom

Elliot949 07-20-2016 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Tom... Here it is ... It finally made it to the truck... I decided not to use my original 67 Restored Bezel but went with the Chrome Aftermarket Bezel... we are getting closer to getting it all hooked up...