The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Raymond (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=612847)

flashed 09-22-2014 05:56 PM

Re: Project "Class Act"

Those sure do look good .

Elliot949 09-22-2014 06:18 PM

Thanks

Elliot949 10-02-2014 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am excited... I got my Steering wheel yesterday...

Elliot949 11-05-2014 08:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to Chris Carlson's Hot Rods Yesterday and work has finally Started on Project "Class Act"...

Drew got the tailgate fitted and the roll pan tacked in... The tailgate is from Classic Parts of America and is one of the "Counterparts" manufacturer products... these parts at best are a representation of the part they are suppose to be but Drew is getting it dialed in... The roll pan is a Mar-K part and is EXCELLENT and highly recommended...

Drew also started installing the Boyd's fuel tank... After discussing it we have decided to go in between the frame rail to pickup appx 2" of ground clearance and still make it removable...

The receiver hitch will bolt in for the same reason and will be part of the structure for the rear frame cross rail...

I am stoked being able to see some forward motion... I should be able to have it back home ready to start paint work by late this month...

Stay Tuned...

Dan

Cash3481 11-05-2014 10:34 AM

Dan,
Great job on the GBD! It's coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

Low Elco 11-05-2014 11:59 AM

Go man go!

Cash3481 11-05-2014 12:19 PM

Dan those hood letters would look great sunken into the hood skin to almost look flush. Kind of like the outline of the letters in the tailgate and then put the letters in the recess area. I think that's a lot of work but Ive always dreamt of it.

Vic1947 11-05-2014 12:24 PM

Great progress, Dan. I know what you're saying about the Counterparts stuff. You can beat their parts into submission, but it'd be nice if they fit to start with. You're probably smart to make your tank removable. If you ever convert to EFI it will be a lot easier to drop it and install an in-tank pump. Looking forward to seeing color go on. :metal:

Elliot949 11-05-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic1947 (Post 6904723)
Great progress, Dan. I know what you're saying about the Counterparts stuff. You can beat their parts into submission, but it'd be nice if they fit to start with. You're probably smart to make your tank removable. If you ever convert to EFI it will be a lot easier to drop it and install an in-tank pump. Looking forward to seeing color go on. :metal:

I am soooo ready for some Light Blue and White...

Elliot949 11-11-2014 09:23 PM

Ok... Here we go... Chris got back from SEMA yesterday and the guys have been working on the truck... I AM STOKED!!!!... They are making great progress on the chassis... As of this afternoon the frame modifications are REAL CLOSE to being completed...

As of today the starting at the front the frame rails where the bumper mounts the frame had 2 rips in it that have been repaired... the motor mount towers have been installed the ECE Front Drop Shock towers are installed, the CPP Tubular Transmission mount is in as well as the CPP cross member... Out back the ECE "C" notch has been welded in and finished off The rear ECE Dropped Shock mounts are in...

As I have posted last week they have the Gas tank brackets welded in and ready to drop in the Boyd's Fuel Tank and to finish out the back of the frame is the Receiver hitch is installed where the rear cross frame was located (I doubt this truck will ever tow anything but I want it to be able to if I choose to)...

The differential has been torn apart and the Disc brakes are on and the open 373 gears have been replaced with a set of Posi 308's (I didn't think to get pictures of the differential today)...

I am told that the frame and differential will be going to paint tomorrow and will be painted body color... the New trailing arms, springs, upper and lower A-arms and steering parts will go to paint on Thursday to be assembled on Friday... All the individual parts came in powder coated black but I just don't want them in black so I have chosen a very High Pearl light/medium gray for these parts...

I personally think they are being optimistic making that deadline but Chris has set that for himself...

Chris has a great eye for details so we discuss the "vision" I have for this truck... I told him that I want a drivable Show truck... I really thinks he and I are on the same page and he will run that fine line for me...

Enjoy the pics from this morning as I didn't get pics this afternoon with ALL of the work that I have said has been completed...

http://images108.fotki.com/v360/phot...111114A-vi.jpg

http://images45.fotki.com/v1310/phot...111114E-vi.jpg

http://images43.fotki.com/v1439/phot...111114D-vi.jpg

http://images53.fotki.com/v107/photo...111114F-vi.jpg

http://images15.fotki.com/v587/photo...111114C-vi.jpg

gdavis 11-12-2014 02:22 AM

looking good there man. before you know it you will have a rolling chassis

Elliot949 11-12-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdavis (Post 6915028)
looking good there man. before you know it you will have a rolling chassis

Thanks Buddy... I am really excited now... it has been there for 4 months with basically nothing done to it...

Low Elco 11-12-2014 02:55 PM

Glad to see'em movin'. Are they doing the paint as well?

Elliot949 11-12-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 6915514)
Glad to see'em movin'. Are they doing the paint as well?

Man i am happy to see them moving on this ... I will paint it myself... the only paint work they are doing is the chassis and suspension...

Elliot949 11-12-2014 09:18 PM

Ok Gang... went by the shop today and this is what I found... The First Color is going on the chassis... YEAH!!!!....

Also here is the Differential... this probably will go to paint tomorrow along with all the suspension parts...

http://images51.fotki.com/v282/photo...4FrameA-vi.jpg

http://images115.fotki.com/v607/phot...ential1-vi.jpg

67chevy1series 11-12-2014 11:25 PM

I remember this truck some years ago when it was still a lwb custom camper. I just read through the whole build, I was very sorry to hear they stole the truck, I'm just happy to hear you still got enough of a truck back to build a awesome hotrod styled 67 again. Very cool story you have with this truck! I like the route your going with the truck, I too want to follow a somewhat 60's hotrod feel with modern day performance (like the rear disc brakes) I'm in for the build! Keep the progress and pictures coming!

Elliot949 11-12-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67chevy1series (Post 6916162)
I remember this truck some years ago when it was still a lwb custom camper. I just read through the whole build, I was very sorry to hear they stole the truck, I'm just happy to hear you still got enough of a truck back to build a awesome hotrod styled 67 again. Very cool story you have with this truck! I like the route your going with the truck, I too want to follow a somewhat 60's hotrod feel with modern day performance (like the rear disc brakes) I'm in for the build! Keep the progress and pictures coming!

Thanks for you kind words... I hope to have completed frame pics by the end of the week...

67ctener 11-12-2014 11:54 PM

I love the color, looks awesome

swamp rat 11-13-2014 05:01 AM

Something other than black! Nice touch!

Cash3481 11-13-2014 08:27 PM

Dan,
Thanks for your leftovers. Went by Chris's shop and grabbed the leftovers. All I can say is WOW! This will be a good looking chassis. If the rest turns out this nice with the parts you got at home I bet it won't be getting driven too much. Excellent work and vision. The 2nd coat and clear really made it pop in the light. I bet the sun will make it blinding. Congrats on this step being almost behind you.

Elliot949 11-13-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash3481 (Post 6917105)
Dan,
Thanks for your leftovers. Went by Chris's shop and grabbed the leftovers. All I can say is WOW! This will be a good looking chassis. If the rest turns out this nice with the parts you got at home I bet it won't be getting driven too much. Excellent work and vision. The 2nd coat and clear really made it pop in the light. I bet the sun will make it blinding. Congrats on this step being almost behind you.

Thanks Mike... I am really pretty stoked... You sir are wrong... it is going to get driven but hopefully not often if ever in the rain... LOL

Elliot949 11-14-2014 07:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I was there a little early today so I didn't get Pics of the frame with the differential and brakes on it but here is where it was at about 2:00

Vic1947 11-14-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 6918325)
I was there a little early today so I didn't get Pics of the frame with the differential and brakes on it but here is where it was at about 2:00

You gotta be happy with the way this is turning out, Dan. Looks great! Bet it will look even more awesome down on all fours.

Elliot949 11-14-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic1947 (Post 6918345)
You gotta be happy with the way this is turning out, Dan. Looks great! Bet it will look even more awesome down on all fours.

You got it Vic... Man this thing is really looking great... I was starting to question my color choice but now that I see it I am really dead on target...

Low Elco 11-15-2014 05:50 PM

I like it! That Diff cover is cool!