The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=704263)

Wasted Income 06-30-2016 10:26 AM

Re: Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on!

My apologies.

ERASER5 06-30-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatherof3 (Post 7638914)

My mother taught me this one.

Mary had a little lamb. Her father killed it dead. Now it goes to school with her between to chunks of bread.

Yep. Mom grew up on a farm.

68 CRACKERBOX 06-30-2016 01:11 PM

there is really no good reason why have not heard something back from them.It is sure ashame how one or two people can mess the whole deal up, this is suppost to fun.It has been a week since they were suppost to be home. surely they could tell us something atleased answer the pm.or just send to the next one. I'm ready to drive up to up there to save him(Monroe).oh well I will get off my soapbox now.

CG 06-30-2016 02:48 PM

Im getting some PMs and emails that are kind of bumming me out (nothing rude) so Im going to ask a mod to lock this for now. It looks like Im going to have to rethink this a bit. Ill have Monroe sent home for now. Sorry guys ... hang tough.

I sent another PM to the current holder of Monroe and asked him to send Monroe back to me.

68 CRACKERBOX 06-30-2016 02:57 PM

please don't give up on it just because of a couple of bumps in the road,it's can work and be fun again

CG 06-30-2016 02:59 PM

Not giving up. Just going to redo the list and a few other things.

NC_John 07-14-2016 07:40 PM

Monroe Has Reappeared

I found a beat up USPS box on my front porch when I got home from work this afternoon. I just ordered some parts and thought "you gotta be kidding me- did they run over the box with the big brown truck?"
It wasn't parts.... Look who showed up today.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...sm5f1jyy6.jpeg

It was a quick turnaround for him, as soon as he got out of the box, my kid got home we had to take off for Karate class. They were eyeballing each other pretty good but are already bonding.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/y...so0dqbozv.jpeg

We'll see how we can entertain him for a few days and he'll get shipped back out to the next host. We'll see if we can get this moving for good.

CG 07-14-2016 08:20 PM

Re: Monroe Has Reappeared

Thanks so much for this ... hang tough and we can reopen the old thread. Really happy he turned up to someone that actually gets this!!!!!

CG 07-14-2016 08:24 PM

IVe PM a mod to open the old thread. Would you mind posting your pictures there please as soon as its open. thanks again.

And your son doesn't look all that happy to be with Monroe haha!

NC_John 07-14-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7653437)
IVe PM a mod to open the old thread. Would you mind posting your pictures there please as soon as its open. thanks again.

He was wearing his fighting face for class (and putting on a show for the camera). He hasn't stopped messing with Monroe since he got home. The squeaker will probably be worn out before he gets put back in his box.

Liz 07-14-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC_John (Post 7653386)

We'll see how we can entertain him for a few days and he'll get shipped back out to the next host. We'll see if we can get this moving for good.

Watch out Rockwell! Monroe and John are on the loose :lol:

Liz 07-14-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7653437)

I merged it to save hassle

flashed 07-14-2016 09:53 PM

Glad to see this is back on ...........

TexasLS1 07-14-2016 09:53 PM

Yesssssssssss!!!!!! Welcome back Monroe, our long lost pal!

firedemon 07-14-2016 10:09 PM

good

TexasLS1 07-14-2016 10:20 PM

Just in time for the weekend, too. Looking forward to some cruisin pics in Blu. Love the wheels with that paint!

special-K 07-14-2016 11:48 PM

Did Monroe get to participate in karate class? Can''t wait to see what you all get into. Just remember: You put him in a box and mail him to some one else when you are done. Got it?? :lol:

sawyerrm 07-15-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7653658)
Did Just remember: You put him in a box and mail him to some one else when you are done. Got it?? :lol:

Preaching to the choir :metal:

dazza 07-15-2016 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 7638883)
*Hoping he's not at my house... my wife likes to put boxes in the garage where I can't find them...*

I'm not married, but it is I that likes to put boxes in the garage where I can't find them! More than likely it would have been opened then put in that "important" pile of misc bills and tax $ requests, you know, the ones that some how lose that importance as soon as something more important gets put on top?!

Happy now that I decided not to participate because you guys are worse than any state collection agency, and you're not even going after money!! :haha:
But then again, I'm sure California wouldn't blink twice about garnishing my wages if I owed them a Monroe(not putting him down, just sayin')
Luv the camaraderie on here.

GR8-68 07-15-2016 06:30 AM

:lol: This thread is hilarious, some good pics guys.. I need some help here on the c10 farm from Monroe ;)

NC_John 07-15-2016 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasLS1 (Post 7653591)
Just in time for the weekend, too. Looking forward to some cruisin pics in Blu. Love the wheels with that paint!

Just in time for what is supposed to be a rainy weekend, dang it. We'll see how we we can keep him entertained before he has to go.

NC_John 07-15-2016 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyerrm (Post 7653688)
Preaching to the choir :metal:

AND, I am going to keep him in the SE US if I can to minimize travel between stops and let this thing pick up some steam. The bouncing all over the country is neat but he confided in me that if he has to spend much more time in that box he is going to choke his own chicken.

NC_John 07-15-2016 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7653658)
Did Monroe get to participate in karate class? Can''t wait to see what you all get into. Just remember: You put him in a box and mail him to some one else when you are done. Got it?? :lol:

When he couldn't do the opening stretches and warm-ups, he got benched. He blamed the box of course. And the first thing the kids grab is his neck so I secured him before he ended up going to his next stop in two pieces. He's pretty tough but I'm not sure how long he would last against a gang of fiesty 10 yr olds.

He's going to to the boxing club on Monday so he can get in the ring there. It's a rougher, but calmer environment.

dazza 07-15-2016 06:43 AM

I would have like to seen him up against Goose Lee!

Grumpy old man 07-15-2016 07:02 AM

Maudene , Monroe's female counterpart has been patiently waiting by the gate and starts squawking (squeaking) every time she sees a UPS truck ! She's wanting to take Monroe to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge and ride the new wooden roller coaster Lighting Rod the world's fastest wooden roller coaster at 73 mph ! That should give him some "out of the box " excitement !