The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project "Old Yeller" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=401910)

Cole Trickle 06-18-2012 03:02 PM

Re: Project "Old Yeller"

Well Yeller made it home from Magnaflow.

I don't have the dyno graphs but I believe it made an extra 20-30 to the wheels with the full exhaust and Hooker Long tubes.

Whats crazy is there is almost zero cab noise with the new set up. The dual 2.5" X pipe set up made a crazy difference. Its deep and smooth as can be with a nice sound out the back but no more annoying true dual sound or interior droning.

I then lowered the rear another 1/2 inch using custom blocks and installed the CPP performance front and rear sway bars this weekend.

Truck looks perfect at this drop and the sway bars made a big difference around corners from what I have felt so far.

I need to detail her this weekend for the upccoming Brothers show:devil::metal:

mcbassin 06-18-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle (Post 5441040)
Well Yeller made it home from Magnaflow.

I don't have the dyno graphs but I believe it made an extra 20-30 to the wheels with the full exhaust and Hooker Long tubes.

Whats crazy is there is almost zero cab noise with the new set up. The dual 2.5" X pipe set up made a crazy difference. Its deep and smooth as can be with a nice sound out the back but no more annoying true dual sound or interior droning.

I then lowered the rear another 1/2 inch using custom blocks and installed the CPP performance front and rear sway bars this weekend.

Truck looks perfect at this drop and the sway bars made a big difference around corners from what I have felt so far.

I need to detail her this weekend for the upccoming Brothers show:devil::metal:

Does your tail pipes go all the way to the back of the bed over the axle? Did you take any video of your new exhaust? I have 2.5" pipes with Magnaflow mufflers but I dumped in front of the axle, now I'm worried about droning. thanks

Cole Trickle 06-18-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 5441138)
Does your tail pipes go all the way to the back of the bed over the axle? Did you take any video of your new exhaust? I have 2.5" pipes with Magnaflow mufflers but I dumped in front of the axle, now I'm worried about droning. thanks

No video yet....

I would say as long as your mufflers are under the bed you will be golden. Some people will probably thing its too quiet. I like a nice sound but don't want loud or raspy.

I will try and get some pics and video this weekend.

The mufflers are under the bed and the pipes go over the axel and exit after the rear wheels out the side. You can't really see anything unless you look under (I don't like big tips sticking out from the body;))

Cole Trickle 06-18-2012 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I actually found some pics he text me while they were working on it...

mac72 06-27-2012 08:50 PM

Cole,I hate to go off subject but I have to ask,do you have any pics of your Tahoe,I have a 98 2dr that I'm gonna 4/6 in a couple of wks

Cole Trickle 06-28-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac72 (Post 5457978)
Cole,I hate to go off subject but I have to ask,do you have any pics of your Tahoe,I have a 98 2dr that I'm gonna 4/6 in a couple of wks

There are some pics with a 4/6 and 5/7 on page 6:):chevy:

Enjoy let me know if you have any other questions.

69face 07-04-2012 03:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i love torque thrust lol thanks for the wheels and your trucks look great!
here's a before and after of my latest truck
Attachment 950898

Attachment 950899

Cole Trickle 07-05-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69face (Post 5468083)
i love torque thrust lol thanks for the wheels and your trucks look great!
here's a before and after of my latest truck
Attachment 950898

Attachment 950899

small world....

Wheels look good shined up:metal:

Good to see you onboard.

Lets see some pics of the rest of your toys. That elcamino with the 6.0 was a total sleeper.:devil:

72BlckButy 07-05-2012 02:40 PM

Love the new ride... :D

The exhaust looks good.

1stchevy 09-30-2012 07:34 AM

Old yeller is a star, I thougt I saw your truck on Hot Rod TV a little while back and the show was on again this morning and sure enough there's yeller in the background a few times.
Posted via Mobile Device

jonmc56 10-14-2012 03:43 PM

Cole,

Great build thread and nice truck. Can you tell me what factors led to you deciding to stick with 6 lug rather than switching to 5 lug? I need to make this decision this week, and don't really know the pros/cons other than the obvious.

Thanks, Jon

Cole Trickle 10-14-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmc56 (Post 5646498)
Cole,

Great build thread and nice truck. Can you tell me what factors led to you deciding to stick with 6 lug rather than switching to 5 lug? I need to make this decision this week, and don't really know the pros/cons other than the obvious.

Thanks, Jon

Thanks for the interest...

Most guys run 5 lug as there are more wheel choices and I believe the swap might be a tad cheaper.

I knew I was going to run custom wheels so I had no fitment issues.

For me it was a personal choice. Truck came 6 lug so I wanted it to stay that way to pay tribute to its heritage.:chevy:

Take a look at Ece and cop....they both make quality products
Posted via Mobile Device

Cole Trickle 09-22-2015 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Man where has the time gone.....lol

I just read back through the thread and realized how fast life passes.

The little kid on the first page is now in first grade and I have been so jammed up with life,other projects and kids sports and activities my poor truck has barely been driven in the past 2 years.......at this point i might even sell it and bank the $$$

crazy:waah::lol:

Stickman 09-22-2015 08:27 PM

CT don't be sellin that thing, hell just take it to the River if nothing else and leave it with some one you can trust and make it your River Ride 😄

Cole Trickle 09-24-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 7317223)
CT don't be sellin that thing, hell just take it to the River if nothing else and leave it with some one you can trust and make it your River Ride 😄

I'm not sure what I'm doing but I just don't have the time to play anymore and honestly I miss having a fast car and it would take way too much $$$ to get this where I'm happy.

Won't be doing anything soon but I can see myself selling this and pewrhaps picking up a 2010-2012 Shelby GT500.

Stickman 09-25-2015 11:34 AM

A GT would be nice for sure. I hear ya on the time thing, especially when there are kids involved. I quit playing golf and hot rods when mine were growing up the youngest now being 25, yeah I'm an old geezer 60. Now I work part time and there's still not enough time to get done what you want to do :lol:

P.S.
I'm thinking your more of a Corvette guy :chevy:

Cole Trickle 09-25-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickman (Post 7319799)
A GT would be nice for sure. I hear ya on the time thing, especially when there are kids involved. I quit playing golf and hot rods when mine were growing up the youngest now being 25, yeah I'm an old geezer 60. Now I work part time and there's still not enough time to get done what you want to do :lol:

P.S.
I'm thinking your more of a Corvette guy :chevy:

been there done that....biggest issue is you can't put 3 people in a vette. I'm also thinking the depreciation on a used gt500 will be much better than the corvette. 3K worth of mods gets a Shelby to about 650hp to the wheels.

Should be a fun cruiser...lol

Stickman 09-27-2015 12:04 AM

Well you know neither one will appreciate like that old Cbevy PU 😄😄😄😄😄

rodstored-72 11-29-2021 04:01 PM

cole, I read some highlights of the build (I got here from the GJ forum) did the truck make the move with you? you will need to find time to break out the" deadbolt" and do some crawlin'... now you are in a state that has some good terrain.. if you still have the truck snap a pic with the youngster next to it & see the difference... if able?
take care!
rodstored-72 (plain2car)

Stickman 11-30-2021 04:33 PM

CT sold that truck 3-5 yrs ago.