The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Kabwe's aka Bam's build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=440079)

bajabob 01-31-2011 12:16 AM

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

cheater cheater pumpkin eater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tooo funny..... I cracked up !!!

ok, I will sit down now and do my homework...........

ps
missed you guys at the Grand National today.... will try to post up some pics later.

Kim57 01-31-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4451051)
cheater cheater pumpkin eater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tooo funny..... I cracked up !!!

ps
missed you guys at the Grand National today.... will try to post up some pics later.

I was out there on saturday. My brother had his f@%d on display. Lots of nice cars and trucks.
Kim

Kabwe 01-31-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JML55 (Post 4450834)
Looking good,

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4451051)

ps

Yeah I thought about going, but time got away from me. BCToyChest was there and of course he called to tell me all I missed.lol

CAL 58 GMC 01-31-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 4450169)
I'm basically done with this panel alignment I will be doing a little filing with a body file to make it a little bit straighter but you can see the alignment looks much better.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5140/...245e9d4524.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5292/...a4121db1b1.jpg
Well on to the next panel.

Nice job man...perfect!

poncho_villa 01-31-2011 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This door treatment is art! I love the curves up by the cowl.

Kabwe 01-31-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAL 58 GMC (Post 4452697)
Nice job man...perfect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho_villa (Post 4452724)

Thanks guys.

I did not think people would be interested in this stuff because I find it boring and very tedious. Its actually the most important and the most aggravating part of the build.

I find panel alignment is where lots of people just fit the panel the best they can and say forget and move on.lol But it shows and if I did not do it I would be kicking myself.

R.A.D 01-31-2011 09:14 PM

thats the difference between one build and a great build. and the difference between a few and the majority. and the majority that has become the norm of that's good enough

Kabwe 01-31-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4453102)
thats the difference between one build and a great build. and the difference between a few and the majority. and the majority that has become the norm of that's good enough

True. I don't know nothing about a great build, but I'm doing the best I can. Then maybe, just maybe I will be satisfied. Naw that wont happen, but I can dream right?lol

R.A.D 02-01-2011 06:59 AM

i believe your doing more than just dreamin it.it looks to me like you are doing everything possible to achieve a great build

Kabwe 02-01-2011 03:52 PM

Thanks man. I try

drivea55 02-02-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poncho_villa (Post 4452724)

that is inspiring to say the least!

after seeing this, I am adding it to my "to do" list

thanks for showing your great work!

Brian :chevy:

Fat Mike 02-02-2011 11:23 PM

Your attention to detail is outstanding. Several of my friends are always giving me a hard time because they say I am taking to long. I don't care because I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks for the inspiration on the build and keep posting pictures even of the boring stuff.

Kabwe 02-03-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivea55 (Post 4458517)
that is inspiring to say the least!

after seeing this, I am adding it to my "to do" list

thanks for showing your great work!

All I can say is thank you very much, it means alot that you guys stop by and think enough of my build to leave comments. The comments and the words of encouragement inspire me to keep on pushing. Brian I took a look at your build and that was a massive job you pulled off. You are fearless my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Mike (Post 4458600)
Your attention to detail is outstanding. Several of my friends are always giving me a hard time because they say I am taking to long. I don't care because I just want to do it right the first time. Thanks for the inspiration on the build and keep posting pictures even of the boring stuff.

Mike you are doing all the right things and your mock up of the GM clip looks really good. Good job buddy. Its good that you like the boring stuff because I will be spending a lot time on it now.lol

R.A.D 02-03-2011 08:32 AM

i don't think boring is the word. i think you mean tedious..

Kabwe 02-03-2011 06:23 PM

Well its tedious that's for sure.

jjjmm56 02-04-2011 11:47 AM

The doors are looking great. It's long and tedious work but it all pays off in the end.

R.A.D 02-04-2011 08:25 PM

no arguement there.

Kabwe 02-04-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjmm56 (Post 4461723)
The doors are looking great. It's long and tedious work but it all pays off in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.A.D (Post 4462678)
no arguement there.

See that's why I love this site, you guys keep me motivated. All the nice comments on the old beast is greatly appreciated.

JJJmm56, your truck is looking great and its nice to know you have not forgotten about those of us who are still in the building stage.

bajabob 02-04-2011 09:07 PM

your work makes me think of a guy i work with.... who continually reminds the rest of the crew..... "any job large or small do it right or not at all"... I hate it when he says it cause we all know he is right and it forces us to look at our work and take the time we should to do it right the first time....

VDOG 02-04-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4462796)
your work makes me think of a guy i work with.... who continually reminds the rest of the crew..... "any job large or small do it right or not at all"... I hate it when he says it cause we all know he is right and it forces us to look at our work and take the time we should to do it right the first time....

Yeah Kabwe, Ditto to What Bajabob said.
I know im starting trouble again.

1lo67 02-06-2011 02:22 PM

Nice work.. Kabwe

Kabwe 02-06-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bajabob (Post 4462796)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 4462803)
Yeah Kabwe, Ditto to What Bajabob said.
I know im starting trouble again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1lo67 (Post 4466855)
Nice work.. Kabwe

Thanks guys.

drivea55 02-10-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Brian I took a look at your build and that was a massive job you pulled off. You are fearless my friend.
thanks dude!

that comment means a lot!

Kabwe 02-18-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivea55 (Post 4475381)
thanks dude!

that comment means a lot!

No problem, its the truth.

bowat6969 02-19-2011 07:56 PM

WOW!!!!!! That is a sweet build man!! You have some really good skills and I can appreciate that work you have put into it!! Looks great man!!

Keep it going!!