The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tilly to the rescue (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=553769)

clemdaddy 08-20-2013 02:50 PM

Re: tilly to the rescue

well, didn't help... still just 1 grainy photo at a time.
i thought things were back to normal... wrong.
sorry but i got trucks to build. its too much hassle to be a pic poster.
hope i can comment on everyone elses build, but this thread is dead.

Ta2Don 08-20-2013 03:18 PM

Bummer...:thud:

Guess I need to head Northwest to see what's up with your build! :burnout:

Bomp 08-22-2013 09:48 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

I'll keep tabs on ya .

Don't let this thing die. You've inspired me so much.

da_bears_da1 08-23-2013 09:42 AM

Hope you don't kill the thread! I will resize your pictures for you if you want to send them to me, just shot me a PM.

Dinos63 08-23-2013 12:43 PM

man that look like a ton of fun with all those hotrods..I know how ya feel clem, the posting pics just plain stinks.....

clemdaddy 08-25-2013 08:07 AM

ok, maybe not dead. just in a comma.
sorry... but posting frustration and not such a good time at work lately has been nagging on me.
and quite frankly, i miss being a part of this community.

thanks guys. i appreciate your support.

chevyrestoguy 08-25-2013 08:32 AM

This is a great thread. Please don't let it die!

A lot of people have been having problems posting pictures lately, but I haven't, and I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe if I give you the process that I use, it will help.

I have a Photobucket account, and after I download the pictures from the camera to the files in my computer, I log on to my Photobucket account and download those pictures from my computer file to Photobucket. It only takes a minute or two. Once I'm on one of my build threads, I'll have the Photobucket up as well, and when I am ready to post a picture, here's the way I do it:

Go on Photobucket, click on the picture you want to attach. When it comes up, you will see on the right side of the screen four options on how you want to attach the picture. Click on the "Direct" option, and it will show "copied" in the window. At this point, you have just loaded the address into the mouse just like you do when you cut and paste. Go to this site (67-72), and whatever thread you're attaching a picture and click the "insert image" icon from the bar at the top. When the window appears, backspace and remove the "http" that's highlighted and right click the mouse, click "paste", and drop the Photobucket address into the window. Done. I have been able to attach very large pictures with no issues at all. I have not had to shrink any of the pictures to get them to attach, either.

You'll need to create a Photobucket account, but it's easy and it's free. I have been doing it this way for years. Feel free to PM me, and I'll walk you through it.

Ta2Don 08-25-2013 12:23 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
:metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Jmorales3181 08-25-2013 12:46 PM

Nice explanation chevyrestoguy! That's exactly how I post my pics too only I have done all my posts from my iPhone.

Hope you get the process down I've been waiting for updates....well we all have been! Sometimes we get busy with life and work and one thing I forget to remember is this is a project:lol: for me anyway. I've been crazy busy myself between work and family time. I haven't been on here much and I miss being a part of this community as well. Without this forum my build wouldn't be a fraction of where I'm at today. :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Ta2Don 08-25-2013 01:01 PM

Well Said JMo!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 08-29-2013 12:30 AM

we need ya clem!

Alan's Classic 08-29-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6237467)
ok, maybe not dead. just in a comma.
sorry... but posting frustration and not such a good time at work lately has been nagging on me.
and quite frankly, i miss being a part of this community.

thanks guys. i appreciate your support.

All problems are temporary, hang in there. We all have these moments. Your a great asset here.

clemdaddy 08-30-2013 07:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
a little update on tilly... bed liner sprayed under cab. chassis completed, engine built and installed.

coulter 08-30-2013 07:55 PM

glad you got the picture problem figured out!!! flawless work as always man!!

clemdaddy 08-30-2013 08:00 PM

wow, it worked. i'm a bonneyfied picture poster again. a big thanks goes out to chevyrestoguy... i appreciate your guidance... and to alan, dino, ta2don, bomp, jmo and all the rest of my cyber buddies, thanks for hanging in there for this dumb ol' windbag to get it together.

now, where did i put the camera....

notsolo 08-30-2013 08:00 PM

Tilly has a nice bottom now ...and the BBW turned out nice also...the copper color springs awesome...Waiting for the magic to continue..Way to go Clem.

McMurphy 08-30-2013 09:30 PM

I too am very glad you did not kill the thread.
That would have sucked.

I think some of us feel that the tread is not about the builder, but the build. Even when the rig passes hands, the thread does not always die, and that is a pretty cool thing.

I like your photos, many a conversation between you and I have been over pics you posted.

No need to be frustrated Clem, I am back now.... :mm: ..... peek a boo !!

Ta2Don 08-30-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6246199)
wow, it worked. i'm a bonneyfied picture poster again. a big thanks goes out to chevyrestoguy... i appreciate your guidance... and to alan, dino, ta2don, bomp, jmo and all the rest of my cyber buddies, thanks for hanging in there for this dumb ol' windbag to get it together.

now, where did i put the camera....

:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 6246317)
I too am very glad you did not kill the thread.
That would have sucked.

I think some of us feel that the tread is not about the builder, but the build. Even when the rig passes hands, the thread does not always die, and that is a pretty cool thing.

I like your photos, many a conversation between you and I have been over pics you posted.

No need to be frustrated Clem, I am back now.... :mm: ..... peek a boo !!

:uhmk:

pdxhall 08-31-2013 02:56 AM

Nice job on the underside of the cab. I did the exact thing today and just posted pics. Eerily familiar.:c2:

da_bears_da1 08-31-2013 08:51 AM

Nice job and great to see the pics again!

clemdaddy 08-31-2013 09:27 AM

4 Attachment(s)
thanks, and its great to be posting again...

some of you guys know that here we fix a few trucks for others. mainly metal and body work and as i get closer to retirement i want to up the level of what happens at the station. well, its starting to happen...

meet kim and bens 65 C20 farm truck. the plan is to fix the bad rust issues while keeping the original paint patina. reupholster the seat. remove the saddle tanks that weren't supposed to be there. drop in a v-8. convert to overdrive auto trans. brake job, lots of electrical and fix everything so the truck is safe to drive.

Ta2Don 08-31-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6246790)
thanks, and its great to be posting again...

some of you guys know that here we fix a few trucks for others. mainly metal and body work and as i get closer to retirement i want to up the level of what happens at the station. well, its starting to happen...

meet kim and bens 65 C20 farm truck. the plan is to fix the bad rust issues while keeping the original paint patina. reupholster the seat. remove the saddle tanks that weren't supposed to be there. drop in a v-8. convert to overdrive auto trans. brake job, lots of electrical and fix everything so the truck is safe to drive.

Keeping The Patina...:metal:
Looks like fun just waiting to happen!!!:hot:

Dinos63 08-31-2013 08:12 PM

whoa!! on both trucks !! always to shelf work kat!

chevyrestoguy 09-01-2013 11:03 AM

That's awesome that the picture posting tutorial worked for you! I'm glad you're back to posting pictures, because I really enjoy this thread.

I really like Kim and Ben's C-20. With your magic touch, it'll be killer. I was wondering what the heck the things were above the rear wheel openings, and I figured that they were the fillers for the saddle tanks. Yeah, those have to go bye bye.

McMurphy 09-01-2013 02:42 PM

Nice little laundry list on that C-20 !!
That will keep you busy for a day or two.