The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

hdflstf 12-07-2007 09:37 PM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2476498)
You can come in a Yugo with a 350 for a motor, as long as you show up.
This is more of a meet and greet, not really inportant to drive your truck the first time. Some of our trucks are not road worthy yet.

Not worried about that, just hoping I've got it running by then.

VDOG 12-08-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2476928)
So whats the count now on who will be there?

Ok road worthy, as far as driving it,.....at all. Not complete projects but able to roll. At least you give yourself 2015, I dont when the heck mine will be ready. The count now is possible 5, confirmed 3.

VDOG 12-08-2007 01:17 PM

I started at page 1 and went through tha names and sent emails to members.
For those of you who know about the date on the 15th and I sent you the info again, please disregard. For my Inland Empire and San Diego brothern, I did not sent the info to you due to the distance, and some of you have said you cant make it. Hopefully in the future we can have one huge SoCal meet somewhere.

huero 12-08-2007 02:13 PM

Thanks, for all the organizing VDOG. :metal:

VDOG 12-08-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero (Post 2477981)
Thanks, for all the organizing VDOG. :metal:

Your Welcome!! The first post was from Dano69c10 on 4-7-05, i figured it was time. I was at CPP, a few months ago, and there was all these 55 Chevy trucks, all of them had some kind of nice paint, wheels, just fixed up nice and clean. At least 15 or more trucks, they all came from Vegas. They said they came down to visit the Socal chapter of their group and be part of some show, I think it was at Cormier Chevrolet. They said they helped each other out and most of them did there own work, like most of us.
The way life is now, most of us are not rich or we have familes that come before our projects. You might be good at paint, suspension might be my thing, someone else my be the bodywork person, but if we dont meet and talk, we would never know.

fercho71 12-11-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sik7t2 (Post 2468903)
hey fercho never heard of this one either everybodies in vited??? i live n el cajon, work in nasty city where lucitas i"ll show up sounds like a chillin good time hit me back

sorry broo i haven't check this thread for some time the guys are getting togheter this next Sunday at lucitas taco shop for a toy drive normally its free but because of the occasion and month the entry fee its a new unwrapped toy if your interested i see you this 16th its for a good cause check on this link

see you guys there !!!!!!!!

Fer

fercho71 12-11-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sik7t2 (Post 2468903)
hey fercho never heard of this one either everybodies in vited??? i live n el cajon, work in nasty city where lucitas i"ll show up sounds like a chillin good time hit me back

sorry broo haven't check this thread in some time the guys are getting together this next sunday at lucitas 16th. st. for a toy drive if you are interested i see you there you can check on this link

suzq044 12-14-2007 10:39 AM

we are picking up our '66 Panel truck this weekend finally :metal: - but we'll be a while before we can pick it up

suzq044 12-14-2007 10:39 AM

we are picking up our '66 Panel truck this weekend finally :metal: - but we'll be a while before we can drive it.

Kex 12-14-2007 10:47 AM

Problems Reading the Thread

I'm having trouble with the thread, so I can't check new posts: I can read all the early pages of the thread, but the last page (8, I think) won't load and I get some error message about cookies.

vBulletin Message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /var/www/vhosts/67-72chevytrucks.com/httpdocs/vboard/includes/class_core.php
Line: 3075

So, I have no idea what you guys are all up to right now! I'm hoping this post will work and that it will also cure the issue. Who knows though? Maybe I won't be able to view it either!

Wish me luck guys, and keep your fingers crossed!

Kabwe 12-16-2007 06:48 AM

The meet at Ricky’s and Ronnie’s is still on for tomorrow at 12:00 right? I don’t want to be the only one that shows up.

hdflstf 12-16-2007 07:24 AM

I'm still planning to be there. Even took a couple of days off to get ol' blue running.

VDOG 12-16-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2487772)
The meet at Ricky’s and Ronnie’s is still on for tomorrow at 12:00 right? I don’t want to be the only one that shows up.

I was having the same problem with the thread also. Yes tomorrow is still on at 12 noon. Since I dont know if there having something tomorrow at R&R"s I suggest we all try to park in the back. Unless someone else has a better idea.

huero 12-16-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2487883)
I was having the same problem with the thread also. Yes tomorrow is still on at 12 noon. Since I dont know if there having something tomorrow at R&R"s I suggest we all try to park in the back. Unless someone else has a better idea.

Even if there is something happening there, the parking is big enough for us to take a small corner somwhere in the lot:sumo:. In the event there is something happening, the parking lot behind R&R's will do.

Kex 12-16-2007 12:36 PM

Thread Problems

I still can't read the last page of posts in this thread. Hope you guys have a good meet-up tomorrow. I'm sure we'll read about it here (well ... eventually, I hope).

In the meantime, I'm going to have to contact an administrator somewhere to figure this one out.

Kex.

72 Pick Up 12-16-2007 01:23 PM

Costa Mesa here,
Just do it and say when

VDOG 12-16-2007 02:25 PM

The board or thread is messing up again, I could not read the last post, but the meet is still on for tomorrow 12 noon at Ricky and Ronnies on the corner of Sepulveda and Normandie in Harbor City.

huero 12-16-2007 05:14 PM

Can a mod fix the error in this thread?

huero 12-17-2007 03:23 PM

Hey, guys. I just want to thank everyone that showed up today. It was nice meeting new friends and seeing some cool rides. It, was also nice swapping stories and sharing info. for my build. There was alot of great idea's for my ride by just looking at the rides you guys drove to the meet. Can't wait till we do it again.
I say we start making plans for the next meet. For me it can't be soon enough. If, I haad known a *****in 55 was going to show up I would have brought my junky 63 Nova SS. :metal:

Kabwe 12-19-2007 04:28 AM

Thanks for the comment on my 55. You know you should have brought out that Nova. Yeah it was nice to meet some really cool people and see there projects. That 69 Blazer, 4 wheel drive, and 55 chevy truck were really really nice. Your buddy has a nice truck also. It was a lot of nice projects there also. Vdog is a really nice guy and I vote him the leader of the pack.lol

VDOG 12-19-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2491889)
Thanks for the comment on my 55. You know you should have brought out that Nova. Yeah it was nice to meet some really cool people and see there projects. That 69 Blazer, 4 wheel drive, and 55 chevy truck were really really nice. Your buddy has a nice truck also. It was a lot of nice projects there also. Vdog is a really nice guy and I vote him the leader of the pack.lol

See here you go with this leader business again. :lol:
Im just a member like the rest of you, in fact im waiting on suggestions from one of you for the next meet. LOL

huero 12-20-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2491889)
Vdog is a really nice guy and I vote him the leader of the pack.lol

Make that 2 votes for him being leader.
VDOG when is the next one?

crzngmychvy 12-20-2007 09:35 PM

Sounds like it was cool. I'll try to make the next one...

crzngmychvy 12-21-2007 06:06 AM

I think if we can make it to the next page it will stop doing what it is doing.

crzngmychvy 12-21-2007 06:06 AM

another bump