The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Finally...a new shop at the house (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=642984)

nlped 02-25-2019 09:53 PM

Re: Finally...a new shop at the house

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the 2nd half of my Red Baron toolcart. I won the top at SEMA a few years ago and forgot about it until a few weeks ago. So I finally bought the roll around cart... pretty cool.

mongocanfly 02-26-2019 04:15 AM

Hmmmm.....I could see disaster in my near future with that cart....I can just me me getting it all loaded down....and then turning it over...haha..

nlped 02-27-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8474850)
Hmmmm.....I could see disaster in my near future with that cart....I can just me me getting it all loaded down....and then turning it over...haha..

:lol:

But, FYI .... the base is quite bottom heavy and seems mighty sturdy. I rolled around on it and didn’t flip over...& I’m fluffy :(

Advanced Design 02-28-2019 12:06 AM

That cart would be handy, and way more organized than my tool drawers, as Greg can attest to from our Wire and Fire.

Big Moose 03-11-2019 03:21 PM

That is a pretty neat tool cart

nlped 07-10-2019 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advanced Design (Post 8476295)
That cart would be handy, and way more organized than my tool drawers, as Greg can attest to from our Wire and Fire.

LmAO!!! I have moved into it and really like it a lot, but I still have my regular tool cart too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Moose (Post 8484927)
That is a pretty neat tool cart

Thanks moose! I dig it too

I added a new (to me anyway) tool to the shop tonight. It works as it should, but I’ll need to service it and clean it up, so it’ll be PuRtY.

nlped 07-16-2019 07:55 PM

I’ve been cleaning up the ‘new to me’ A/C machine. I rebuilt the vacuum pump and put new oil in it and checked all the lines (which checked out to be good). Now I just have to learn how to work it :lol:

nlped 08-05-2019 10:14 PM

After educating myself (YouTube) on the way to use the new a/c machine, my ‘87 R10 has cold a/c!!!

:metal:

nlped 08-31-2019 02:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got some really nice LED droplight reels from my wife for my birthday last week. So, I spent a couple of hours this morning mounting them next to my extension cord reels that she got me last year.. yeah, my WIFE!
She’s the BeSt :metal:

I still have a cordless LED droplight, but I won’t lose these, nor will the battery go dead midway through a project.

nlped 01-12-2020 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve still been tinkering in the shop. Just a little proof. Servicing my Polaris Ranger on the lift...

1972K20 02-06-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlped (Post 8658806)
I’ve still been tinkering in the shop. Just a little proof. Servicing my Polaris Ranger on the lift...

I may have missed it. What's the height are the walls?

It looks great!

nlped 02-06-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1972K20 (Post 8673543)
I may have missed it. What's the height are the walls?

It looks great!

Wall height is 14’. But if I had it to do over, I would have gone 16’.

nlped 03-01-2020 08:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't do $hit to Walter this weekend, but I did some cleaning and organizing in the shop. i.e...new bolt & crap bin.

Also a new Beer Drinkin’ sign and a shot of the shop dogs

rgunlock 03-04-2020 03:22 PM

Good to get the shop organized. I need to do the same in mine.

Mind if I ask where you got your bolt bins? I've been looking for some and most of what I find have cheap frames and plastic bins. Been there, done that and the bins get brittle and crack.

nlped 03-05-2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgunlock (Post 8689068)
Good to get the shop organized. I need to do the same in mine.

Mind if I ask where you got your bolt bins? I've been looking for some and most of what I find have cheap frames and plastic bins. Been there, done that and the bins get brittle and crack.

I bought them from Zoro.com. If you do some searching, you can find 25% off coupons, so they are very reasonable. They are made by Durham and seem to be plenty beefy. I’m actually going to get 3 more, I like them so much.

rgunlock 03-05-2020 09:42 PM

Thanks! Looks like Durham has a good selection. Now to decide how many, where to put them, open-bin style versus removable bins... so many decisions :lol:

Chevys4life 04-21-2020 11:07 AM

I have a question for you Cater. Will that tempered glass start to cloud up after you start blasting in your cabinet?

nlped 04-21-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevys4life (Post 8721722)
I have a question for you Cater. Will that tempered glass start to cloud up after you start blasting in your cabinet?

It probably will eventually, but it’s been well over a year and it’s still clear as, well, a window. And at $8, it’ll be easy to replace.

nlped 05-12-2020 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scored a used (but looks new) Liftmaster Jackshaft garage door opener over the weekend. Had to get a chain master-link and a 3-button controller, but otherwise it’s installed & wired. Once I get it finalized, I’ll throw the cover on and then PoWaH.

nlped 05-13-2020 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the opener finalized & like it, but it turns out that I can add sensors to prevent hitting anything when closing. With those, I can change the programming and use an opener to open/close it!?!? Winner!

FWIW, my youngest daughter made me the sign :)

nlped 05-13-2020 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also bought 3 more bins from Durham so that I can organize stuff at my work bench. I’m planning to get then hung this weekend.

nlped 10-18-2020 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got a chance to hang the new storage bins and I built a 10’x32” workbench too. I’m going to pull some power to the bench so I can get some light and a collection of plugs for powah and a charging bank.

studeclunker 10-19-2020 12:15 PM

Is that a lift photobombing in the left-lower corner? Niiiiice!

nlped 10-19-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studeclunker (Post 8824424)
Is that a lift photobombing in the left-lower corner? Niiiiice!

Absolutely!!! I have a 2-post 9k lift and a 14k 4-post lift with jacks. I really want a 2nd 2-post lift. One for longer term stuff and one for super short term service type work.