The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mcgaughys Big Brake Kit (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=358207)

PBFAB.COM 12-27-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Mcgaughys Big Brake Kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurlyCrew (Post 6437120)
Ok thanks for the info, thought the price was too good to be true and any good, LOL

It was a really good price for the kit... the front is an easy install, but the rear required more work.

The main problem we stopped selling them was due to their backorder. They didn't know when they would have more, and after waiting several months with no firm delivery time we had to cancel orders and refund money.

Nate

C10_ustacould 12-27-2013 05:55 PM

I installed a CPP rear kit and I was impressed with how complete it was and the ease of installation. If CPP made a true 13" Front and 13" Rear kit I would be all over it, but there kit is 13"/12". :( I just can't deal with the lack of uniformity. Damn you OCD!! I intend to use the Wilwood 14" front and rear kits with their 7/8" bore master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve on my '71 project.

BurlyCrew 12-27-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 6437126)
It was a really good price for the kit... the front is an easy install, but the rear required more work.

The main problem we stopped selling them was due to their backorder. They didn't know when they would have more, and after waiting several months with no firm delivery time we had to cancel orders and refund money.

Nate

Thanks for the info, so the rear kits you did install were they stock axles or aftermarket that caused problems? what brand, etc..??

PBFAB.COM 12-27-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurlyCrew (Post 6437533)
Thanks for the info, so the rear kits you did install were they stock axles or aftermarket that caused problems? what brand, etc..??

Wether you use stock axles or aftermarket they need to be machined so that the rotor fits over the outer flange.

Nate

BurlyCrew 12-27-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 6437544)
Wether you use stock axles or aftermarket they need to be machined so that the rotor fits over the outer flange.

Nate

Okay thank you....

BurlyCrew 12-27-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucks68 (Post 6437224)
I installed a CPP rear kit and I was impressed with how complete it was and the ease of installation. If CPP made a true 13" Front and 13" Rear kit I would be all over it, but there kit is 13"/12". :( I just can't deal with the lack of uniformity. Damn you OCD!! I intend to use the Wilwood 14" front and rear kits with their 7/8" bore master cylinder and adjustable proportioning valve on my '71 project.

Yeah I would definitely want a matching size front and rear that isn't overkill price like wilwoods are, hmmmm I guess I can deal with getting some axles machined down....

stickelspeed 02-01-2014 11:49 AM

Does anyone know if the McGauphys caliper and hub (from their 13" kit) will work with CPP's modular spindle and caliper bracket?

I need to narrow my track width and it would be great if that didn't require replacing my brakes as well.