The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   thinking about getting this in the morning (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=722712)

Ski-me 06-22-2017 10:52 AM

Re: thinking about getting this in the morning

I get a lot....."Nice Bronco!" :)

Looking Good on the engine!

schpeen 06-22-2017 05:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
made some progress and picked up some parts so we can finish
dropped the gas tank to remove the pump and then put the carb on

schpeen 06-22-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 7973619)

Looking Good on the engine!

pretty funny thank you jeff suspect we fire it up tomorrow then i have to get a new tail pipe i was thinking of running duals but out the same side same location where it is now but try to run 2 pipes side by side and welded together with 2 mufflers stacked and welded and maybe fit an x pipe in somewhere

schpeen 06-24-2017 09:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
few more items to lock down and we are ready to fire it up

68Timber 06-25-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 7973619)

I don't mind when a gal calls one of my Blazers a Bronco but when it comes from a dude I wonder about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 7975672)
few more items to lock down and we are ready to fire it up

Sweeeeet. The polished serpentine accessories look great!

schpeen 06-28-2017 09:35 PM

it lives!

schpeen 06-28-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 7976627)
I don't mind when a gal calls one of my Blazers a Bronco but when it comes from a dude I wonder about them.

Sweeeeet. The polished serpentine accessories look great!

someone had dropped the serpentine set up off at my mechanic to have them coated and never came back to pick them up so he let me have them for the cost of coating and they happen to match the coated headers so I kinda lucked out on that one. lol

schpeen 06-29-2017 02:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
way more than what I intended to do but it's like when I use to take my kids to toys r us and let them get what they wanted. the blazer was asking for some bark! Jeez when you fire it up now it sounds like there is definitely something going on over here! lol. Reminds me of the 38' top gun we once owned.

:smoke:

68Timber 06-30-2017 01:50 AM

Vid!

schpeen 07-01-2017 08:46 AM

little bit more power over that stock motor!

video not posting for me I cut it down to 9 sec and still not posting

Ski-me 07-11-2017 10:24 AM

Amazing job! Well done!

schpeen 07-11-2017 10:54 PM

nothing too fancy. just bringing an old truck back to life and doing my best to eliminate all the weakest links. went into the transmission shop today to get a makeover on the 700R4 high performance rebuild kit and whatever else my buddy at trans shop planned on doing to beef it up then to my driveline guy to have the rear diff shimmed up a tad to decrease the angle and get the driveshaft lengthened. Does anyone run slip yoke eliminator kits on these like the jeep guys do on the TJ's?

schpeen 07-11-2017 10:59 PM

pro flow mufflers are really cool not too bad driving normal but as soon as you get into the skinny pedal it barks like a Harley with straight pipes in a tunnel I ran the dual pipes all the way to the back and they both exit on the drivers side. man does it sound good!!!

I love it. :metal:

schpeen 07-12-2017 09:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got it back from the transmission shop and she is shifting perfect up and down and we installed an electric lock out for the highway.

I installed the hood insulation kit with the chevy hard plastic cover. It came with the thick insulation cut outs you glue in place and then you tape all the edges with the alum tape.

also replaced the glove box hardware so it closes nice and tight now. I think this may have been the last rattle I've had to chase down. I flew over some railroad tracks today and I am pretty sure we caught a little air and not one squeak or rattle.

SanitysBane 07-13-2017 11:16 AM

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but where did you get that A/C hose? I have an older blazer and upgraded to a serpentine belt setup that moved the A/C compressor to the opposite side of the engine bay.

Ski-me 07-19-2017 03:00 PM

AC Delco 153867 or 15641231 was for my 1989 Blazer.

350 serpentine belt setup.

schpeen 07-25-2017 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
few upgrades. had to install a vacuum pump and a new brake reservoir

also installed the wire harness from LMC to rewire the front window motors. they go up and down like new!

schpeen 08-16-2017 02:20 PM

got the blazer back this week

3" Superlift soft ride kit
dropped the transfer case a little and changed the pitch of the rear by using new blocks
lengthened driveshaft

68Timber 08-16-2017 03:10 PM

No pics? You're going to want bigger shoes.:)

Ski-me 08-16-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8017939)

Yep!

Now after all that, new tires, etc, would you go and add a lift?!? :uhmk:

I'll agree with Timber....probably going to have to increase tire size.

Of course, I did the same thing. Sold the 35" mud terrain tires and put on 33" all terrains because I was thinking the girls (my kids) would be driving it to school and the smaller tires would be more manageable. I even took the lift off (2.5") and tried to go to stock.

After all that work, my wife and kids said "Dad, it looks kinda wimpy now. Liked it before I touched it." Great.....that was nice to hear!

So I switched it back to the lift (lets just say that was a long weekend!) Finally back to 33's and 2.5" lift. It just bugged me and didn't look proportional. Finally got fed up and sold the 33's and bought the 35's. It just looks better now. And no rubbing! :metal:

schpeen 08-16-2017 04:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68Timber (Post 8017939)

no sir the 33's ride perfect I've run 31's, 33's 35's and 37's. I like the 33's the best Imo the bigger size alway looks better yes but I drive the crap out of my trucks and love the 33" KM2 Blazer is so agile now it feels like I can just throw it around and it is right there with no silliness going on LOL

I want to add a twin stick next

schpeen 08-16-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ski-me (Post 8017983)
Yep!

Now after all that, new tires, etc, would you go and add a lift?!? :uhmk:

I'll agree with Timber....probably going to have to increase tire size.

Of course, I did the same thing. Sold the 35" mud terrain tires and put on 33" all terrains because I was thinking the girls (my kids) would be driving it to school and the smaller tires would be more manageable. I even took the lift off (2.5") and tried to go to stock.

After all that work, my wife and kids said "Dad, it looks kinda wimpy now. Liked it before I touched it." Great.....that was nice to hear!

So I switched it back to the lift (lets just say that was a long weekend!) Finally back to 33's and 2.5" lift. It just bugged me and didn't look proportional. Finally got fed up and sold the 33's and bought the 35's. It just looks better now. And no rubbing! :metal:

it only came up an inch in the back because it had an add a leaf back there before but it brought the front up 2.5 inches and straightened out the driveline so no more vibration on acceleration! drives great now

schpeen 08-16-2017 04:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 8017992)
it only came up an inch in the back because it had an add a leaf back there before but it brought the front up 2.5 inches and straightened out the driveline so no more vibration on acceleration! drives great now

no more negative arch on the front springs

68Timber 08-17-2017 01:35 AM

I forgot you already had 33's. I've got the same lift/tire on my 85, love the combo.

Ski-me 08-29-2017 08:52 AM

Did you get your rear vent windows figured out? I was at the junkyard last weekend and saw an 86' blazer with the glass vents....