The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ChevyLand ‘The Truck Photo Tour’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=757290)

57taskforce 10-09-2022 12:14 AM

Re: ChevyLand ‘The Truck Photo Tour’

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 9132151)
I’ve got to appreciate that answer :dohh:
How would you ever remember where a dumpy old converted flatbed came from
When this is, Possibly, only
1/10th
Of the trucks that have ever passed
Through
Independence, Mo.
:fry:

Now that’s funny! :lol:

67olds 10-09-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 9131122)
Hmm…

I happen to have one of those laying around....

Chevyland 10-09-2022 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9132041)
Hmm. Good question. The rear drop is very noticeable. I do think 1-1.5” or so off the front would match nicely.

Any other plans, or keep it like it is?

I’m all over the place on the Uncle truck
For some reason I get excited about c30’s flatbeds
Probably because I’ve hade a bunch over the years in the company
I’ve had a c30 super Longhorn before
But
This is the first Super I’ve ever had in flatbed configuration
My inclination now is just to buff it and drive it
The bed is not the best
I’m now, trying to knock out the side boards
If I ever paint it
I’ll put a new bed on it

This is another 157 wheelbase truck we used for the company, years ago
I loved the stance on it
That is what I lowered uncle in the rear

CG 10-09-2022 02:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Down a touch in front ...

Chevyland 10-09-2022 10:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks CG
That might be the way to go
I just got off the phone, with
“Uncle’s” Uncle
We were laughing about how the truck
Kinda looked,
Like a rooster, missing his tail feathers
:eek:

Chevyland 10-09-2022 10:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Very different
Than the 71 I had a while back

Steeveedee 10-09-2022 10:49 PM

:lol: Man, this stuff is funny!

68bowtie 10-09-2022 10:50 PM

I see it.

Buck buck.

CG 10-09-2022 11:15 PM

Wow that 71 had room for a dance on the bed.

special-K 10-10-2022 08:39 AM

I always liked the look of a bobbed 157" flatbed. You'd see that on trucks that towed a machine regularly

dave6672 10-10-2022 12:44 PM

I though that one looked familiar Eric. I remember checking it out in at the SETN and thinking how cool it was. Congrats!

72 tigger 10-11-2022 06:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Speaking of roosters….

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/l8SbUmm10m0

Ol Blue K20 10-11-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9132789)

That's hilarious!! :lol::lol::lol:

Chevyland 10-12-2022 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Little more progress
Now a buff
And
Maybe some stainless wheel simulator’s ?

Getter-Done 10-12-2022 07:44 PM

Looking Good:metal:

My vote in the Poll is :lol:

No
On the simulator’s ;)

Those wheels look Right.:chevy::chevy::chevy:

uncle 10-13-2022 05:59 AM

👍🏻Or maybe some black wheels. I contemplated painting them black and doing what you did to the bed.

3757chevy 10-13-2022 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like what Mike did with his 19.5s on his GMC .

Jiggers72-GMC 10-14-2022 07:15 AM

Agreed ^^^^^ those wheels look great as does the whole truck

also, no on the simulator’s

Killer Bee 10-14-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 9133357)
Little more progress
Now a buff
And
Maybe some stainless wheel simulator’s ?

my professional advice as a large fleet supervisor - no wheel covers on duals..

they offer absolutely nothing in performance gains and actually inhibit proper wheel and tire maintenance and inspection..

lug, stud, hub, brake, and wheel inspection and most importantly tire inflation are all hindered by aftermarket full wheel covers..

principally, valve extensions are the enemy of maintaining consistent proper inflation that is paramount for safe medium and heavy duty truck operation..

I can't even begin to count how many of our light and medium duty trucks that were delivered with those get tossed in scrap metal bin and drivers rattle can their wheels to taste..

and besides all that - they're fake and they look fake.. also often noisy - creaky and clanky..

powder coated or painted steel wheels and painted hubs and a fresh set of lug nuts are functional and look great..

black, white, grey, silver, body color, etc. all will look better over time and perform better and safer..

polished alcoa, accuride, etc. alloys or chrome plated steel are the way to go if you like shiny..

remember - chrome won't get you home

CG 10-14-2022 09:30 AM

Personally I like them and have them on my C30. But it’s not a fleet truck that is in constant use.

Sheepdip 10-14-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9133810)
my professional advice as a large fleet supervisor - no wheel covers on duals..

they offer absolutely nothing in performance gains and actually inhibit proper wheel and tire maintenance and inspection..

lug, stud, hub, brake, and wheel inspection and most importantly tire inflation are all hindered by aftermarket full wheel covers..

principally, valve extensions are the enemy of maintaining consistent proper inflation that is paramount for safe medium and heavy duty truck operation..

I can't even begin to count how many of our light and medium duty trucks that were delivered with those get tossed in scrap metal bin and drivers rattle can their wheels to taste..

and besides all that - they're fake and they look fake.. also often noisy - creaky and clanky..

powder coated or painted steel wheels and painted hubs and a fresh set of lug nuts are functional and look great..

black, white, grey, silver, body color, etc. all will look better over time and perform better and safer..

polished alcoa, accuride, etc. alloys or chrome plated steel are the way to go if you like shiny..

remember - chrome won't get you home

We think alike...I never warmed up to those simulators.

Steeveedee 10-14-2022 12:37 PM

We had a saying when I grew up, "If it don't go, chrome it!". Though that was technically used for vehicles that had no speed mods.

Sheepdip 10-14-2022 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9133872)
We had a saying when I grew up, "If it don't go, chrome it!". Though that was technically used for vehicles that had no speed mods.

Yep...same thing but we said "All Show and No Go"

Killer Bee 10-14-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9133824)
Personally I like them and have them on my C30. But it’s not a fleet truck that is in constant use.

not bagging on your taste, they can look sharp if not tweaked or banged up and installed properly.. our E450 motorhome came with pacifics which are decent quality and look decent on the coach..

admittedly, I haven't yanked them off permanently yet but in the plans for this off season.. major holdup is finding time to dismount all 6 tires and take the wheels to primos in hb for powdercoating..

point is a lot of folks won't go through the extra trouble to avoid the issues I stated above.. after all the failures I've seen I know what to look for and until I'm ready to remove them for good I'm willing to take the extra steps.. for instance I reinforced my extensions where they don't stress the valve stem so much.. they're not attractive but my tp checks rarely require adjustment.. hub leaks, wet brakes, wheel cracks, etc. are less common but I remove and replace those dang things to inspect on my pre-trips anyway to avoid surprises - I hate surprises..

I also understand most of us are not engaged in commercial use of our trucks or rvs but observing those standards would probably save a lot headaches and accidents.. sudden loss of tp in one tire is bad enough but it's even more exciting when its overloaded companion heats up and lets go..

when traveling with my family several thousand miles in a 14k lb vehicle I'm inclined to be extremely cautious.. it makes for a lot more comfortable driving without worrying about that kind of stuff..

not trying to preach but the primary function of my profession is on road vehicle safety.. keep a sharp eye on things, especially those pesky valve extensions and you should be fine.. good luck!

allchevy58 10-14-2022 10:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have these on my 64 dually. 2006 wheels, caps and rings.