The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Project "SWISS CHEESE" the 68 Camaro (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=384390)

noonzor 10-15-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Project "SWISS CHEESE" the 68 Camaro

unreal job james! that was a massive undertaking and i sure hope the owner properly appreciates all youve done!

so now that the swiss cheese is out whos moving in? nuke gettin work? maybe this body swap gto? so many choices!!! lol

northern 85 10-16-2012 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good your ready to finish mine!LolAttachment 999484
Quote:

Originally Posted by noonzor (Post 5648010)
unreal job james! that was a massive undertaking and i sure hope the owner properly appreciates all youve done!

so now that the swiss cheese is out whos moving in? nuke gettin work? maybe this body swap gto? so many choices!!! lol

mcbassin 10-16-2012 09:00 PM

Awesome job finishing this project James! If it was me doing it, I would have had double your time. :) looking forward to your next adventure.
Posted via Mobile Device

nuke1 10-17-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonzor (Post 5648010)

I wish me, however my garage is currently getting a facelift!!!!! gonna be nice when done. And thank you Kyle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by northern 85 (Post 5651014)
Good your ready to finish mine!Lol

Done and done, would love to, get her up here!!!! love them camaros

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 5651112)
Awesome job finishing this project James! If it was me doing it, I would have had double your time. :) looking forward to your next adventure.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOl, I sure did think about it, i will say that. But we will see. As for the next adventure I have to first finish the reno on my garage, do some simple body mods to a friends new truck, then I have a 68 ford truck showing up. Will be a nice ride there!

Dieselwrencher 10-18-2012 07:40 PM

Amazing job James, and cute kiddos you have! I've got a 68 GS400 that could use your love. :lol:

nuke1 10-18-2012 10:53 PM

Oh? a 68 GS, now that sounds like fun and i bet she needs some loving!!!! Send her up here. lol. I could use a Turbo'd Cummins for something also.

nuke1 10-18-2012 11:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought I would share some parting shots of this thing. Bye bye. :metal:

Swiss looking into the bright sunshine for the first time since her facelift, gonna be hard for her to brave her new life, but I have faith that all will be well.

YBNORML 10-18-2012 11:04 PM

Sweet! You should take one of the finish pics and the one where it first came back from the sandblasters and do a before and after poster and put it on the wall in your shop, because that is something to be proud of. Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

BMERDOC 10-18-2012 11:06 PM

As a fellow Car Guy I feel obligated to thank you for breathing new life in an otherwise useless hulk! **sniff sniff sigh** I hope all those who say "Dude, it was just too far gone to save" see this and take note. Awesome job. I hope you will continue to post more progress pics from time to time so we can see how it comes along.

nuke1 10-18-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YBNORML (Post 5655573)
Sweet! You should take one of the finish pics and the one where it first came back from the sandblasters and do a before and after poster and put it on the wall in your shop, because that is something to be proud of. Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

I like that idea, when it gets done I will. I have a feeling that I may be doing more yet to this car than I think. we will see. But there will be updates for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMERDOC (Post 5655581)
As a fellow Car Guy I feel obligated to thank you for breathing new life in an otherwise useless hulk! **sniff sniff sigh** I hope all those who say "Dude, it was just too far gone to save" see this and take note. Awesome job. I hope you will continue to post more progress pics from time to time so we can see how it comes along.

I could not agree more, no one thought that I could bring this back to life. I knoew I could, there was a lot of ppl running me down up here that i could not do it, well there was my motivation ther, don't tell me I can not do it, cause that just means I am gonna do it!!!!!!!!

CURSED GEARS 10-19-2012 07:11 AM

Seeing all your hard work on that flatbed like that made me a little nervous. Looked top heavy. Sounds like it made it home alright.

nuke1 10-20-2012 04:05 AM

The first time I sent a car out on the flatbed on the whirly majig, I was nervous also, But this is not the first time, I seen how stable it is, and it is tied down pretty darn good also!

mcbassin 07-04-2017 09:24 PM

You never posted any pictures of this car finished....

67ChevyRedneck 07-06-2017 09:03 AM

That was as far as he was going to take this one. The owner was supposed to have it finished from here.

It would be cool to see pics if he still see's the owner.

nuke1 01-08-2018 01:18 AM

I never got to know how far it got. It got sold and from there gone.

7dee2 01-08-2018 11:24 AM

Kind of late to this thread but I must say OMG!

Yur a rock star James!
:metal::metal::5150::metal::metal: