The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Ice cream getter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=386852)

ColoradoK5 01-08-2014 08:00 PM

Re: Ice cream getter

Sweet seats those switches came out nice form and function. dont blame you for not pulling it outside my K5 isnt close to yours and its parked all winter

SONOSADSACK 01-12-2014 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim, here’s a doodle of what I’d like to do with the Jeepster. Don’t laugh, it the best I could do with MS Paint. I’d like to build something to run trails and sand dunes and not worry too much about things like scratches. I also wanted something a little different.

jaros44sr 01-12-2014 01:59 PM

Yep, thats about where i thought you might go...looks good, do they make lift kits for it, what kinda axles does it run? Is it 2 wd?

SONOSADSACK 01-12-2014 03:34 PM

Its 2wd. The body is about all I’ll be using and that will even see some tweaking. The chassis is in really good shape but it’s all really wimpy construction. I’d like to build new frame rails and go from there. Purpose built but with a budget. Parts gathering as they surface has already begun. I am not a fabricator but always have a good time trying and this project really lends itself to anything goes. Like I said it’s going to be awhile before I have the chance to start on it. A friend of mine is trying to convince me it would make a better rat rod/gasser. Time will tell.

jaros44sr 01-12-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONOSADSACK (Post 6467146)
Its 2wd. The body is about all I’ll be using and that will even see some tweaking. The chassis is in really good shape but it’s all really wimpy construction. I’d like to build new frame rails and go from there. Purpose built but with a budget. Parts gathering as they surface has already begun. I am not a fabricator but always have a good time trying and this project really lends itself to anything goes. Like I said it’s going to be awhile before I have the chance to start on it. A friend of mine is trying to convince me it would make a better rat rod/gasser. Time will tell.

Ok, dont think ive ever seen a gasser/jeepster

Tom Vogel 01-13-2014 10:22 AM

I think Your idea is better. Love it actually. Makes me want one.

Low Elco 01-13-2014 11:06 AM

Google Ed Lenarth.

I like the 4x4 version. Pro touring with no top would be fun too!

I don't think you'll have any problem with the Fab end.

SONOSADSACK 04-28-2014 09:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It’s been a few months and I should probably have lots to share but a little will have to do. I finally got around to tackling the fuel system. Originally I had planned to run E85 and use a poly tank with an external pump but… after way too much reading and debating back and forth I wound up going with an altered steel tank and an internal pump. I am also now no longer planning to run E85.
I choose to use Aeromotive’s Phantom Stealth Fuel System with the 340 pump. The pump assembly required more room above the tank than what was available so some modifying was necessary. When I mocked up the tank I also moved the inlet to a better location. Everything has been plumbed with the exception of venting and all of the wiring has been completed. I’ll snap some pictures next time I’m under it.

SONOSADSACK 04-28-2014 09:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As I was starting all of this I also was about to send some interior pieces out for chrome plating. My fuel filler was looking pretty sad so I sent it along too. Once it was installed I had to laugh at myself for not remembering how little actually showed. Oh well, it needed some kind of coating.

jaros44sr 04-29-2014 12:09 PM

Very clever solution for a problem, wish i would have thought of that, wouldve saved me alot of time. Very well done as usual.....

Great ideas come from this board!

Low Elco 04-29-2014 12:49 PM

I dont know.... maybe a beefier fuel system. (LOL)

Lookin good as hail! Can't wait to see it going down the road!

jimbug 04-29-2014 11:29 PM

Wow your blazer came out fantastic! The green looks great. My best friend in hs had a green 72' long bed.. We had lots of fun in that thing.
Enjoy your ice cream runs!!!

Low Elco 06-12-2014 03:18 PM

Time for Ice Cream! What's up?

SONOSADSACK 07-15-2014 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ice cream! Man, I wish! I need to change the name of this thread to "Pain in my @$$". In over my head would do too but it has already been taken. Everything is about finished with a few exceptions but now I'm chasing gremlins with the transmission. Had to have an outdoor photo shoot for the insurance company. Now I have an insured garage nic-nac. Anyway, thanks for asking. I will eventually post up a bunch of pics from where I left off.

jaros44sr 07-15-2014 08:50 PM

I dont care if it runs or not, it looks like a million bucks...im sure youll get the bugs worked out, just give it time. Glad to see youre that far along in your build

Bomp 07-15-2014 10:15 PM

You'll be tearing around soon.
Your build has influenced me in so many ways.
Copied pics of your paint booth so when the time comes for me I have references.
The color of your rig is Killer
The list goes on and on.
Hang in there. Im gonna be the first to vote for ya when the time comes!

Corndog777 07-16-2014 12:15 AM

I think it is officially my favorite color!
It's beautiful

Gillnetter 07-16-2014 01:45 AM

Blazer looks great! Good job.

mtully79 07-16-2014 11:37 AM

Just keep headed towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

Great work and attention to detail, you'll enjoy that ride for years to come.

A1971Blazer 07-16-2014 12:40 PM

If you don't mind my asking, what brand/color number is that paint?
My '71 was originally factory "dark green" and that is what is shown on the SPID.
I would maybe want to go back to green but not that original factory green.
Thanks!

Low Elco 07-16-2014 02:34 PM

That is Bad Ass! Congrats!

jaros44sr 12-20-2014 06:44 PM

Any updates? Kinda quiet over here....

K20chevy 02-12-2015 04:20 PM

That blazer looks amazing!

Have you worked out the bugs? Would love to see completed pics and some info on how the deavers work...

Will you put the hickey roll bar back in?

SONOSADSACK 02-17-2015 07:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A71
Sorry for the long delay but if you’re still interested in the paint; it is Matrix B/C. The can says Dark green but it’s their formula for GM’s Dark Olive Poly. It is an original 1972 GM truck color.

SONOSADSACK 02-17-2015 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
K20
I replaced the old bar with a four point over the rear passenger area. Our local sand dunes require either a bar to be behind the rear passenger’s heads or they must wear helmets. The bar is not really visible with the top on but I mounted permanent fastening plates to the tub allowing for easy removal when not wanted. The picture was taken before I had the bar powder coated.