The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   68 C10 Project FROSTBYTE Extreme Dropmember (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=591897)

ridinlow68 09-24-2014 11:22 PM

Re: 68 C10 Project FROSTBYTE Extreme Dropmember

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westcoastpainter (Post 6851925)
hey rick, nice build so far man like it! love the wheels looking good. good luck with the move man. i noticed something in your earlier pages of this build. now i may be wrong, but it looks like you have the front tubular crossmember in the wrong spot. what u have to do is drill out the oem rivets holding the rad support mounts and bolt the crossmember through those four holes on each side. thats what i did on mine. maybe u just threw it in the frame earlier for mock up sake not sure. just trying to help.. i will keep my eye on this sweet build

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it! Nice catch with the tubular crossmember, I had that one mocked up there and then later realized that it's actually the rear crossmember at the back of the frame. The holes just lined up so well in the front though! Thanks for keeping an eye out!

jcramsey 09-26-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinlow68 (Post 6850710)
Well, small update on the progress of the truck, big update on life. The body works been moving along slow, but the funds really aren't there for it, so it's ok that it's going at slower pace.

The big update is that we found out the first week of August that my wife got the job out in Ohio! So we are moving out to Columbus, OH, the first week of October. We are actually in the process of buying our first house, so we're putting everything towards that right now. My truck will stay in Maine until next spring and then we'll tow it out to Ohio. I'm going to have to find a body shop in the Columbus area, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey Rick,

Congrats to your wife on getting the new job and the new house. Hope the move goes smoothly! Totally selfish of me, but I was literally telling my wife this morning that I wish I knew someone in Columbus who could pick something up for me. I may have to ask a favor of you if you are willing. I'll shoot you a PM soon.

Jeremy

ridinlow68 10-01-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcramsey (Post 6857575)
Hey Rick,

Congrats to your wife on getting the new job and the new house. Hope the move goes smoothly! Totally selfish of me, but I was literally telling my wife this morning that I wish I knew someone in Columbus who could pick something up for me. I may have to ask a favor of you if you are willing. I'll shoot you a PM soon.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy! We'll be getting into the Columbus area this Saturday, so let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

jcramsey 10-01-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinlow68 (Post 6863250)
Thanks Jeremy! We'll be getting into the Columbus area this Saturday, so let me know and I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks bud, I appreciate that. I will let you know. Looking at bidding on an item so we will see if I win it. Ya'll have a safe trip to Columbus!

jcramsey 10-06-2014 10:41 AM

Didn't win what I was looking at but I really appreciate you even considering helping me out. If I can ever do anything for you please let me know! Hope the move went well and you are settling in to your new place.

kvn1011 05-06-2015 11:04 PM

very nice build!!!