The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

chad64chevy 05-03-2016 07:02 PM

Re: tuba trucks

blue an white truck looks great! when I seen it, it was in the paint booth! keep it up Clem, have you got another delivery of the parts stash yet

Low Elco 05-04-2016 01:05 PM

Beautiful stuff, Clem!

Johnny_Lamebridge 05-04-2016 02:36 PM

:agree:

One beautiful resto after another. Amazing attention to the finer details.

clemdaddy 05-23-2016 02:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7581441)
Beautiful trucks!

thanks Bill, be sure you keep the 3rd weekend of October open for another road trip in the Mule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 7581528)
blue an white truck looks great! when I seen it, it was in the paint booth! keep it up Clem, have you got another delivery of the parts stash yet

no new parts yet but thanks for your help sorting out the first delivery...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7582395)
Beautiful stuff, Clem!

thanks bro, I hope Donnie can bring his beautiful truck to the cruise-in this year... and I hope you can make it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7582489)
:agree:

One beautiful resto after another. Amazing attention to the finer details.

I appreciate it Johnny...

I mentioned to Rian (Griz) that Tuba has been working on stuff thats off year and off brand and he said that we should show it anyway. so, over the next couple of days, we will. but first is something that is near and dear to me. this 51 one-ton is my 3rd truck ever to frame-up build, finished in 1983 and sold that very day. well, she has come home and will become my new daily driver.

White knuckle Garage 05-23-2016 02:31 PM

clem thats a real nice truck and glad it has came home, i love those year models too. Rian is right we all want to know what your working on these days.

Grizz1963 05-23-2016 03:23 PM

Thanks for posting up Clem.

I think we are all multi dimensional and very few of us would not be interested in some of the other stuff that happens at Tuba Trucks.

Think back to when you introduced the puppy....... Everyone went GAGA.

And of course........

Breakfast being prepared by Clem and Kim.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psx6edfrnj.jpg

Remember all the reactions?

So please do post away, we are your willing and waiting audience.

I am absolutely take. With your new daily driver.

duallyjams 05-23-2016 06:34 PM

tuba trucks builds trucks a truck is a truck and we all love trucks

Ta2Don 05-23-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7602751)

:metal:

Bomp 05-23-2016 08:00 PM

Sweet '51, has held up great. All of Tuba Trucks are top notch.

Hope its not too late to call Shot Gun.

October is taking forever to get here.

RANDY COX 05-23-2016 10:43 PM

WOW excellent looking trucks great work and detail, I like the old gas station...very KOOL and top notch..

NevEno 05-23-2016 11:14 PM

Very cool you got it back. It looks great! Man I was just 5yrs old in 83. Oh and the blue truck looks amazing I love that color.

mjh1965 05-24-2016 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7603096)
Very cool you got it back. It looks great! Man I was just 5yrs old in 83. Oh and the blue truck looks amazing I love that color.

How to make us feel old Paul . I passed my driving test in 83 . Great looking truck Clem . If Greg has shouted shotgun , I better shout shotgun for next year . Mind you last time you had me and Greg in the front you got a ticket .

I totally agree with Rian ( and that's not too often ) we all like to see what you are doing and as others have said we all like old trucks .

clemdaddy 05-24-2016 08:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by White knuckle Garage (Post 7602565)
clem thats a real nice truck and glad it has came home, i love those year models too. Rian is right we all want to know what your working on these days.

thanks bro... really looking forward to getting the old truck roadworthy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7602611)
Thanks for posting up Clem.

I think we are all multi dimensional and very few of us would not be interested in some of the other stuff that happens at Tuba Trucks.

Think back to when you introduced the puppy....... Everyone went GAGA.

And of course........

Breakfast being prepared by Clem and Kim.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...psx6edfrnj.jpg

Remember all the reactions?

So please do post away, we are your willing and waiting audience.

I am absolutely take. With your new daily driver.

thanks buddy, flippin' cakes is all I can do in the kitchen. Kim handles all the rest. She is a third generation south Texas dump cook and accounts for the extra 30 lbs that I carry around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7602751)

I feel the same way... love them all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7602753)
:metal:

thanks Don, good to see your progress

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7602840)
Sweet '51, has held up great. All of Tuba Trucks are top notch.

Hope its not too late to call Shot Gun.

October is taking forever to get here.

I was hoping you would be a driver in the 'parade of trucks' and I would be shotgun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANDY COX (Post 7603061)
WOW excellent looking trucks great work and detail, I like the old gas station...very KOOL and top notch..

thanks Randy... life doesn't suck in the old gas station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7603096)

Thanks, Paul...I bet you were playing with your 3rd toy truck back then... Old or young, we got lots in common.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7603213)
How to make us feel old Paul . I passed my driving test in 83 . Great looking truck Clem . If Greg has shouted shotgun , I better shout shotgun for next year . Mind you last time you had me and Greg in the front you got a ticket .

I totally agree with Rian ( and that's not too often ) we all like to see what you are doing and as others have said we all like old trucks .

We're not giving up on a surprise visit this fall... planning a trip to a different salvage yard this year.

OK guys, don't dish out the hate... this 66 custom Ford is going to be a nice one. FE motor, C6 trans, power disc late model twin I-beams, detailed out engine compartment and interior... but leave the real patina. oh yeah, cool retro wheels and tires. The owner is a good dude with good taste... got nice Mustangs and several old Ford trucks.

flashed 05-24-2016 09:39 AM

He has good taste in Ford trucks ,I like it .But then again I like ALL trucks that are old .

dwcardfan 05-24-2016 07:38 PM

Looking good Clem. That old Ford will be a sweet ride.

NevEno 05-24-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7603350)
Thanks, Paul...I bet you were playing with your 3rd toy truck back then... Old or young, we got lots in common.

I still play with trucks.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3l49txlo.jpg

Grizz1963 05-25-2016 02:55 AM

Ford looks good Clem.

I would love to live in Fayetteville, and make a detour past your shop every day for the eye candy out front.

Paul, that truck looks brokeass

clemdaddy 05-25-2016 08:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7603406)
He has good taste in Ford trucks ,I like it .But then again I like ALL trucks that are old .

I too have always liked those years of Fords, we own a 62 unibody that is another project that is currently underway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7604024)
Looking good Clem. That old Ford will be a sweet ride.

Thanks, Pete has already started the tear down. Bed and cab will be removed as soon as the rain clears out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7604228)

Sweet trucks!!! Some of us never grow-up.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7604439)
Ford looks good Clem.

I would love to live in Fayetteville, and make a detour past your shop every day for the eye candy out front.

Paul, that truck looks brokeass

Thanks Rian... Pack your stuff, get on a boat and move. I'll sit out front in a lawn chair and wave as you drive by everyday...

This 55 Custom is in the category of basket case... Pete has got it running pretty good but there is a ton of stuff to fix on this one.

clemdaddy 05-25-2016 09:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This 66 longbed came to us about a month ago for some much needed repairs. We rebuilt the front suspension, completely redid the brakes, replaced taillights and backups, installed new windshield and backglass, resealed the top half and oil pan of the motor, installed left and right door mirrors and redid the bed.

The owner left very happy and promised to return for some cosmetic work but he'll have to get tired of driving her first. Might not happen...:lol:

White knuckle Garage 05-25-2016 02:14 PM

clem that customers long bed will run forever now that you and pete have had yalls hands on it. say what are you coating the wood with

clemdaddy 05-26-2016 11:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Pete's Truck (unnamed)...
I pulled into the driveway in this cool 64 jimmy while Pete was working on some brakes for a customer. When he looked up and saw that GMC, I knew who would claim this one.

His dad had a 64 GMC long bed the same color. The fact that Pete is an off-roader and the Jimmy was a K-1500 with a PTO front mount winch didn't help my cause either. So we worked out a deal... Its his. I hope he will start a build thread but this truck is nice enough to be a driver, fix-it-upper and the look on his face made the deal just that much sweeter. pics...

duallyjams 05-26-2016 02:27 PM

If Pete hadn't looked out the window you would'a had a pm for this one for sure.

Ta2Don 05-26-2016 04:49 PM

SCORE!!!:metal:

flashed 05-26-2016 06:50 PM

That is an awesome truck ,lucky rascal .

Bomp 05-26-2016 07:37 PM

Right on. Keeper for sure.

clemdaddy 06-11-2016 11:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7605991)
If Pete hadn't looked out the window you would'a had a pm for this one for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7606125)
SCORE!!!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7606230)
That is an awesome truck ,lucky rascal .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7606279)
Right on. Keeper for sure.

Thanks from Pete to you guys... it will be an interesting build, off-roader for sure.

We've been working on a few different trucks which I will post-up about soon but for now, you guys that follow will remember the old truck parts that we were inheriting. here is load 2 and load 3 & 4. These parts are scattered and unorganized so it is my task to condense and re-warehouse. There's over 50 heaters from all different years. Earlier we got several 58-61 grills but zero bezels or eyebrows. Found them... box of each... OMG, this is going to take a while.

Bomp 06-11-2016 11:20 AM

wow. You know you're a cool truck guy when parts gravitate to you.

NevEno 06-11-2016 11:42 AM

Wow that's awesome!! Will work for truck parts Clem.

Grizz1963 06-11-2016 01:14 PM

I just said a whole load of naughty words....

That is just awesome Clem.

mjh1965 06-11-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7621791)

Clem will say a lot more if he checks your case when you leave

duallyjams 06-11-2016 06:15 PM

That is a BIGto do list.

dwcardfan 06-11-2016 06:40 PM

You have a big job in front of you. You will never be able to retire now. Build more TRUCKS.

clemdaddy 06-12-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7621702)
wow. You know you're a cool truck guy when parts gravitate to you.

not sure its cool but more like blind a$$ luck. just got to make good from the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7621724)
Wow that's awesome!! Will work for truck parts Clem.

dude, this is an unexpected windfall…you need it, you got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7621791)

I know Rian, I totally want to share the wealth to those that need… but keep your naughty words to yourself...:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7621862)
Clem will say a lot more if he checks your case
when you leave

Martin there will be a time when I will try to sell some of this stuff, but for now my friend, let's get some trucks built. And Rian… I'm not worrying about his bags.:lol:

clemdaddy 06-12-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7622053)
That is a BIGto do list.

You're telling me bro…frickin' monumental.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7622064)
You have a big job in front of you. You will never be able to retire now. Build more TRUCKS.

Man, too true… and thanks for the focus. "Build more trucks"...

clemdaddy 06-13-2016 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The 50 model below looks nice but the new owner was shocked at how poorly it was built... badly sub-framed (really bad) like dangerous. terrible welding throughout, cobbled together with mismatched salvage yard parts. When we put it up on the lift and the owner saw the bad job that had been done... He said "never buy a car from 2 drunks with a welder".:lol:
Not really funny but the owner is a great guy who just wanted a cool old truck with decent paint. The wheels and tires look good and the small block sounds tough but when he told us he had it up over a hundred... we said "man, we got to make this truck safe".

Check out the transmission crossmember they made... the grill was held in with twisted coat hangers... it was crazy.

On a better note. thats Dano in the ballcap, another Oregoner or Oregonnor (not sure), he's the metal fab & bodywork, that throws down some mean paint guy we've been looking for.

Pete and Dano engineered a path to fix the black 50. They boxed and stitched it up, they secured the grill and hung a bumper and splash pan up front. There was a ton of work to fix it right... the guys did a great job and we've got a happy customer.

Grizz1963 06-13-2016 01:47 PM

Well, that cross member is possibly a contender for a WTF thread.

Glad you got it all sorted for the customer.

Johnny_Lamebridge 06-13-2016 02:21 PM

That '50 is the perfect example of "you can't judge a book by it's cover". Good thing he brought the truck to you to be repaired before things started falling off... or worse!

Chevy Apache 06-13-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7623812)
The 50 model below looks nice but the new owner was shocked at how poorly it was built... badly sub-framed (really bad) like dangerous. terrible welding throughout, cobbled together with mismatched salvage yard parts. When we put it up on the lift and the owner saw the bad job that had been done... He said "never buy a car from 2 drunks with a welder".:lol:
Not really funny but the owner is a great guy who just wanted a cool old truck with decent paint. The wheels and tires look good and the small block sounds tough but when he told us he had it up over a hundred... we said "man, we got to make this truck safe".

Check out the transmission crossmember they made... the grill was held in with twisted coat hangers... it was crazy.

On a better note. thats Dano in the ballcap, another Oregoner or Oregonnor (not sure), he's the metal fab & bodywork, that throws down some mean paint guy we've been looking for.

Pete and Dano engineered a path to fix the black 50. They boxed and stitched it up, they secured the grill and hung a bumper and splash pan up front. There was a ton of work to fix it right... the guys did a great job and we've got a happy customer.

Think they might have been related too the previous owner of our truck

Bomp 06-14-2016 12:33 PM

Looks like the Oregonians are taking over Tuba Trucks.
Nice save on the 50's truck.

AnotherWs6 06-14-2016 01:24 PM

How could any human being put that cross membe ron and be like, that should be fine.