The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=667694)

GASoline71 11-09-2018 12:51 PM

Re: A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8380793)
I'm wondering who appraised it?

Here in WA State... the dude behind the counter pulls out a book of "State Appraised Values", which is based on KBB Classic Vehicle values. So when I went to transfer the title of my junked out C25 parts rig into my name so I could drive it around until i tore it apart. The state "appriased" the value of the truck at $11,000 bucks, sight unseen. It was a bashed up, rusted out 3/4 ton that I paid $900 dollars for. It's a money grab for the state to charge you the taxes agains the "appraised" value instead of the actual value. If the sale price is below the "appraised" calue, the state goes of their BS value.

Gary

72c20customcamper 11-09-2018 06:06 PM

Found lug nuts that will work . Now I need to find center caps that will fit the 60 floater rear.

mcbassin 11-19-2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

However, I can apply for a bonded Illinois title. I have to deposit 150% of the appraised value and wait one year. I’m not willing to fork over $14,000 to the state and let them sit on my money that long.
This is total BS. Can you get another appraisal? Or like in our state we can file for a rebuilt title. It usually only costs a small fee to get an inspection done at a local DMV.

SCOTI 11-20-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GASoline71 (Post 8380899)
Here in WA State... the dude behind the counter pulls out a book of "State Appraised Values", which is based on KBB Classic Vehicle values. So when I went to transfer the title of my junked out C25 parts rig into my name so I could drive it around until i tore it apart. The state "appriased" the value of the truck at $11,000 bucks, sight unseen. It was a bashed up, rusted out 3/4 ton that I paid $900 dollars for. It's a money grab for the state to charge you the taxes agains the "appraised" value instead of the actual value. If the sale price is below the "appraised" calue, the state goes of their BS value.

Gary

You pay the state taxes based on what they deem it's value. Whatever :rolleyes:.... Then, as you're pulling out of the parking lot from doing that you get hit by somebody. Insurance totals your truck because they value it @ mere pennies on the dollar vs. the states tax assessment.

That is whacked.

C-cab23 11-21-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GASoline71 (Post 8380899)

Gary

I went through that same bull**** here in MA with a 69 chevelle ss that I bought a while back....I paid about $1600 for it...it's a basket case...needs just about everything to be replaced...I just wanted to pay the sales tax and get it titled...the state wanted me to pay tax on a value of about $25,000 ....that wasn't gonna happen...we fought then...gave them picture documentation of the car and finally got them to lower the value to what I paid....it took about 6 months to do

doowopper 06-06-2021 02:31 PM

subbed