The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

special-K 01-05-2020 11:09 AM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Why am I thinking Charlie's Angels?

davischevy 01-05-2020 03:33 PM

This popped up somewhere a while back, but I can't remember where.

Boog 01-05-2020 08:54 PM

I thought the Vette station wagon was a stretch but this..

Killer Bee 01-05-2020 10:52 PM

that's interesting, straight from factory no less.. seen few of these wagon conversions tho..

not my taste whatsoever but for rich folks that can't be satisfied with what most folks can't afford anyways :rolleyes:

https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/imag...38182b5135.jpg

https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/imag...3df93cad8a.jpg

https://images.carscoops.com/2016/04...3-stingray.jpg

davischevy 01-05-2020 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I prefer the original version.

special-K 01-06-2020 06:52 AM

I must say they dredged that article together with not much more than mud and snails, didn't come up with much. What does the 40 year old proto-type 4dr Vette have to do with a new Ford Mustang (the two cars have never been comparable) that is an SUV that is electric? The only ties I see are they both have four wheels. Are these new Mustangs that aren't Mustangs going to be red on red? What a lame article. A waste of words

davischevy 01-11-2020 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know what the world is coming to. I had to work two days this week. I didn't like it any better than I did when I worked every day. :lol:

davischevy 01-11-2020 08:48 PM

No, they were working on the Valley Springs School project, and trying to beat the weather and short on help, so I agreed to help.

special-K 01-11-2020 10:35 PM

If you were running that hoe you were playin'. You can't fool me.

davischevy 01-12-2020 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, it weren't that bad for a day or two. I just strapped my Beanie Wienies to the hydraulic hoses to heat them up and had lunch in the office.

special-K 01-12-2020 07:40 AM

You had to miss the coffee shop those mornings, didn't you? I bet that was the hard part of it.

How's that K/10 doing?

flashed 01-12-2020 10:13 AM

Uh Oh , Tim is Stuttering again .

Ol Blue K20 01-12-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8658353)
Uh Oh , Tim is Stuttering again .

:lol:

davischevy 01-12-2020 11:17 AM

I made the coffee shop the first morning, I was the first one there.

I had to pass the coffee up the second morning though because I had to get to work earlier or get fired. :lol::lol:

kingsolver72 01-12-2020 11:31 AM

I was told “ when you’re in a hole, stop diggin”

Hey Tim, I’m wondering if you sang your post if that would cut down on the stuttering.

davischevy 01-12-2020 11:39 AM

Treachery and cunning come with old age. If you notice, I got up and dug into the hillside. No hole involved. :lol::lol:

kingsolver72 01-12-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8658427)
Treachery and cunning come with old age. If you notice, I got up and dug into the hillside. No hole involved. :lol::lol:

You’re a wiser man than I.

davischevy 01-12-2020 10:08 PM

Wisdom comes from failure. Again, and again, and again...………….:lol:

davischevy 01-12-2020 10:10 PM

Tim, the K10 will take a back seat for a few days. We are tearing into the wife's remodel this week. Man, she takes this stuff too seriously.

special-K 01-13-2020 06:45 AM

Oh, so it's stay and remodel now? I've been going over my place pretty diligently in the past year. Fixing, changing, freshening up, even finishing up things I never had. All the things the house has needed that I didn't let bother me. But realizing it's about the next person if I'm to get the most from a sale and it all takes time, I have that motivating me. It feels good getting things done, for getting closer to sale-ready but also for me while I'm here.

davischevy 01-13-2020 09:01 PM

Tim, we have those same emotions about fixing to sell, and, besides, if we do stay here it will be more like she wants. It would be hard to complain about this place, nice house, end of the street, no one behind us, but we would like to live out by the kids.

We do everything with the kids and the SIL and I work on these old trucks, so it would make sense for us.

The market may be back to what it was 15 years ago, so I'm thinking the remodel may help it sell and I think I can break even on the improvement.

72 tigger 01-13-2020 10:43 PM

How much of the renovation do you actually do? Or are you the official supervisor?

davischevy 01-13-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 8659415)
How much of the renovation do you actually do? Or are you the official supervisor?

I won't do any of the work. I am past that point in my life. At one time nobody would have set foot on the place as I would have done all of It myself. For years, we worked on custom houses during the day, and it seemed like I always had a house going for myself on the side. When we first got married, we moved a lot. I would build a house, move in it and put it up for sale. It wasn't fun, but it paid off.

Now, I have things I want to do, so I will go do that and let my wife supervise the remodel. She was designer and customer liaison for the last two subdivisions we did, so she can handle it. That K10 or some big yellow machine needs me worse. :lol:

Heck, I am worn out from just moving things out of the way so the guys can work. It's a good thing though, because it will cause us to purge a lot of stuff that needed to go in the dumpster.

72 tigger 01-14-2020 07:14 AM

“I won't do any of the work.” You’re a smart guy

special-K 01-14-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8659346)
Tim, we have those same emotions about fixing to sell, and, besides, if we do stay here it will be more like she wants. It would be hard to complain about this place, nice house, end of the street, no one behind us, but we would like to live out by the kids.

We do everything with the kids and the SIL and I work on these old trucks, so it would make sense for us.

The market may be back to what it was 15 years ago, so I'm thinking the remodel may help it sell and I think I can break even on the improvement.

Yep, same thing here. I wouldn't have lived here so long if it wasn't a nice place to live. Lack of area has been it's only short coming. Always had a shop somewhere else and have had none since '07. I'm really liking the place more with each thing I cross off. Feels great.
I want to move because the area has grown and the flavor of the town has turned more "suburbanite". This was a compromise location. My wife was from east of here and so was my work. I am a Western MD boy and I've needed to get farther out that way. Closer to my mom, brother, and sister too. It's long overdue. I need the mountains, rivers, and lakes for peace of mind.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 8659548)
“I won't do any of the work.” You’re a smart guy

In more ways than one here. Just watch what you say about "her" decisions :cool:. Oh I know... smart guy. No worries