The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

cab4word67 09-27-2021 12:28 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Whats everyone using for pictures My Imbb.com just quit? and removed all my pic
Got em back site was down??

67C10Step 09-27-2021 08:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Slipped everything together this weekend. Still need to install the fender braces before I tighten it all down. Rear lights need wiring and bed ground to frame. Been just under 2-1/2 years from dragging it out of a shed and now. Lots of hours and $$ spent but I think I'll have a solid runner by spring. Lots done and lots left to do.......

Ol Blue K20 09-27-2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 8976807)
Slipped everything together this weekend. Still need to install the fender braces before I tighten it all down. Rear lights need wiring and bed ground to frame. Been just under 2-1/2 years from dragging it out of a shed and now. Lots of hours and $$ spent but I think I'll have a solid runner by spring. Lots done and lots left to do.......

Looks good

maverickmk 09-27-2021 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cab4word67 (Post 8976760)

I use imgur.com

Rich72C10 09-27-2021 08:41 AM

This weekend played with my distributor springs - set them up this time to bring in timing just a tad later and the cerve to be a bit more even. It is actually the default factory configuration. It only takes a bit to pop of/on new springs.

However, this time a little brass washer popped off that goes under one side of the spring. It took me nearly 2 hours to find that darn thing, which ended up bouncing forward of the distributor and rested under the divorced choke on the intake manifold. I really thought I wasn't going to find the darn thing!

Also got a new gas cap from the parts section for 72 gas tanks, fits so much better than the repo and look tons better too. I've ordered new valve grommets and a oil cap. After spending hours looking for that brass washer with my face 3 inches from the engine, I notice oil leaks around the grommets/cover and oil cap.

KW5413 09-27-2021 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Drove it like I stole it...straight to a local car show. She picked up "Best Of Show- Truck" :)

Carl Spangler 09-27-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

I use Smugmug which is a paid professionally run image server. Basic cost is $55/year. If you're into archiving photos/vids it's a super useful platform.

cab4word67 09-27-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW5413 (Post 8976950)
Drove it like I stole it...straight to a local car show. She picked up "Best Of Show- Truck" :)

Love to see more pics. I really like the hood.

CBrown680 09-27-2021 08:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hood off and ready to install the new intake and carb

Happy_dan 09-28-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Got em back site was down??

I use imageevent.com
I think it's about $55 a year for unlimited storage. Great when you have videos to share too because they take a lot of room. I have stuff on there from 2000

KW5413 09-28-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cab4word67 (Post 8977138)
Love to see more pics. I really like the hood.

Thanks.

More pics from "Welcome" Thread...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=825880

Rich72C10 09-30-2021 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This wasn't actually today but I just got the photo today. My truck was used for a photo shoot at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower center with their staff - not sure what publiciation / social media thing they are using it for but something to do with UT Austin and LBJWC.

They really loaded up the bed with people! LOL

Ben IV 09-30-2021 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started switching over to a one piece driveshaft.

cab4word67 10-01-2021 09:08 PM

Spent last few days installing a new set of 3.73 gears and all new bearings. seals. Modified my flip kit and gained 1-1/8" of travel before hitting the bump stops on the C notch. Then took out one more leaf spring (#4) from the set witch is giving me a smoother ride. Got some work to do on the underside of the wood floor then the fuel tank goes in and we can roll down the road again.

Rich72C10 10-02-2021 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I been fighting a oil leak since my engine rebuild a year ago, I even asked my shop to look to see if my oil pan needed to be resealed. Like my brother told me, it's a old truck they leak and the leak isn't bad. The shop said all they could tell is it looked like oil was coming from the cap and perhaps the dipstick.

Fast forward to when I was working on my distributor springs, I saw oil coming from my grommet on the breather tube on the passenger side valve cover (goes to the carb / air filter base). So I got new grommets for both the passenger breather tube/PCV Valve, new proper 90 degree PCV Valve, and oil cap.

When I had things all apart I found the Flame arrestor was so gunked up I could hardly blow air through it. Took me forever to get it cleaned out but I did (seems you really don't need to replace them, just keep them clean).

Now after 50+ miles and checking the truck this morning after sitting overnight - there is ZERO oil anywhere on my oil pan, starter, flexplate cover or garage floor! Hallelujah!

FL71C10 10-02-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich72C10 (Post 8979088)
I been fighting a oil leak since my engine rebuild a year ago, I even asked my shop to look to see if my oil pan needed to be resealed. Like my brother told me, it's a old truck they leak and the leak isn't bad. The shop said all they could tell is it looked like oil was coming from the cap and perhaps the dipstick.

Fast forward to when I was working on my distributor springs, I saw oil coming from my grommet on the breather tube on the passenger side valve cover (goes to the carb / air filter base). So I got new grommets for both the passenger breather tube/PCV Valve, new proper 90 degree PCV Valve, and oil cap.

When I had things all apart I found the Flame arrestor was so gunked up I could hardly blow air through it. Took me forever to get it cleaned out but I did (seems you really don't need to replace them, just keep them clean).

Now after 50+ miles and checking the truck this morning after sitting overnight - there is ZERO oil anywhere on my oil pan, starter, flexplate cover or garage floor! Hallelujah!

Nice job, good detective work!

KQQL IT 10-02-2021 06:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
$15 swap meet air cleaner.
Cut chop hole saw weld
Dual snorkel air cleaner

BK72BURB_3/4Ton4x4 10-02-2021 11:31 PM

Farm Truck - just bought it, making a 'to do' list

My Suburban needed a friend and I needed a good farm truck so now we have a new family member

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ictureid=26514

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ictureid=26515

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ictureid=26513

KQQL IT 10-03-2021 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Son welded it all together. Quick spray bomb

rbbc 10-03-2021 08:09 PM

Installed a new tailltight wiring harness along with the taillight/back-up light assembles, bulbs, and lenses. Also ordered a bunch of parts. I'm getting ready to pass inspection and get her registered!

Davidf 10-03-2021 08:38 PM

Fixed vibration from rear axle. Turns out pinion/yoke nut was loose so had slop there. Also, u-joint had side to side slope in yoke. So super loosey goosey connection between driveshaft and rear end. Or too noticeable at speeds up to 65 except on decel you could feel a rumble. Over 65 and the rear slider window seems to want to rattle out of the truck due to the harmonic vibration.

So, pulled yoke, replaced seal. Removed rear cover and ring/pinion/spiders seem fine. To fix the slope of the u-joint in the yoke, I could see one location tab was worn thinner than the other. So, I add weld material to the tab and used my Drexel cutoff wheel to re-machine the tab to the correct clearance. Tighten up pinion nut with impact not worrying about the crush sleeve. After reassembly, the entire u-joint/yoke assembly is super tight with not discernible play.

Vibration is gone…happy days.

1968 K20 10-05-2021 03:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the bed painted, still need to spray the bed liner and undercoating.

3757chevy 10-05-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1968 K20 (Post 8980438)
Got the bed painted, still need to spray the bed liner and undercoating.

I LOVE that GREEN. :metal:

67C10Step 10-05-2021 05:21 PM

^^^^LOVE that green. Sparkles almost hurt your eyes in the sun.

cab4word67 10-05-2021 07:40 PM

Yes that is a beautiful color, cant wait to see it all together