The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   AZ Factory cruise controls (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=370387)

dave 542 11-04-2009 09:38 PM

Factory cruise controls

My uncle worked for GM for 41 years and retired in 1998 and had 3 factory cruise control units still in the original boxes when he passed away about 6 months ago,my grandma said get rid of this crap so I am selling these units for 30.00 dollars each plus shipping . There are also many more NOS parts I will be listing as time goes on ,he had 13 of these trucks all restored to original which we are donating to the kidney foundation.

magma-joe 11-04-2009 09:39 PM

Re: Factory cruise controls

SOLD, I WILL TAKE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please PM me before you list any other parts. Thanks

dave 542 11-04-2009 09:41 PM

maybe I made them to cheap ,you must have been sitting on the computer,send me your info for payment

Thealien 11-04-2009 09:49 PM

Yup too cheap. I wish I could have got one!!

too much stuff 11-04-2009 09:56 PM

That was a bargain! Wish i could have one also. Anyhow, there is a section of the board to ask about values if you are unsure. Just trying to help out. Eric

dave 542 11-04-2009 10:02 PM

Oh well I screwed up but I could care less about the money ,my Grandma was headed to the trash can when I caught her. One good thing I can get a few table dances at the titty bar with Grandpas money ,Ill just tell the girls ,this is for gramps.

wancosc356 11-04-2009 10:04 PM

Any idea how to get hands on the trucks once the kidney foundation gets them?

Gene 11-04-2009 10:04 PM

Yep, I would have paid alot more than that for one of them.

71blksuper4x4 11-04-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 3603112)
Yep, I would have paid alot more than that for one of them.

Most have, and probably will on these. Trevor

budder71 11-04-2009 10:19 PM

please pm me when you list other NOS parts please !!

Dasani 11-04-2009 10:29 PM

Wow!!!

dave 542 11-04-2009 10:33 PM

The people we donated these trucks to said they would try first on craigs list in San diego ,but maybe I can talk them into listing them on this message board. They are all short bed trucks ,5 of them are 4x4s . They are all loaded out with every option available that you could order ,he special ordered all of them as an executive at GM. Illsee what I can do as I have no interest in these or my Grandma would have given them to me.

AJs72K5 11-04-2009 10:33 PM

Holy cow!!

scoyote 11-04-2009 10:34 PM

PM all of us before you list any more parts..... ;-)

wancosc356 11-04-2009 10:34 PM

Tell them to give me a call!

wancosc356 11-04-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoyote (Post 3603181)
PM all of us before you list any more parts..... ;-)

Yes...Please...Haha

capev86 11-04-2009 10:36 PM

if they are a restored, survivor collection, they should go to barret jackson or something!

Booya 11-04-2009 10:36 PM

Wow, Can you upload some photos of the trucks? Would be great to see....

71blksuper4x4 11-04-2009 10:41 PM

This sounds very fishy, but if it is true, that's cool you donated them. 5 swb 4x4's all loaded to the max would be very hard to do even back then. This person would really have to be up in the company.

dave 542 11-04-2009 10:42 PM

Actually if Gandma would have had her way she would have sent them to the scrap yard ,she hated those things so bad because gramps spent all of his time out in his garage instead of with her.

camtoys1 11-04-2009 10:42 PM

all this sounds like bs to me

71blksuper4x4 11-04-2009 10:44 PM

how come you weren't interested in the trucks, but you were interested in a speedwarning dash a couple of weeks ago? 4x4's just aren't what you want?

dave 542 11-04-2009 10:46 PM

Dont come on here and say this is bs when actually this is true.

Hart_Rod 11-04-2009 10:58 PM

In, but :wop:, :D

70cst 11-04-2009 11:37 PM

The question is are these for 67-72 model year trucks...are they aftermarket units or factory, etc...these were a good deal but if they are not correct for the 67-72 model years then....JMHO

Rack Man 11-04-2009 11:43 PM

Boy you guys are gullible...Spend a few minutes snooping through some of these "two guys" posts and it will all become very clear.....You boys been HAD!......Though I do know for 100% certain that he does indeed have TONS of NOS parts....see em with my own eyes...

Good one MAGMA!...

RM

71blksuper4x4 11-04-2009 11:45 PM

That's what I have been saying. I am a member of several different vehicle forums and there is atleast a couple of fantasy stories once a year that gets everybody going. Trevor

Rack Man 11-04-2009 11:55 PM

Ok...let me clear up what I have seen regarding our friend Magma...

1. Magma & Dave are more than likely the same person!....and is really a good guy at heart!

2. I wasn't lying when I said I have seen all of his NOS parts (an incredible collection)...all true!...actually bought a couple!

3. Magma started posting real NOS items for sale on this forum...and started getting some ridiculous comments and offers for these parts.

4. Magma is irritated and is now messing with all of your heads!

End of story!

RM

70cst 11-04-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rack Man (Post 3603338)
Boy you guys are gullible...Spend a few minutes snooping through some of these "two guys" posts and it will all become very clear.....You boys been HAD!......Though I do know for 100% certain that he does indeed have TONS of NOS parts....see em with my own eyes...
Good one MAGMA!...

RM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 (Post 3603345)
That's what I have been saying. I am a member of several different vehicle forums and there is atleast a couple of fantasy stories once a year that gets everybody going. Trevor

I must have to agree with the both of you that you are on to something. After reading various post from both of them I am also questioning the validity of these posts. Its also interesting they are both from the same town.

70cst 11-05-2009 12:03 AM

Something else I just noticed that dave 542 is not Site Supporters so...I think I will dig into this.
Thanks again guys for the heads up.

Rack Man 11-05-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70cst (Post 3603378)
Something else I just noticed that dave 542 is not Site Supporters so...I think I will dig into this.
Thanks again guys for the heads up.

Easy there....I'd double check first as this is what Josh said about "Red" members
Quote:

Red names are High Octane subscribers which are non vendors but sell high volumes.

dave 542 11-05-2009 12:29 AM

Actually Rack Man you are wrong I am not Magma Joe ,I dont even know him ,and 70cst I am a contributor on this board ,do your homework. And I personally dont care if you believe me or not maybe all future items should be put on craigs list,I see how a few of you welcome new people, its like the good ole boys club I guess.

70cst 11-05-2009 12:30 AM

dave 542 may be High Octane but I am looking at the sequence of events and it looks fishy. Since dave 542 is a High Octane seller (I think?) he knows the value of parts which makes me wonder why he would list NOS Cruise units for $30 bucks. Then Magna Joe bought these units 1 minute later...something just does'nt make sense.

71blksuper4x4 11-05-2009 12:40 AM

Hey, I know we all make mistakes, and I would be one of the first to apologize first hand of being wrong, but too many things are fishy here. First, you have 15-18 posts as of today. Most of them are "ttt" posts for Magma-Joe (I never said you were the same person) but it's weird you are from the same town and don't know each other but have been interested in some of his parts. Also, you donated 5 fully optioned hard to find swb 4x4's. That just doesn't happen, and most executives of any car company would not own 5 of the same fully optioned anything. Most stories of this would have one of a optioned out Chevelle, a GTO, Corvette, etc. Not 5 of the same style anything, not atleast that they actually ordered, not saying it isn't possible, but that's a lot of the same thing especially with "every" option. The biggest reason I call a bluff on this is because of your posts, you have been interested in parts of the parts section, leading me to believe that you are a truck guy. A truck guy would know what parts are worth and in order to want parts, you must have trucks. You wouldn't be trying to buy parts for the trucks you have donated. You would be losing money if that's the case. That's all, we are one of the best boards out there to get along with and have tons of information that you will not find anywhere else. I have atleast a few members here that know me pretty well and have never screwed up a deal to my knowledge. If this was a muscle car forum or pirate 4x4, ewww buddy, this would be really ugly. Trevor

teeitup 11-05-2009 12:41 AM

I'm logged on this thread to see what happens

70cst 11-05-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave 542 (Post 3603422)
Actually Rack Man you are wrong I am not Magma Joe ,I dont even know him ,and 70cst I am a contributor on this board ,do your homework. And I personally dont care if you believe me or not maybe all future items should be put on craigs list,I see how a few of you welcome new people, its like the good ole boys club I guess.

dave 542 I have done my homework ... the point that I was making is what you sell your parts for is your option and that was a very good price for these units...then Magna Joe bought them a minute after you posted ... even though this looks fishy for those of us who know the value of truck parts ... these sort of deals will happen. And if both are happy then that is good.
The "Good Ole Boys Club" includes all of on this forum as we try to watch out for each other and if something unusual is posted...then responses will be given. Your For Sale Post was an unusuall good price so comments are going to be made. You may not care what I think but I do care what those on this forum thinks.
Ok...lets all take a deep breath and think Happy Thoughts. Best Regards

jaros44sr 11-05-2009 02:01 AM

Fishy or not, I'm just pi$$ed I didn't get a shot at one! I'm not greedy or trying to make a buck...I need a cruise control

70cst 11-05-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3603522)
Fishy or not, I'm just pi$$ed I didn't get a shot at one! I'm not greedy or trying to make a buck...I need a cruise control

I hear you...I bought a crusie control from Dakota. Its not factory but it will be much more affective then the older cruise controls.

OARNGESI 11-05-2009 08:11 AM

If they were both the same guy would they really have the high octane membership wouldnt that be just a complete waste of money id probally believe it more had one just been a site supporter

OldSkool71 11-05-2009 01:45 PM

Im in to see where this goes if anywhere...is it possible?..yes...is it likely?...NO!..I say prove us wrong and post some pics of this NOS parts bonanza...believe me you will get what they are worth and then some...who knows...and pics of 5 SWB 4x4 loaded...I gotta see that...patiently waiting....