The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Moderators: Can you open post editing for older posts? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=755837)

Nick_R_23 01-28-2018 05:46 PM

Moderators: Can you open post editing for older posts?

Since the huge Photo-suck-it debacle seems to have died down now and most people have switched over to different image hosting sites, there's still a lot of dead picture links in threads that had a lot of otherwise valuable and interesting information in them. Many of the build threads are pretty much worthless since you can no longer view what is going on. My own is included since I've used PB for the closer part of a decade. I'm aware that there are browser extensions to allow pictures linked to PB to be viewed, but not everyone knows about these.

I was wondering if the moderators could allow post editing for those of us who would like to go back to our threads and update the pictures? It would surely be an improvement for helping the community gain some valuable information back!

mongocanfly 01-28-2018 09:06 PM

Re: Moderators: Can you open post editing for older posts?

theres supposed to be a "fix" so you can see those pics.....but me not being a compooter guy I still don't know how to do it...ill have to get somebody to fix it for me sometime

Nick_R_23 01-28-2018 10:48 PM

There are extensions for Firefox and Chrome (and I'd guess IE also) that lets the individual user view them, but I'd rather just fix the links so that everyone can view them.

Killer Bee 01-28-2018 11:18 PM

yep, go back and replace them with dropbox, google photos, or whatever free and easy host you like to use..

Keith Seymore 01-29-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8172802)
yep, go back and replace them with dropbox, google photos, or whatever free and easy host you like to use..

Or add them as attachments to there is no third party host involved.

As long as this site exists they would remain.

K

special-K 01-29-2018 08:58 AM

Not trying to push a sale on you, but a paid subscription allows a member to go back. Only non-subscribers have the time limit on edits.

LockDoc 01-29-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_R_23 (Post 8172459)
Since the huge Photo-suck-it debacle seems to have died down now and most people have switched over to different image hosting sites, there's still a lot of dead picture links in threads that had a lot of otherwise valuable and interesting information in them. Many of the build threads are pretty much worthless since you can no longer view what is going on. My own is included since I've used PB for the closer part of a decade. I'm aware that there are browser extensions to allow pictures linked to PB to be viewed, but not everyone knows about these.

I was wondering if the moderators could allow post editing for those of us who would like to go back to our threads and update the pictures? It would surely be an improvement for helping the community gain some valuable information back!

The problem is there is no way to allow one registered member access without allowing all registered members access, whether they need it or not..... If it was just a few I would do it for you but it looks like you have a lot of pictures in that thread.

LockDoc

Nick_R_23 01-31-2018 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8172984)
Not trying to push a sale on you, but a paid subscription allows a member to go back. Only non-subscribers have the time limit on edits.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. I literally just pulled the trigger on a new kit car this morning and pretty much completely wiped out all my fun money :lol: but I'll keep that in mind as I'd like the option to go back and restore the pictures.