The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Aim Industries (www.truckn.com) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=144803)

71Shortbed 03-08-2005 08:32 PM

Aim Industries (www.truckn.com)

I know mistakes happen occasionally and this may just be an isolated bad experience that I had. Anyway, I'll describe it so you an make your own decision before doing business with these folks.

Back in January I ordered a hidden hitch, fold down tag bracket, 1.5" front drop coils and 3" rear drop coills for my 71. I recieved it all except the tag bracket which was backordered. I got the rear coils installed and my tape measure showed they were actually a 4" drop. I called them on a Saturday and they needed the number off the springs so I pulled them back off and they were indeed 4" drops. I was told to call back Monday to talk to the "technical" folks. I did that and they agreed to send me the correct coils free and told me to keep the others.

I waited two weeks and they never showed. I called and was told they just shipped and should be there in a few days. They never showed. I called back and was told they had never shipped and were backordered and would be in about 2 weeks later.

I got P*SSED OFF... after a lengthy conversation they said they would refund me if I shipped the coils back. So after over 8 weeks of waiting all I would get was a refund and nothing for my wasted time and calls and the hassle of packing the damn things up and shipping them back. After further negotiation they agreed to refund me $50 and let me keep the springs. I checked the website and the springs went up $10 during this time. As of today I have waited over a week and have not seen a refund. I called again and they tell me it will be issued tomorrow.

They made several mistakes which could have been easily avoided or corrected.

1) Shipped the wrong part in the first place.
2) Did not tell me, when I phoned in the order, that the tag bracket was not in stock. (I did eventually receive it).
3) Did not ship the replacement springs when they said they would.
4) Did not notify me that the replacement springs were not in stock.
5) Did not refund me as promised.

As a result I am about 4 weeks behind on getting back on the road. It could have all be avoided with some communication.

rage'nrat638 03-08-2005 10:21 PM

sounds messed up to me.... :agree:

N2TRUX 03-08-2005 11:33 PM

Sorry to hear this. It's very unfortunate, but very common. Actaully you have it wrong though. There was only one mistake made here. It was "you" ordering from "them". AIM sucks and this is just one more point of proof.... :(

PRUNEDA 03-09-2005 12:04 AM

Sorry to hear it, i've heard tons of horror stories from SHaim. At one point when i didn't know better i was going to order some stuff for my truck. I called them and they were real rude and i felt like as if i was bugging them, so i took my business to somebody else. Good luck on getting everything straighten out.

71Shortbed 03-09-2005 07:26 PM

I just got off the phone with another pissy "customer service" representative and I am still waiting on my refund. Never again......

JadeEmperor 03-10-2005 12:56 AM

L-aim

:agree:

It's not any better in person either. They're will call dept. is horrible. Even with someone standing in front of them they still don't care. I even bought from them way back when they first started it was slightly better, but I've fallen out of bed and had better mornings then they can even try to have good customer service. That's not to mention if you ever figure out which company your actually buying from...L-aim, Godmothers, Ricky Racer, Chassis Tech, AirBagIt...they all blow! Shoddy product, shady business.

phantom dually 03-14-2005 06:52 PM

update??

flatblackclassic 03-15-2005 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom dually
update??

AIM products STILL SUCK.

PRUNEDA 03-18-2005 12:08 AM

:agree: No doubt

71Shortbed 03-21-2005 08:48 PM

Update

Finally got a refund last week...

FRENCHBLUE72 03-30-2005 07:50 PM

I have delt with AIM and you are not he only one to have bad dealing's with them..

longnlow72 05-10-2005 09:09 PM

yupp bought my tailgate handle relocator from them, i will never do buisness with them again

bgsnake 08-25-2010 10:26 PM

Re: Aim Industries (www.truckn.com)

You get what you pay for...............

ProStreet68SB 08-25-2010 10:29 PM

ran across some reviews of them in the minitrucking world and the consensus is that they suck horribly.

fishingjred73 08-25-2010 11:13 PM

Hard to believe with service like this 5 yrs ago there still around.

Shane 08-31-2010 02:11 PM

5 years ago? lol ... these clowns have been around over 20 years now.

Rochlow 09-01-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 4166651)
5 years ago? lol ... these clowns have been around over 20 years now.

No kidding and every forum I've ever been on there are people still asking if they build a quality product. Even with all the negative threads...