The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project two tone. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=596643)

TJ's Chevy 11-20-2013 11:19 AM

Re: Project two tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6372653)
Cataloging the Jaguar firewall grommet... need one for mine, Thanks!!!:metal:

Once I get my spare tire fender setup done...we should start a Stepside Spare tire fender club! :lol:

NEWFISHER 11-20-2013 11:24 AM

That spare is going to look cool on the stepper. I think they all should have them ;)
Sucks to hear about the carb issue. Carefull it isn't leaning it out like you mentioned, I think Sharps40 had a lean issue and burned his engine if I remember. Good luck

TJ's Chevy 11-20-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWFISHER (Post 6377626)
That spare is going to look cool on the stepper. I think they all should have them ;)
Sucks to hear about the carb issue. Carefull it isn't leaning it out like you mentioned, I think Sharps40 had a lean issue and burned his engine if I remember. Good luck

Yeah I got the carb running good. It is running rich I can say for sure. And I make sure to run no less then 92 octane in it. Sharps40's issue had to do with a lean mixture and to advanced timing, and I believe low octane fuel had something to do with it also. Thanks. :chevy:

4dranch 11-20-2013 11:45 PM

T.J.
Nice work and sign us up for your spare tire forum:lol:

66farmer 11-21-2013 10:34 AM

TJ
If I didn't give you all the needed brackets let me know which one is missing. Maybe I can find it.

Keith

TJ's Chevy 11-21-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66farmer (Post 6379303)
TJ
If I didn't give you all the needed brackets let me know which one is missing. Maybe I can find it.

Keith

Thanks Keith...It's hard to tell...You know the Long bracket you gave me? I think there is one more of those...Looks like it according to the diagram. Thanks. T.J.

Minzer 11-22-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY (Post 6268212)
Here's a video of it running. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6MOkFshSU

very good dual exhaust system ... I'm interested to apply in my project. Might I mostramelo? thanks

TJ's Chevy 11-22-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minzer (Post 6383479)
very good dual exhaust system ... I'm interested to apply in my project. Might I mostramelo? thanks

If you don't mind my asking...What is "Mostramelo" mean? Yeah, I am using dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers...2 1/4 pipes.

Minzer 11-22-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. MCCAULEY (Post 6383508)
If you don't mind my asking...What is "Mostramelo" mean? Yeah, I am using dual Flowmaster 40 series mufflers...2 1/4 pipes.

mostramelos: I want to see them ... photo and data

TJ's Chevy 11-25-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up my new to me spare tire fender. Bolted on...mocked up the carrier a little. Fender is gonna need work, but at least I have one! :metal:

Ta2Don 11-25-2013 08:31 PM

Fender looks good TJ!:uhmk:

TJ's Chevy 11-25-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6388468)
Fender looks good TJ!:uhmk:

Thanks!

4dranch 11-25-2013 09:24 PM

looks good T.J.

TJ's Chevy 11-26-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 6388590)
looks good T.J.

Thanks! :chevy:

TJ's Chevy 11-27-2013 12:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well this is a funny story...the ol 64..my donor truck...runs great. It hadn't moved under its own power for 13 years. So since I had it running I thought well lets see if it will drive. Mistake 1. I didn't have the throttle linkage hooked up. Mistake 2. The radiator has a bad hose leak. Mistake 3. Two bent pushrods. So with out any throttle springs I think the Carb would hold itself at a steady 1,200 rpm, I didn't want to go higher cause of the pushrods...I'll post a video....and you'll know why! LOL! So get the rpm to stay at 1,200 and I hop in the cab and slip it in gear. Clutch lets out like it was brand new....and I am cruising just above idle in granny gear. Right when I am at my destination...just before I want to back into its new spot...it dies. Hop out...cause I have to refire it by touching the starter terminals with a screw driver....fire it off. Now it don't wanna idle, dies again. Now it won't re-fire with out the choke. Choke it and motor fires and flies up to 3,000...or it sounded like that...so in my panic...not wanting to blow the pushrods....I kill it! AYE! By that time the motor was hot and I wasn't sure if it was over heating or not...so I left it there. Here is were it sits as of now. I thought the day was hilarious.

Ta2Don 11-27-2013 10:35 PM

The joys of playing with old trucks!!!!:metal:

Alan's Classic 11-27-2013 10:39 PM

Tuned in

TJ's Chevy 11-28-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6391981)
The joys of playing with old trucks!!!!:metal:

Yeah! They can be a pain, but all part of the fun right!?! lol!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 6391985)
Tuned in

Thanks Alan! Glad you chose to keep your truck by the way! :chevy:

Pictures will be coming ya'all!

TJ's Chevy 11-30-2013 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spare tire installed and looking good! Had to fab a bracket cause I don't have one of the stock ones. Works fine. Tire ain't going no ware! :chevy:

Dillon Rock 11-30-2013 08:39 PM

fender's lookin good T.J., just got the small things I needed to wire in the spotlight tomorrow and maybe the cablights this upcoming week if I get a hankering to.

TJ's Chevy 11-30-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillon Rock (Post 6395562)
fender's lookin good T.J., just got the small things I needed to wire in the spotlight tomorrow and maybe the cablights this upcoming week if I get a hankering to.

Thanks bud! Can't wait to see the new cab lights and spot lights on the rig! Just hauled a load a oak in mine today(Saturday). Truck is alot of fun in the dirt! Spinning gravel is fun! lol!!!:metal::chevy:

Dillon Rock 12-01-2013 02:40 PM

Nice to hear! I just hauled a half a cord of wood in mine the same day (ironic huh?) and no problems at all. Hey, remember how we were having that discussion about the factory engine colors? I was lookin through my owners manual a couple days ago and saw that it had color designation codes in the back as well. I'll try to get some pics up of it and of the truck as progress goes on. :chevy:

clemdaddy 12-01-2013 04:58 PM

i agree, the spare looks great...

got a question... did the factory ever make a right side spare tire fender? so you could have dual mounts, and be able switch to snow tires and back.

i sure like the way a fender mount looks on a stepper.
nice job...

TJ's Chevy 12-01-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillon Rock (Post 6396510)
Nice to hear! I just hauled a half a cord of wood in mine the same day (ironic huh?) and no problems at all. Hey, remember how we were having that discussion about the factory engine colors? I was lookin through my owners manual a couple days ago and saw that it had color designation codes in the back as well. I'll try to get some pics up of it and of the truck as progress goes on. :chevy:

Cool! Yeah I remember...mine was green, but it is gonna be a dark blue when finished! LOL! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. As far as I know...Blue and Forest Green and Chevy Orange and Black were the only options for the factory in the years 1963-88.
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 6396638)
i agree, the spare looks great...

got a question... did the factory ever make a right side spare tire fender? so you could have dual mounts, and be able switch to snow tires and back.

i sure like the way a fender mount looks on a stepper.
nice job...

Thanks bud! No they didn't. Right side spare fenders are hand made. The snow tire was my only spare so I used it! LOL! Thanks for the compliments!

TJ's Chevy 12-01-2013 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here is a picture of what I did with my truck yesterday! LOL! :metal::chevy: