The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Trans tunnels for laying frame in a blazer? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=801093)

lyrikz 02-11-2020 03:24 PM

Trans tunnels for laying frame in a blazer?

1 Attachment(s)
IM trying to find pictures of interior trans tunnels for the driveline when you lay frame on a blazer, or even a c10. Im scouring through the posts and for the life of me cant find pics of interiors on vehicles that are layed out.

Thank you.

This is on its way. Probably ordering tomorrow.

Thealien 02-11-2020 04:27 PM

Re: Trans tunnels for laying frame in a blazer?

I don't have an answer but sweet chassis! Who makes it and how much?

lyrikz 02-11-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thealien (Post 8676755)
I don't have an answer but sweet chassis! Who makes it and how much?

Scotts and alot. 17k

Thealien 02-11-2020 06:39 PM

I have been researching a Chassis and I just can't afford it. I have real bad shoulders so I have to pay someone to do all my work. A local fabricator recommended these guys and it looks promising but I am not looking to lay frame, alter the bed of the Blazer and the wheel wells, relocating hinges. Other than that I have no first hand knowledge of these guys.

CHOPPING BLOCK

lyrikz 02-12-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thealien (Post 8676830)
I have been researching a Chassis and I just can't afford it. I have real bad shoulders so I have to pay someone to do all my work. A local fabricator recommended these guys and it looks promising but I am not looking to lay frame, alter the bed of the Blazer and the wheel wells, relocating hinges. Other than that I have no first hand knowledge of these guys.

CHOPPING BLOCK

With No Limit, i was priced at 15500, shipped, powdercoated. Everything you need. You cant beat that..
Im going to call CB today. That looks pretty cool.

Thealien 02-12-2020 12:28 PM

Before buying do your own research. I have no first hand knowledge. Procision fabrication in Walpole MA recommended them.

http://www.procisionindustries.com

Thealien 02-15-2020 07:34 AM

Any decisions?

lyrikz 07-28-2020 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thealien (Post 8678722)
Any decisions?

Yup, no limit.
Not laying frame, but the front is about 2 inches off the ground. The rear hits the rear sway bar, so i might modify that a bit to see if i can get it lower in the rear.

youngrodder 07-28-2020 04:16 PM

Looks great....now don't be stingy with your pics, lets see more.

Marc

lyrikz 07-28-2020 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 8783349)

Marc

oooh, i have a bunch. Custom wheels, fuel tank, stuff like that. Currently im having an issue. I dont have my tub, its at the painters. I had to set the LS motor back all the way on the mounts so that the oil drain tubes cleared the mounts.
I need to know the distance from the front blazer tub mount to the front of the tub on the blazer so i can measure and see how close my engine is to the front of my tub, anyone have a blazer they can measure? lol. Another teaser.

lyrikz 07-28-2020 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 8783349)

Marc

I need that distance. The front mount to where the front of the tub would be, so i can see if i have to move the motor forward.

tinydb84 07-28-2020 06:22 PM

I would message the chassis company to see what they recommend. The 4wd trucks had a higher hump from the factor.

lyrikz 07-28-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinydb84 (Post 8783407)
I would message the chassis company to see what they recommend. The 4wd trucks had a higher hump from the factor.

Ya, i got all that handled, i was just trying to see the distance from the firewall to that first mount. Just to see how close i am.