The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best air conditioning and serpentine belt setup (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622846)

Bshoots 03-29-2014 12:56 PM

Best air conditioning and serpentine belt setup

I'm getting ready to redo my setup on my 454 BBC. I do not have factory A/C, and I'm running a stock v belt setup now. I'm wanting to install some type of air conditioning, and a serpentine system at the same time. I've looked at a lot of systems, and I know that Vintage air would be the complete package known to work together. But want to see how others have put in a A/C system with other serpentine belt systems from manufactures like March, Billet Specialties, ect. I would like to keep the interior as factory looking as possible, and under the hood to look like a candy store. Lets see what you've put together!

kwmech 03-29-2014 01:19 PM

Re: Best air conditioning and serpentine belt setup

Same here, I've been looking for a system for a year now for my '69. There doesn't seem to be the ''correct'' system for a short water pump set-up. I've been considering making my own, but who has the time and money for that? You can go with a set up for the long water pump but that can entail installing an electric fan assy-----personally I do not want to go that way, good luck to ya

jeh 03-29-2014 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used a GM Performance kit from Summit Racing for around $800

big d's red67 03-29-2014 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put Vintage Air for the A/C and Eddie motor sports front runner on my big block, it comes with A/C compressor Eldelbrock water pump and all the brackets and belt.

Bshoots 03-30-2014 04:24 PM

Most of the serpentine kits I've seen have a a/c compressor included, how do you keep from buying the compressor twice.

And, how close was the mounting location of the a/c compressor in the serpentine setup compared to hoses supplied with whatever brand of ac kit you have?

jeh 03-30-2014 08:33 PM

I bought my a/c system from Old Air Products and I had them to delete and credit the compressor because I used the one with the GM Performance front runner system. So you won't have to buy two.

big d's red67 03-31-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bshoots (Post 6603099)
Most of the serpentine kits I've seen have a a/c compressor included, how do you keep from buying the compressor twice.

And, how close was the mounting location of the a/c compressor in the serpentine setup compared to hoses supplied with whatever brand of ac kit you have?

I had Vintage Air delete the compressor from my kit. The hoses hook to a manafold that is on top of the compressor so there is no interference.