The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Smoothie 67-72 Fleetside Rear Bumpers are in!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=706069)

Classic Heartbeat 05-03-2016 07:21 PM

Smoothie 67-72 Fleetside Rear Bumpers are in!!

3 Attachment(s)
We now have the 67-72 Smoothie (Boltless) Chrome Rear Bumpers ready to ship! These have the license plate bracket incorporated with the bumper, and has been widened at the top to eliminate the need for gravel deflectors. The outside edges have also been slightly curved to fit around the rear of the bed for a much cleaner look. Come complete with all necessary hardware to mount to the factory bumper brackets. Introductory price: $299.95
WES

primetime 05-03-2016 07:26 PM

Re: Smoothie 67-72 Fleetside Rear Bumpers are in!!

that would look better than my step bumper type, but how much is shipping to SC? it just feels expensive

Classic Heartbeat 05-03-2016 07:47 PM

$30.00 wes

jr1000yarder 05-03-2016 07:55 PM

Hope you still have these next week...I need one!

Classic Heartbeat 05-03-2016 08:16 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. :metal: WES

Classic Heartbeat 05-03-2016 08:30 PM

Uploaded to our website now... Link: http://classicheartbeat.com/Chrome%20&%20more.htm

flashed 05-03-2016 08:38 PM

Those look nice but I would have to have a painted one .

ovalshark 05-03-2016 10:11 PM

I will call you in the morning, glad to hear the chrome ones are ready! Jerami

Longhornss 05-03-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7581662)
Those look nice but I would have to have a painted one .

Painted are available as well. Also available in a front bumper without the plate location.
Mine are on their way.....

projectking 05-04-2016 12:56 AM

How much for front and rear to 60462?

lolife99 05-04-2016 02:29 AM

I must be the only one disapointed in the look, Wes.
It looks like a front bumper mounted on the back.
I always liked the deep recess of the license plate box on the original sport bumpers.

Also any license plate light will have to be incorporated into a billet license plate frame, or something similar.
Not for me,... but neither were the smooth front bumpers,...

XwalkerX 05-04-2016 10:21 AM

do you guys carry the smoothie front bumper too?

I couldn't find it on your website

Classic Heartbeat 05-04-2016 02:29 PM

Painted Smoothie bumpers have been out for a while now, both front and rear. We also have both front & rear smoothie bumpers in chrome. The prices are the same for front and rear. I will work on uploading sometime today. WES

derotoreut 05-20-2016 10:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The problem I found with these bumpers is that they are not totally smooth. There are two holes in them that appear to be used for the chroming process. Very disappointing when they are supposed to be smooth. Also, the chrome around the holes is bad and there is nickel showing. Not sure if the painted smoothies have these two holes or not, but the chromed version is a huge disappointment.

Swar 05-21-2016 08:46 AM

What do you do about a license plate light? Looks like there's no spot for one.

daveklein 05-21-2016 09:24 AM

Hey Primetime....I'm looking for that "ugly" step bumper for my 67...If you want to sell it sometime let me know......I'm in Lake Placid Fl. ..Do you think shipping would be too much???.......I have a chrome one now,,,maybe we could send pics and work a trade ??? I think my chrome one with the license insert is worth more than your step but I don't like it and probably would trade even....Dave

Jonlopes 05-21-2016 11:55 AM

I like the cleaner look. It always bugged me that when you look at the the sport bumpers from the side they look like an afterthought when compared to the front bumpers that look like they were designed to go with the truck.
I am interested in finding about the license place light as well. I do not like the look of the light built into the plate frame.

derotoreut 05-21-2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swar (Post 7600081)
What do you do about a license plate light? Looks like there's no spot for one.

The bumper comes with two LED license plate lights and wires.

Already Gone 05-21-2016 12:34 PM

subscribed

midniteblues 05-21-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derotoreut (Post 7599785)
The problem I found with these bumpers is that they are not totally smooth. There are two holes in them that appear to be used for the chroming process. Very disappointing when they are supposed to be smooth. Also, the chrome around the holes is bad and there is nickel showing. Not sure if the painted smoothies have these two holes or not, but the chromed version is a huge disappointment.

i do believe that all bumpers have those holes on the bottom.
now im sure these smoothies are not reworked originals so i'm guessing they could have been eliminated.
but i'm guessing they have something to do with the way they are made or just for dipping.

ya cant see them anyway unless your down looking up and most lowered trucks you wouldnt be able too do that anyway.

oviously these are not for everyone but i gotta say it seems alot of thought went into making these.
good job and a awesome product.

firedemon 05-21-2016 03:15 PM

Harley sells bolts with led in them for their plates they work well enough for the ticket writers arround here

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 05-21-2016 04:38 PM

If I were running custom I'd buy one in a Heartbeat.

derotoreut 05-21-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midniteblues (Post 7600257)
i do believe that all bumpers have those holes on the bottom.
now im sure these smoothies are not reworked originals so i'm guessing they could have been eliminated.
but i'm guessing they have something to do with the way they are made or just for dipping.

ya cant see them anyway unless your down looking up and most lowered trucks you wouldnt be able too do that anyway.

oviously these are not for everyone but i gotta say it seems alot of thought went into making these.
good job and a awesome product.

These bumpers are not reworked originals. They are new design aftermarket bumpers manufactured by Key Parts. They were made special by eliminating visible mounting bolts. The top part is also deeper to tuck in toward the tailgate to eliminate the need for gravel deflectors. The ends are also tucked in more. I have to agree that they are a nice idea, but there is no reason for them to put two additional holes into an already smoothed bumper to use for the chroming process. They should have used the mounts on the back of the bumper for that process. I haven't seen the original painted version, but all pictures look like they don't have the two holes at the bottom. That's the way it should be. After all… It's supposed to be a smoothie bumper.

primetime 05-23-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveklein (Post 7600102)
Hey Primetime....I'm looking for that "ugly" step bumper for my 67...If you want to sell it sometime let me know......I'm in Lake Placid Fl. ..Do you think shipping would be too much???.......I have a chrome one now,,,maybe we could send pics and work a trade ??? I think my chrome one with the license insert is worth more than your step but I don't like it and probably would trade even....Dave

I would have no problem with a trade if it was a local process. But im about 8 hours drive from your city. Not a fan of the long distance shopping process anymore either after a previous bad transaction. If you make up north and I still have it we could trade them out.

aboesec10 05-23-2016 09:08 PM

Dangit!! Man I want this and a smooth front, but its gonna have to wait a few months.... or else i may have to use the boxes to build a sleeping hut.