The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project truck dream 65" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=510863)

61_FL_Apache 02-26-2012 08:36 AM

Re: Project truck dream 65"

Looking good!!

lenguini 02-26-2012 12:50 PM

Thanks Steve,appreciate it !:ito:

lenguini 02-26-2012 04:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Rear suspension is bolted on,rear wheels on now lowering to the floor..lower.lower...its there,this is cool ! Its been a long stretch to this point and feels good to see it touching the concrete ! :ito:

Guess its time to get the front end together,this is the part I know nothing about,glad for all the help Im getting on this site to finish this !Thank you everyone !!!!!!
Doug and I had to come up with a plan to compress the front coils,the spring compressor tool I borrowed does not work *@#!
Once again buddy Doug came up with an genius plan !A couple of 2x4s on end and one between the rafters,jack up the frame with the floor jack...man this worked great and didn't even crack the ceiling !!!:metal:
Front end complete,Doug with jack in hand gets the honor's this time around ! :ennyd:

lenguini 02-27-2012 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On the ground front and rear ! Dougs turn to take er around the block !(would you believe there was a completed truck sitting there?We just erased all but whats left !:lol:

Captainfab 02-27-2012 01:14 AM

Looks great Ed....very nice work.

suzq044 02-27-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguini (Post 5215287)
On the ground front and rear ! Dougs turn to take er around the block !(would you believe there was a completed truck sitting there?We just erased all but whats left !:lol:

awesome photoshop! lol :lol:

lenguini 02-27-2012 11:29 AM

Thanks suzq ,I cant stop laughing when I look at that pic !

lenguini 02-27-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 5215293)
Looks great Ed....very nice work.

Thanks John,its finally looking like a truck again !:ito:

lenguini 02-27-2012 12:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My cab back from the blaster,actually looks better than I thought it would.When they come back you never know !

I originally had a second cab that was from a city truck out of somewhere Arizona...,thought I had found gold.

Bought this cab site unseen,(that's always a good idea)when it arrived up here,I opened the drivers door....and there it was ! 1 1/2 shag carpet,covered the floor and firewall.
It had sat in the desert for who knows how long with this giant sponge inside ,it wasnt pretty when I got it back from blasting,it kinda looked like an star filled Arizona night sky when you put a light underneath it:cool:
I decided to stay with the original cab,it was going to be less work to repair !:waah:

MalibuKasey 02-27-2012 01:42 PM

NICE WORK!!! Big projects like that scare the bajebbers out of me!

lenguini 02-28-2012 01:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Starting repairs on the passenger side sheet metal.Inner outer rockers,front and rear hinge pillars,cab mounts,cab corner,and floor.
A fully blasted cab makes it real easy to see what your working with.There is
a local business here that specializes in auto blasting..., which is critical ! You don't want just any blasting shop without the experience,its pretty easy to warp the panels.
I'm glad I dent rush this project,I came up with alot of great ideas and was able to use them,does this mean I'm learning patience ? I'v been told it comes with age !:bsf:

Captainfab 02-29-2012 01:46 AM

That is so true! I am lucky in that I have a friend that does blasting for a living, and about 70% of his business is for other businesses, and individuals that are restoring or rebuilding vehicles. He has been doing it for 10-12 years and is the local 'go to guy' for auto body sheetmetal. IMO blasting is the only way to go. Needless to say, I have all sorts of things blasted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguini (Post 5218598)
Starting repairs on the passenger side sheet metal.Inner outer rockers,front and rear hinge pillars,cab mounts,cab corner,and floor.
A fully blasted cab makes it real easy to see what your working with.There is
a local business here that specializes in auto blasting..., which is critical ! You don't want just any blasting shop without the experience,its pretty easy to warp the panels.
I'm glad I dent rush this project,I came up with alot of great ideas and was able to use them,does this mean I'm learning patience ? I'v been told it comes with age !:bsf:

lenguini 02-29-2012 02:01 PM

Greetings Cap,I'm 100 percent with you on that.:ito:

lenguini 02-29-2012 03:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Progress on the passenger cab corner,no more varmit's coming in through that rust hole any more !:chop:

UK62LW 02-29-2012 03:21 PM

Good man - another one saved :clap:

Watching with interest - keep the updates coming..

PAPA KENT 02-29-2012 03:38 PM

this is one of the best threads i've read in a while.all of the great progress along with the best pictures and a great sense of humor.i needed a good smile today.

good luck! hope to see more!

lenguini 02-29-2012 04:15 PM

Thanks to all for your interest in my build,Ill do my best to stay current with my photos etc.I appreciate the feedback from you all,and look forward to making new friends here on this site.

Cheers,
Ed.

lenguini 02-29-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPA KENT (Post 5220940)
this is one of the best threads i've read in a while.all of the great progress along with the best pictures and a great sense of humor.i needed a good smile today.

good luck! hope to see more!

Thanks Papa Kent,I appreciate it ! Im glad my build is keeping you interested,always good to make folks laugh !:c2:

Bye the way,nice truck,cool colour too !

Thank you,
Ed.

lenguini 02-29-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK62LW (Post 5220916)
Good man - another one saved :clap:

Watching with interest - keep the updates coming..

Thanks Barney,glad to hear your following my build,and you can count on the daily updates !:ito:

Thanks,
Ed.

lenguini 02-29-2012 11:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Time to look at the drivers side cab corner,floor,inner outer rockers,hingepillars,cab mounts ,etc,etc,etc,Im starting to look like the banana !:bann:

lenguini 03-01-2012 12:11 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Like they say in the movies...CUT ! It seems like were getting closer,I just hope the finished side dosnt rust away before the cab is done ?:drama:

suzq044 03-01-2012 12:19 AM

.. the downside to having it blasted; it shows all the parts u didn't wanna know about. LOL

lenguini 03-01-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzq044 (Post 5222099)
.. the downside to having it blasted; it shows all the parts u didn't wanna know about. LOL

Thats true....................,I'v decided I dont want to play anymore,Im going to my room.:whine:

A.T. RockDriller 03-01-2012 10:20 AM

Lots of patience can be stockpiled when a feller goes to his room.

You've kicked @$$ on that thing.
Great work.....I sure am subscribed to this one. (It makes me think I had it easy on my repairs)

lenguini 03-01-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.T. RockDriller (Post 5222605)
Lots of patience can be stockpiled when a feller goes to his room.

You've kicked @$$ on that thing.
Great work.....I sure am subscribed to this one. (It makes me think I had it easy on my repairs)

Thanks for the good words Les,glad to see your on board with my build !:ito: