The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   '67 Short Step #2 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=257202)

kyull67 09-06-2007 01:22 PM

'67 Short Step #2

5 Attachment(s)
I just started on my new truck. It's a '67 C10 short step with a 250 straight six and four speed transmission. I purchased the truck from board member bobvilla and the bed from member Ctrow. Wheels are 17x8 Boyd Magneato. I'm going to try and stick to a budget of $5,500. So I'll try to post how much is left after each step is completed. Keep in mind that all work will be done by myself and friends so $5,500 is for parts only.

kyull67 09-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: '67 Short Step #2

5 Attachment(s)
So far I've managed to install all new brakes and lowered the rear four inches with a kit from CPP. I'll try to get the front end done later this weekend. So far I've spent about $2,200.

72BlckButy 09-06-2007 01:40 PM

Hey kyull 67! The build looks great!

What did you pain the frame with? And is the bed color, the color for the entire truck? If so it will look great!

Keep us posted! Are you going to be able to make it up to the Midwest All Truck Nats?

kyull67 09-06-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 2345530)
Hey kyull 67! The build looks great!

What did you pain the frame with? And is the bed color, the color for the entire truck? If so it will look great!

Keep us posted! Are you going to be able to make it up to the Midwest All Truck Nats?

Thanks. The frame is just a quick coat of rustoleum. The truck will be two toned with the torquise color and a creme or pearl white color on top starting at the body line right below the windows. I'm not sure if I can make it to the show this weekend, but I'll let you know if I do.

ColoradoK5 09-06-2007 02:17 PM

Looks like you have a good start! looks good! sux about what happened to your other truck! Thank God everyone is ok! Good Luck with budget!

kyull67 09-10-2007 01:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I just finished installing all new ball joints with the new front shocks and coils. First picture is a before shot.

kyull67 09-10-2007 01:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Got it all bolted back up so I took it out for a quick spin.:metal: The last pic is of my new DD. Now I need to get a parking brake cable so I can feel safe without that chunk of asphalt.:crazy: Now onto the body work. Stay tuned.

Richard8971 09-10-2007 11:23 PM

Awesome truck. The '67-'72's are not my overall favorite years of Chevrolet pickups, but something about the '67 draws me to it. It was the last year (and frankly, only year) of the small rear window and sans the side marker lights. It had a look all of it's own and yes... you could build a '68 but it just has a different look that isn't as pleasing. (In my opinion of course) The only reason I'm building my '67 stepside is for that reason only. I have been looking for a '64-'65 stepside personally, but my wife encouraged me to build my '67 and I am glad she did. I can appreciate the flow of the design more now and I can't wait to see it completed. I listed the link to my build. I can't wait to see yours finished! Good luck!

Don

Link to my build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=257530

kyull67 09-10-2007 11:56 PM

Thanks. The reason I really like the '67 is the small back window also and of course the front clip. Let's race to see who finishes thier short step first!:)

Richard8971 09-11-2007 12:30 AM

You're on... realisticly I am about 2-3 weeks away (1-2 months for detail work) from getting my truck back on the road. The body work is done on the cab, doors and fenders. They just need to be blocked and painted. The cab should be painted this weekend and the doors and fenders shortly after. The inner fenders, core support have been painted. Assembly should go pretty quickly... hopefully. I have to rebuild the wiring harness but that doesn't seem too difficult. How far away are you? Hopefully not too far away. I love the rim/tire combo on your truck. Personally I love the retro look. Funny enough, the rims on my truck are from a Toyota T-100. They have a really cool retro look, that isn't quite rally but not quite stock. I will put on some chrome beauty rings and some half moon center caps to hide the lugs.

Don

Richard8971 09-11-2007 12:46 AM

Holy crap!!! I just read that your other truck was lost due to a fire. Granted, I am glad you were not hurt (hopefully) but WOW!!! Sorry friend... hope everything worked out ok, I know how these things can go. Times like that will prove who is your family and who isn't and hopefully you had alot of family around to help.

toomanytoyz 09-11-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyull67 (Post 2352692)
Thanks. The reason I really like the '67 is the small back window also and of course the front clip. Let's race to see who finishes thier short step first!:)

JUst Noticed how many 67 Stepper Builds we have going, I think we Could do a Thread on Just That:lol:

Thanks for the Kind word's on my Build, I love the Color on The Bed you Have, Is that the color you will go with?

I really Liked your Other Truck & was Sorry to hear of your Misfortune with it.

Good Luck & See You at the Finish Line:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick

kyull67 09-11-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard8971 (Post 2352758)
You're on... realisticly I am about 2-3 weeks away (1-2 months for detail work) from getting my truck back on the road. The body work is done on the cab, doors and fenders. They just need to be blocked and painted. The cab should be painted this weekend and the doors and fenders shortly after. The inner fenders, core support have been painted. Assembly should go pretty quickly... hopefully. I have to rebuild the wiring harness but that doesn't seem too difficult. How far away are you? Hopefully not too far away. I love the rim/tire combo on your truck. Personally I love the retro look. Funny enough, the rims on my truck are from a Toyota T-100. They have a really cool retro look, that isn't quite rally but not quite stock. I will put on some chrome beauty rings and some half moon center caps to hide the lugs.

Don

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanytoyz (Post 2353147)
JUst Noticed how many 67 Stepper Builds we have going, I think we Could do a Thread on Just That:lol:

Thanks for the Kind word's on my Build, I love the Color on The Bed you Have, Is that the color you will go with?

I really Liked your Other Truck & was Sorry to hear of your Misfortune with it.

Good Luck & See You at the Finish Line:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick

Sounds like we've got a race on our hands! Looks like Richard is going to win. If I can get the paint code from the guy I bought the bed from then I'll use it. I really like it.

19673ontree 09-11-2007 04:13 PM

I am SUPER IMMPRESSED with this truck , I like how solid the body is , to work on a truck in this condition is FUN !!
NO OFFENSE at all but I think this truck is a better truck all the way around than your first one ,,,, cool cool truck!!

Dova 09-11-2007 06:04 PM

how did you do your tailights like that?

1LoC10 09-11-2007 06:05 PM

lookin good

kyull67 09-13-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19673ontree (Post 2353511)
I am SUPER IMMPRESSED with this truck , I like how solid the body is , to work on a truck in this condition is FUN !!
NO OFFENSE at all but I think this truck is a better truck all the way around than your first one ,,,, cool cool truck!!

It's getting there but I'm not liking the lack of power.

kyull67 09-13-2007 12:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I put the bed on to make sure it would clear the rear tires. It did just barely. I think the truck needs to be lowered even more though.
Dova to answer your question, I bought the bed already done to save time and money since I've been building one of these for three years now. The tailights are from a 1940's chevy pickup.
Also thanks to fellow board member Bobbo, we got a new master cylinder installed and it's stopping great. Thanks Bobbo.:metal: I don't quite trust myself enough to do a part that important.:o

Richard8971 09-14-2007 01:23 AM

Hey, just FYI, if you can't find the paint code of the paint on the bed you can always get it over to your local automotive paint supply store and have the color camera'ed. (Provided they have one, they are about 6-10 grand) The camera will search the computer filles for a color that is close to yours and then alter it to exactly match your paint. I have used these cameras TONS and they work beautifully! Hope this helps.

Don

kyull67 09-14-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard8971 (Post 2357940)
Hey, just FYI, if you can't find the paint code of the paint on the bed you can always get it over to your local automotive paint supply store and have the color camera'ed. (Provided they have one, they are about 6-10 grand) The camera will search the computer filles for a color that is close to yours and then alter it to exactly match your paint. I have used these cameras TONS and they work beautifully! Hope this helps.

Don

Awesome! Thanks for the info.:metal: I got ahold of Ctrow and all he knew is that it's a stock color from a '92 or '94 S10. So hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to match.

ColoradoK5 09-14-2007 05:56 PM

Good work! this project is coming together nice! I like that color too! Keep up the good work!

bobbo 09-16-2007 09:16 AM

Looks good with the bed on it! :) YW for the help with the MC...Let me know if I can help out with anything else...I may need help real soon with mine. :)

kyull67 09-16-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbo (Post 2360848)
Looks good with the bed on it! :) YW for the help with the MC...Let me know if I can help out with anything else...I may need help real soon with mine. :)

Will do, and let me know what's going on with the club.

kyull67 10-18-2007 06:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm waiting for the new house to be finished before I tear everything apart so for the mean time, I've been collecting boxes of performance parts for the engine. Here's some pictures of the Offenhauser four barrel intake, Holley 390 cfm Carb, power steering pump and brackets, and the headers. I'm going to get the headers sandblasted and coated. The fourth picture is the "Mullet" which is how I've been cruising it lately.

"67"StepSide 10-18-2007 07:39 PM

:metal: Very nice but your wayyyy ahead of me, wait up:lol::lol: